The illusion of them being cash rich

Gsweet88

Firstly apologies for a thread about them but sick of this cash rich nonsense being spouted, Last night we heard they had 400million in the bank then changed to 200 million then another caller said 60million below is a quote from there year end results

These results, which declare sales revenue of £90.6m (2016: £52.0m) and a profit before taxation of £6.9m (2016: £0.5m), reflect the paramount importance to the Company of participation in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.

I am no business genius but if they post a profit of 6.9 million surely that leaves them with an 83million hole to plug obv figures will be different but I believe they have spent more this year.

Is this the house of cards king is referring to, on they figures it would be very hard to recover 2 years out of the champions league.

Thoughts?

It does indeed make you wonder what is going on behind closed doors at the Chamber of Secrets, they have obviously made a bit of cash from Champs League and player sales but they really haven't put the hand in their pockets much. We can see tbis, but it baffles me that the hordes and media don't raise the issue.

We will put them to the sword this season and they will regret not spending. That and the board quite obviously and rightly do not trust the tranny shagger in the transfer market.

December 2017 they had £30million in cash in the bank.

Pretty much all of that will be used to cover up the missing CL revenue this year.

They are in a bit of a predicament.

Do they invest now, gamble on giving Brentan money to try and win the league (given he is notoriously poor in the transfer market)

And if they did win the league again no guarantee of CL groups next season either.

Decisions, decisions.

A caller on SSB last night displayed the complete lack of understanding many have of their financial position.

He was listing out the transfer fees they have received and basically adding them up to equate to what they “must have in the bank”
Their Wage bill is astronomical. Over 52M last year IIRC.

Their T/over was at a record level last year due to the CL revenue which they won’t have.
Yes they had a level of cash in the bank but as we’ve seen when you continue to have massive outgoings and your income drops you soon burn through cash.

Since that 52m level they have given Rogic a 5yr deal which will clearly have included a major salary bump, Tierney got a massive jump and they’ve signed (no laughing at the back) a £9M player whose wages they were unlikely to be fully covering last year.
Not to mention healthy bonuses for the squad and Brenda for the Treble.

They have some savings with the loans ends of Musonda and Roberts and Armstrong going but Allen and Christie partly offset that.

They have some amount of deadwood.
I will be astonished if they don’t desperately try to flog someone in the next couple of weeks.

Talksport ver the last few days Peter McGuire / Bill Leckie both claiming that the s um had crazy money in the bank.

They burn £1m a week on wages, IF they've got £40m in the bank just now they've got a defecit.

Bottom line is they tried to kill us off, effectively cheating their way to a free run of CL money. They have backers who appear to be sugar daddies but who are actually clinical mafia type businessmen who behind the scenes I'm sure are taking profits. I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised either to learn they are laundering money thro the club. They are a den of thieving robbing basses where money is everything.

Dave King is no fool and no stranger to the financial tricks of the trade. If he reckons they are on a sticky wicket then they will be.

Pretty much all of that will be used to cover up the missing CL revenue this year.

Do they invest now, gamble on giving Brentan money to try and win the league (given he is notoriously poor in the transfer market)

And if they did win the league again no guarantee of CL groups next season either.

Decisions, decisions.

This is correct, however I'm sure it will take until the financial year starting 2019 for it to take effect as their prize money for qualification for the group stages was paid out at the conclusion of the champions league in May. So you'll find that they may have managed to increase their cash in the bank this year as a result of that but they'll have to use it to subsidise their expenditure in the financial year 2019 if they don't cut costs.

I know F’all about their finances but I keep hearing they’ve to pay back a coop loan or overdraft facility this year as well?

It does indeed make you wonder what is going on behind closed doors at the Chamber of Secrets, they have obviously made a bit of cash from Champs League and player sales but they really haven't put the hand in their pockets much. We can see tbis, but it baffles me that the hordes and media don't raise the issue.

We will put them to the sword this season and they will regret not spending. That and the board quite obviously and rightly do not trust the tranny shagger in the transfer market.

There's nothing too baffling...everything is in their accounts.

There's two things to note about their finances.

Firstly, their wage bill is MASSIVE. That eats up nearly 80% of their regular turnover.

