Gordon Parks in the Sunday Mail dishes out a lecture to us

We'll see

What the management team have achieved, in a short time, is worthy of praise. Why anyone would try to belittle that, after a few weeks, we can only guess :rolleyes:

We don’t care what the other mob are doing, it has no effect on how we intend to progress our team. Hate filled Scottish press will always be hate filled Scottish press.

Gordon parks???? There was a day when I knew the names of mail journalists, not since it turned into a comic version of the Celtic view.

But what we have achieved so far is being dismissed as nothing. That's what folk are arguing against him.

We've put out two teams who would've horsed us in May.
We've taken 4 points(should've been six) despite playing with 10 men the majority of both matches in the league. Matches we'd have lost last season
We've conceded 3 goals in 8 games and not been behind once. We conceded 5 in 90 minutes in May
We've got 5 clean sheets from 8 games. It took us to November last season to get to 5 clean sheets

Desribing Maribor as nothing and then telling us that the real test comes against teams Maribor dispatched handily over the past few years simply does not make sense.

We haven’t achieved anything of real note yet.
That bit is actually true for me, and I don’t have any great problem with it.

That we’re markedly improved from the abject shambles of last season is, as I said, undeniable however, but beating Osijek and Maribor - good results as they were - in the grander scheme of things aren’t really anything that will make the wider footballing fraternity stand up and take notice.

That’s just the hard truth of it.

We can see the clear progress we’re making and it’s exciting and encouraging, and it’s to the shame of the bitter rabble that make up the Scottish media that almost to a man they can’t bring themselves to acknowledge that and commend it, but did we really expect anything else?

I said before the start of the season that beating Timbo was going to be the key to turning this thing around.

That’s the hoodoo they’re all still desperately clinging on to, the emblem of their supremacy, but if and when that goes, this whole sorry Yahoo fluffing extravaganza they’ve got going on threatens to crumble to dust.

Parks is a bigoted biased and incompetent journalist. I do feel, however this sort of article works in our favour.
Complacency from that mob suits us and more articles like that will ensure LLiewell doesn't splash the cash (assuming they have any that has not been provisioned for in future court cases).

Out of perverse curiosity I used to watch the Record's pundit videos with Jackson, Parks and that ugly dude in the Lyle and Scott jumpers.
Anyway, they used to relentlessly bully and ridicule Parks, especially Jackson; up to the point it was actually uncomfortable to watch.
He's a joke figure even inside the walls of his own workplace.

Let them print and spout their bitter and twisted crap .
There is a saying that goes those who laughed last laugh longest .
55 on its way print that and weep

Gordon Parks brother is a paedophile, he was outed live on Facebook 2 weeks ago

When we fuk that lot in their shit pit in a couple of weeks then they will take notice.

The same makeweights who rated above AEK Athens?

Quite clear to see that Waddell has an interest in the Celtc status quo here and will seek to retain his privileges through half baked lies and twisted logic.
They dont use logic when hating us Hearts beat them as well anyway i dont hear anyone say we are going to win the league what everyone was hoping for but are expecting now is giving them a challenge which i think will happen,they really are going to explode when they cant keep us down anymore.

He's a celtc fan from Kirky who drinks with other celtc fans from Kirky - his opinion is irrelevant!
Fck him and his dying 'newspaper'!

That reminds me of what we were saying after O'Neill took over at the piggery.

To use any reference to slavery, even a quote, shows how utterly detached from reality and perspective these people are. We're simply acknowledging, albeit very positively, the big progress we've made in less than 3 full months. This article is just another variation on the theme of the "defiance" crap that was spouted in 2012-2013 when we had the temerity to continue to support our team in huge numbers.

There's still a huge sense of disbelief with these people that we're still here never mind improving.

Just your typical do Rangers down Scottish newspaper piece. Nothing new here. It's a big part of the reason nobody buys newspapers anymore.

You can smell the fear, 55 is coming and they know it,oh and btw as someone asked previously who the feck is Gordon Parks

OK, I’ll stick my neck out. IMO a chunk of our support are starting to get ahead of themselves. In last few days we’ve had threads about the dates for the EL group stages and the impact on league fixtures and the pricing strategy for the EL group stages. There’s assumptions that the scum have already self destructed and will be there for he taking on 2nd September.

We’ve rightly every reason to be optimistic, especially given the cluster f*ck and missed opportunities of the last few years. We’ve had some fantastic results and performances in Europe so far however we’re not even at the end of August yet. The team have some major tests to face over the coming weeks. I’m fairly confident they’re up to the task however IMO talk of titles and EL group stages are jumping the gun a bit. We’ve progressed brilliantly over the last two months but it really is a case of one game at a time for me.

What I find most disgusting is that Rangers and SG haven't claimed anything.
It's his effin pals on the media who are slaughtering Brenda
Ratbag!

Spot on. SG has been very careful in each and every one of his interviews to keep everyone grounded, he always re-iterates that a massive amount of work still to be done before we can even be considered a good side. Not once has he or any of his staff said, or even hinted, that we will win the title.

However like fans the World over we have got very excited with this new dawn and why shouldn't we after the crap we have endured.

