Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig Levein confirms @JamTarts and @RangersFC remain in “discussions” regarding Kyle Lafferty - Levein says the striker hasn’t told him he wants to leave Tynecastle & says it’s “not inevitable” the striker will be sold

Makes me think that the signing is in the dot the "i's" and cross the "t's" stage.

It can still fall apart, but for the Hearts manager to come out say that means it's a goer in my eyes.

My point, walk away and tell them next offer is one deadlind day for half the amount and we dont want any away tickets.

Aye, thats really going to work.

Some bears seem to think clubs should just bend over and accept whatever we want to give to them.

I don't think Hearts are being unreasonable at all.

750k is a fair price in todays market.

Some bears seem to think clubs should just bend over and accept whatever we want to give to them.

Nobody is saying £750k is over the top mate its the time its taking.

Im still not convinced this is a goer, i really would not be surprised if he signs a new contract at Hearts.

I was hoping for better than KL, hopefully he will prove me wrong

I can't get my head around it he's not particularly good and is high maintenance and with him being effectively 3rd choice I don't know why we don't go all out for a quality striker to go into our front line. I'll be brutally honest it wouldn't bother me if the deal falls through we know what to expect with Lafferty and there's far too emphasis on form v the tims which is essentially pushing this deal forward in some folks minds.

Solanke, the Bosinian strikers, are all better options imo.

Sorry, bud, I’m not one of the clever dicks in our support who think they know everything.
For me, it’s simple.
We want, we need, who can supply, what are they asking for, can we negotiate, is this value for money, are there better options, okay let’s deal.
Not every signing needs to be “sold on at a profit”.
We need to consider there value to the team NOW, this season.
The coin isn’t the only currency here.
I agree with you. However, these things play into the "is this value for money" that you stated. We are also given rivals money and a chance to spend and improve.

I am not suggesting that every signing needs to be bought to sold on. Your original statement was "If we reckon Windass worth a couple of million plus, Lafferty must be rated at more than £200k." All i was stating was, their perceived value is not just based on their ability to perform on a football pitch. Therefor, you cannot really compare the two of them in that way.

(For what it is worth, i think Lafferty would be a good signing but would have to put a limit on about £650k for him, otherwise we move on)

Craig Levein confirms @JamTarts and @RangersFC remain in “discussions” regarding Kyle Lafferty - Levein says the striker hasn’t told him he wants to leave Tynecastle & says it’s “not inevitable” the striker will be sold

I'd say Rangers know what Hearts want and Rangers. Are trying to meet it any way we can with hodson or Wallace plus cash and appearances etc ......it can't be out of hand or we would've turned our attentions elsewhere

My point, walk away and tell them next offer is one deadlind day for half the amount and we dont want any away tickets.
They would keep him or sell him to someone else then. You can't negotiate that way, if we want him We need to get to a point we are both happy with
I think if the board thought they were taking the piss then we would walk like you say

I agree Sasa, apart from the 750k. I think 450k to 500k is more than fair for a guy bought for nothing & in his last year mate.

Just not what I think we need. If he isnt gonna be a main striker then why spunk £750k if that is what is to be.

We need quality challenging in all positions mate. We can’t go into a season, potentially with Europe and challenging for three domestic trophies without someone being able to properly challenge and push on our main striker. As it stands we have a young striker, who still has it all to prove, with only ‘potential’ as back up.

What we need is someone experienced, someone proven at both domestic and international level, someone who knows what it takes to be a winner at a huge club, someone who is in great form, someone who can deliver in big games and under pressure.

Lafferty is all of those things. What do you think we do need if it’s not that, out of interest?

£750k isn’t a huge amount when you consider the potential rewards. Just look at the filths Champions League draw this year. Would you have fancied us to get through that? I certainly would have, but it matters not one %^*& if we don’t catch the bastards.

I was hoping for better than KL, hopefully he will prove me wrong
I know what you mean but I can see it a couple of ways apart from being cheap; we missed a lot of chances last season where good crosses were coming into the six yard box at pace and our strikers or whoever were just short of converting, Lafferty I think, with the extra leg length and ability to read the game will get on the end of these. Plus him and Morelos together are going to terrorise that Scum defence while Brown is negated by our midfield, he won't know where the next dunt is coming from.

I have to agree although I retain a small hope that Arfield can be the one to contribute goals.

Love the avatar BTW ;)

I’d say he will be the highest scoring of our centre midfielders but can’t see him getting double figures, hopefully I’m wrong! Dont think he’s a great goal scoring record

Cant understand the hard on for KL on here. At best he will be a squad player. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

We need a squad player. We generally play 1 up front and that's Morelos. A reliable backup for Morelos is what we're looking for, someone who can be combative and effective as a lone striker, and Lafferty fits the profile quite nicely.

Haven’t seen enough of him recently to judge but I’ve heard it said a few times now that he’s a better player nowadays than he was last time he was with us, is that possibly true?

Haven’t seen enough of him recently to judge but I’ve heard it said a few times now that he’s a better player nowadays than he was last time he was with us, is that possibly true?
More experienced and seems to have matured, has lost a bit of pace but can make up for that by better positioning.

Don’t waste your time with that child. Anything he says is either negative or nonsensical to the point where it’s comical.

Levein on SSN saying still in discussions, won’t give details.
Not the happy smiley face we saw after the Mhanks game, very serious looking.

He's not warming the bench at Hearts. It's not an argument for or against this signing in any way ffs.:D:D

If he was Jimmy Smith insread of KL would you be as keen to sign him?

I think he could do a job but experience tells me he puts in a shift just before contract renewal time and is injured a lot.

Could be Wallace that's holding up the deal he'll be looking for a severance package to go.
I was thinking much the same myself.
I would hope by now that we are very close to completing this deal especially as I can't see any problems agreeing personal terms with Kyle.

Note how quickly we tied up the Barisic deal for example. Yet dealing with another Scottish club and it’s dragged on and on and on.
Absolutely ridiculous this deal isn’t done yet, hope we buy as few players from this country as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back