Secondly, their player sales is a bit of a myth. They've sold only three players in the last 10 transfer windows for any sort of value. Wanyama, VVD and Armstrong. They also lucked out on the VVD transfer to Liverpool with the sell on clause. They've wasted a tonne of any income they've got for players on the 17 guys Rodgers has signed when only 2 or 3 three feature in his teams at any given point.

That's the long and short of it and what you hear on a daily basis from a compliant media and their noisy fan base is how brilliant it all is. The truth is more like the above points.

I know F’all about their finances but I keep hearing they’ve to pay back a coop loan or overdraft facility this year as well?

Next Summer they lose access to a £12M overdraft facility within criminally low APR. That was their contingency. They also need to repay the final part of the loan aspect at around £6M from the last accounts I believe.

Talksport ver the last few days Peter McGuire / Bill Leckie both claiming that the s um had crazy money in the bank.

They burn £1m a week on wages, IF they've got £40m in the bank just now they've got a defecit.

You’re ignoring cash that they bring in Virgil. Yes season ticket money comes in at the end of a season ( May June ) but other income comes in more uniformly over the season like normal match tickets, Europe games, hospitality, kit sales etc to some extent.
I am confident that only player sale profits will stop them losing money & cash but not as dramatically as you think or hope mate.

This is correct, however I'm sure it will take until the financial year starting 2019 for it to take effect as their prize money for qualification for the group stages was paid out at the conclusion of the champions league in May. So you'll find that they may have managed to increase their cash in the bank this year as a result of that but they'll have to use it to subsidise their expenditure in the financial year 2019 if they don't cut costs.

Exactly, they are in a stick or twist moment.

Unfortunately for them the fans want them to spend money, Brentan wants money but they know themselves that his record at spending is atrocious.

Edouard is a decent player but they must surely regret lumping in on him right now.

Reactions: ZvP

Decisions, decisions.

I don't think so mate, surely if they had £30m in the bank in December, that would be to cover their running costs until the end of season?

Surely true reflection of how much cash in the bank is what the balance is by May?

Payoffs?

I don't think so mate, surely if they had £30m in the bank in December, that would be to cover their running costs until the end of season?

Surely true reflection of how much cash in the bank is what the balance is by May?

As mentioned above, I think the CL money is distributed at the end of the competition so they may have seen their cash position increase in May but this will be swallowed quickly during the course of this season.

Is there any such thing as a cash rich football club ? I would imagine they like most other clubs sail fairly close to the wind. I would expect some serious downsizing shortly.
But you do have to laugh, Guidi on Clyde last night was giving it just sell Boyata for 10m and someone else I can't remember who for 5m and Brendan gets 15m to spend. A near Scottish record transfer fee for Boyata. Unbelievable.

A caller on SSB last night displayed the complete lack of understanding many have of their financial position.

He was listing out the transfer fees they have received and basically adding them up to equate to what they “must have in the bank”
Their Wage bill is astronomical. Over 52M last year IIRC.

Their T/over was at a record level last year due to the CL revenue which they won’t have.
Yes they had a level of cash in the bank but as we’ve seen when you continue to have massive outgoings and your income drops you soon burn through cash.

Since that 52m level they have given Rogic a 5yr deal which will clearly have included a major salary bump, Tierney got a massive jump and they’ve signed (no laughing at the back) a £9M player whose wages they were unlikely to be fully covering last year.
Not to mention healthy bonuses for the squad and Brenda for the Treble.

They have some savings with the loans ends of Musonda and Roberts and Armstrong going but Allen and Christie partly offset that.

They have some amount of deadwood.
I will be astonished if they don’t desperately try to flog someone in the next couple of weeks.
Nice post though they will save a bit this season on the Treble bonuses.

Exactly, they are in a stick or twist moment.

Unfortunately for them the fans want them to spend money, Brentan wants money but they know themselves that his record at spending is atrocious.

Edouard is a decent player but they must surely regret lumping in on him right now.

Edouard is a massive gamble, one I'm surprised they made. He was signed solely on the merit of that goal at Ibrox in March.

It's not like Brendan hasn't been backed, his signing policy is atrocious and he's getting found out at Celtic the same way he did at Liverpool.

