Two European games, two European refs.

Apart from booking Windass and giving a free kick against Morelos for winning the ball fairly, I completely agree.

I've said it before, but there should be a league of full time refs who rotate between the leagues. Far too many biased (scum) refs up here.

Perhaps the scum can bring the game into disrepute and force a referee strike? That way we’ll get officials from the continent.

There was a few, like the tackle onKatic, the guy falling at the feet oh jack at Ibrox and Windass booked for receiving an elbow.
I never said they were faultless. We got a penalty we’d never get in Scottish football and he wasn’t slow in booking Shkupi players last night either.

Compare it with the thuggery that’s went unpunished in our league.

I’d take those two ref performances in every game next season...,.but stand by for more of the same from Beaton&Co.

I never said they were faultless. We got a penalty we’d never get in Scottish football and he wasn’t slow in booking Shkupi players last night either.

I’d take those two ref performances in every game next season...,.but stand by for more of the same from Beaton&Co.
Hopefully the manager won't take any sh#t. We were on the receiving end of some appalling decisions last year.

Apart from booking Windass and giving a free kick against Morelos for winning the ball fairly, I completely agree.

I've said it before, but there should be a league of full time refs who rotate between the leagues. Far too many biased (scum) refs up here.

A genuine question, not intended to be dismissive or snide etc....

How much would these full time refs be paid and what leagues should they rotate around? Are you talking UK wide, Europe or just Scotland?

Also, why do you think a referee being full time would improve performance and what do you think they should be doing on a day to day basis?

A genuine question, not intended to be dismissive or snide etc....

How much would these full time refs be paid and what leagues should they rotate around? Are you talking UK wide, Europe or just Scotland?

Also, why do you think a referee being full time would improve performance and what do you think they should be doing on a day to day basis?

I've no idea of the intricacies of it, but there has to be change. Studying games and refereeing 2-3 games a week should cover full time hours easily, including travel.

Getting foreign refs in is more crucial than the full time aspect. As I said, there's far too much bias up here and it's no coincidence we were shafted by refs repeatedly last season.

Feasible? Probably not. But there's nothing wrong with hoping for change..

Barely a talking point in 180 minutes.

No agenda, just straight forward, HONEST refereeing.

So refreshing.
Not sure I agree with that assessment tbh. I thought the ref in the first leg was shocking and should have given us so much more. That said, nothing controversial which I guess is what your referring to.

I agree completely.

You're never going to get complete agreement from fans about refereeing decisions. Look how many were defending the penalty award France got in the WC final :eek:

However, both those refs in our games were just honest refs. I thought they did pretty well. Barely noticed them during either game and can honestly say I never got to my feet screaming at any of their shocking decisions.

Juat wait until Timmy Thompson, Beaton and the rest get their hands on a Rangers game again. Clogging, career threatening challenges all over the pitch going unpunished and ludicrous decisions galore going against us.

This is exactly what I meant.(edit.. meant to quote Arminius.)
They were by no means flawless, but there was nothing that got you out of your seat seething.

Wait until the league starts.

Last edited:
We should have had 3 penalties in the home game and they should have had a red card last night.

But other than that nothing that really impacted the results.

I agree completely.

You're never going to get complete agreement from fans about refereeing decisions. Look how many were defending the penalty award France got in the WC final :eek:

However, both those refs in our games were just honest refs. I thought they did pretty well. Barely noticed them during either game and can honestly say I never got to my feet screaming at any of their shocking decisions.

Juat wait until Timmy Thompson, Beaton and the rest get their hands on a Rangers game again. Clogging, career threatening challenges all over the pitch going unpunished and ludicrous decisions galore going against us.

So Thompson didn’t retire then Arminius ?

In our two games and in a whole summer of the WC we've seen some very good refereeing. Say goodbye to that when our SPL starts...

Suck has just posted an article on McClennan from Private Eye.

Anyone who doesn't think that refs can be cheating us only need look at who they answer to.

Irish journalists aren't allowed to publish negative stories about him, but we're meant to believe referees in Scotland will somehow be treated differently.

While at the game last night I thought the referee had a decent game and I'm right in saying it was his first European game ?

I was at the game at Ibrox and like the OP I over the two games I thought the refs were fair to us, we will not see this in the new season, I can see the usual suspects doing the self same things again in the new season.

Not sure I agree with that assessment tbh. I thought the ref in the first leg was shocking and should have given us so much more. That said, nothing controversial which I guess is what your referring to.

I agree. Ref in first leg was very weak and never took control of the game or stopped the blatant time wasting.

Gerrard’s got to be on top of it.

Go as critical as you can without getting into trouble, but he’s got to really put pressure on referees and make them worry about every decision they make against us.

The players need to stop being so honest as well. Go down a little easier when possible, give the referee a decision to make. Back each other and get in the ref’s face after every bad call, we need to start helping ourselves.

Barely a talking point in 180 minutes.

No agenda, just straight forward, HONEST refereeing.

So refreshing.
Top post.
This is an important point.
It puts to bed the suggestions on here that our concerns over refereeing in Scotland is no different to the lunatic paranoia of the other lot across the city.

The difference, of course, is blatantly obvious, the other lot have traditionally complained about referee's everywhere, and rarely lost in Europe without howling at UEFA's moon.
They have seen conspiracy and Masonic influence everywhere they have played.
That is paranoia.

Rangers last season were the victims of something far more than the demented imagination of a support groomed over the decades to seek victim status to justify their every failure and weakness.

Not sticking up for the refs in this country as we know what they're like but the 2 refs weren't that great at all. Especially the one at Ibrox. If the result hadn't gone our way we would be moaning about them for example, the tackle on Katic.

We've had atrocious refereeing in Scotland see us going ballistic, very often after victories these last few seasons.

Don't even begin to compare what went on with those eejits to the two Euro refs.
Yes, they made mistakes, they all do.

They acted with honesty though and were fairly even handed, which is the whole point of the thread.

Just wait and see what unfolds this season. Mark my words, bookmark the thread if you so wish because you'll see things that'll have you incandescent with rage.
A certainty.

Last edited:

Would be too pricey for leagues like the SPFHell to fly in and accommodate foreign refs. They would need to invent fictional offences that Rangers had committed, to impose illegal fines on us, to cover the costs.

Your point about the biased (scum) refs is valid though.

Haha. I've been so used to hurling abuse and deserved righteous indignation at that cheating cúnt, that it had slipped my mind that he had now made himself eligible for head of refereeing, Scotland :D

My bad :)

Funny. I hate the cheat too. Probably will be replaced by Peter Grant :D

Back