We know in 2016/7 they generated 14m of cash Stu. So last season I would assume would be similar as it was a CL year.
Without that, say a 20m fall for EL v CL I would expect a cash outflow of 4m to 8m ? But then their player sales will help that if they sell Boyata or Dembele ? So far Armstrong / Edouard should net off closely.
Of course the player sales make them worse on the park, helping us compete.

Their wage bill is over £50mill per annum, over 80% of turnover, plus they pay a premium to their shareholders, that’s unsustainable, they are where we were 12 years ago, totally reliant on CL money, Tuesday could just be their Kaunas moment.

Just be careful Imager. There will be some big bonuses in these numbers, and they will fall out due to non CL achievement mate. That may easily be a few millions in savings ?

They have several liabilities.

The one that would frighten any serious business the most is one that you don’t know the value of and that is the compensation that their abuse victims deserve.

They have no idea just how many victims there are and no idea what compensation payments that each of them could get and this could be bigger than most people could think. If there is any cash I think it will be to try and cover this.

Their stadium needs serious work and I would not be surprised if in cohoots with the SFA for them to buy Hampden.

Would still cost several million either way.

The CoOp bank , they will need to pay proper commercial loan rates on I think £19m

Current squad wages are not sustainable since no CL money and will need to go to the Poundshop transfer markets for a quick deal.

More important for cash flow of getting rid of wages than hope for a good sale price. A severe weakening of their squad.

Excellent news as far as we are concerned, bring it on.

Quelle surprise!
French market is probably their best bet of maximising price for Dembele given his relatively decent Under22 national record.
His abominable injury record however would put most clubs off.
You notice they are “ready to table”.....translates as asked the Tim’s how much do you want?
Probably go for an undisclosed 8.

There's nothing too baffling...everything is in their accounts.

There's two things to note about their finances.

Firstly, their wage bill is MASSIVE. That eats up nearly 80% of their regular turnover.

Secondly, their player sales is a bit of a myth. They've sold only three players in the last 10 transfer windows for any sort of value. Wanyama, VVD and Armstrong. They also lucked out on the VVD transfer to Liverpool with the sell on clause. They've wasted a tonne of any income they've got for players on the 17 guys Rodgers has signed when only 2 or 3 three feature in his teams at any given point.

That's the long and short of it and what you hear on a daily basis from a compliant media and their noisy fan base is how brilliant it all is. The truth is more like the above points.

This all day long. Their wage bill is of lunatic proportions. There is also no way that McGinn wouldn't have went to the Piggery if they had matched or came close to the wages he was looking for. They'll now be trying desperately to unload their high earners.

Quelle surprise!
French market is probably their best bet of maximising price for Dembele given his relatively decent Under22 national record.
His abominable injury record however would put most clubs off.
You notice they are “ready to table”.....translates as asked the Tim’s how much do you want?
Probably go for an undisclosed 8.

Didn’t something in l’equipe say they had offered him to Marseille?

Edouard is a massive gamble, one I'm surprised they made. He was signed solely on the merit of that goal at Ibrox in March.

It's not like Brendan hasn't been backed, his signing policy is atrocious and he's getting found out at Celtic the same way he did at Liverpool.

Dembele & Wiggy are injury prone. I just hope his injury this week was nothing trivial.
Would be good if Edouard’s injury situation was like tge others :D

Their shareholders just help themselves to their cash as well. So, a lot of the money coming in will go right into the pockets of the people involved with the club.

We all know the rhags in Glasgow are being fed the info.....Tierney & Dembele are being whored around anybody and everybody!
Davy Hutton from Quicksale will have them on his auction shortly.......SOLD

The good thing is this English window being shut. They’ve got more money than sense Joburg :D

Back fired on them in spectacular style this week. They have neglected and ran the stadium into the ground so put a positive spin on buy new light bulbs and you know the rest lmao

How can EPL clubs be monitoring the situation? They cant buy anyone until January.

They can sign anyone, anytime. They can't be registered until the next window opens.

Not saying that anyone is keeping tabs on him right enough.

Decisions, decisions.

They'll need that to cover the wage bill. Can't go spunking it on players

Back