So Mr Park do not mistake our Club's supporters excitement as that of our management team. However I'm sure even yourself if you removed your green tinted specs for a second might just understand the joy, excitement and confidence the Rangers support have taken from the results so far.

However SG along with his backroom staff and players have remained very grounded. To a man they have been very careful not to get carried away with our good start to the season and not once has any of them given any sort of prediction of what we will achieve or win this season.

I sometimes wonder if these people are under the influence of alcohol, or mind-altering drugs, when they write such drivel. I suspect that McGregor, Katic, Goldson and Couibaly would all have a good chance of getting into the current Celtic eleven, they might even have got through against A.E.K. if they'd had a couple of them, as the Greeks appeared to be a weaker team than Maribor.

The usual pish from the usual sort of suspects. Apparently we're getting ahead of ourselves on the the back of nothing. Here's the 'highlights'

"Talk of toppling Celtic is premature because so few Rangers players would get in their team, argues Gordon."

"Frederick Douglass, a leader of the campaign to abolish slavery in America, famously said: “If there’s
no struggle, there’s no progress.” And that phrase is spot on when it comes to the current state of Rangers."

Our result against Osijek and Maribor were against "European makeweights"

Our results against Aberdeen and St Mirren were "Premiership competence"

"A mood change in a matter of weeks is always a worry."

"Only in Scottish football can Brendan Rodgers now be a figure for ridicule and finger-pointing for perceived failings and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard hailed as a messiah before a ball has barely been kicked."

"Talking of “keeping heroes” after wins over the mediocre is premature in the extreme."

"Here comes the reality biter - Now Europe’s makeweights have been despatched, the real tests are arriving and there’s also the matter of Celtic"

"Despite all of the recent talk of reclaiming the title, it still holds true in this quarter that only a couple of current Rangers “heroes” would get a sniff of being handed a starting slot with the champions and that remains a generous assessment."

"Rangers should tread with a touch more caution because they haven’t done anything yet."

:D:D:D I can almost taste the bitterness from here.
why are our fans still buying this paper!

We are three rds better off in Europe so far, and sitting ahead of the mhanky mob in the lge, all done in a matter of a few wks. If that’s not progression then I don’t know what is. And while all the time the Daily Record & Sunday Mail have regressed ya muppet

I'm sure his reasons for this article is a hatred of Rangers however we have won nothing yet. I'd rather wait til we have a trophy in the cabinet and a good result at the cesspit before we start to pat ourselves on the back.
Surely we can pat ourselves on the back for what we achieved so far.

Well he has a point to an extent. Although dispatching Maribor deserves a bit more respect.

Truth is we haven't done anything. No cups won and no title.

As ever in FF the spectrum swings wildly from everyone needs sacked to everyone (minus this week's scape goat) is world class.

I'd prefer to keep our traditional dignified silence now. Go about our job quietly and efficiently.

The club has though, the fans are being fans... daring to dream.

Parks article hangs our resurgence on one competitive match to the detriment of the 8 we’ve already played, incidentally this is the same rhetoric used to judge us on the most recent version of the 100 odd thread devoted to us on Kerrydale.

You can add Coulibaly to that.
Flanagan is also a better defensive left back than the golden boy. I would also say Ryan jack would get into their midfield. The only real place i see them having better players than us is the forward positions despite us outscoring them last season

I actually believe that McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson and Katic would walk into their team.

I agree and also think Arfield,Morelos and Jack wouldn’t be far away- Barasic when he finds his feet, I believe will be good enough

They have had it all their own way for so long none of them can believe we may actually catch them - it will be carnage when it eventually happens

I have literally read dozens of posters making ‘bold predictions’, I’ve read about Rodgers and Celtic crumbling and how 55 is inevitable.

It’s a football forum what do you expect? Fans get carried away and hope/believe we can will 55 this season-nothing wrong with that.

The ,so few of our players would get in their team argument is as fallacious as it is folly.

It's the kind of argument the unsophisticated would make .

So much goes in to building a team with a winning mentality that to boil it down to this level of simplicity is downright ignorance.

He is right in one thing though , we have done nothing yet but the signs that we might are more than encouraging.

Just for the record,I could name three players right off the bat that would improve their first eleven , if that's what he thinks is all it really takes.

It’s a football forum what do you expect? Fans get carried away and hope/believe we can will 55 this season-nothing wrong with that.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, I was just asking for a wee bit of caution and calm;)

Perhaps a wee bit of realism too, given it’s August and the season has barely started.

Imagine being so self-important to quote:

Frederick Douglass, a leader of the campaign to abolish slavery in America

You’re a bitter football writer in a shite Sunday paper.

Another f*nny who makes a living off of the back of Glasgow Rangers.
Bet this chunt self harms as well.

Don’t buy this shitey rag and spread the word. The record group is infested with haters . They can’t hide their bigoted opinions

Whilst we weren’t very good last season, we were but a Morelos sitter away from handing them their arse at one point.

They are certainly not as good as they think they are

It is overly bitter and churlish - only a couple of our players would make the Celtic squad? Aye, right you are! - but he’s more or less correct with the overall thrust of his piece, IMO.

Ray Charles could see we’re a much improved proposition under Gerrard.

Any other country on earth and they’d be glad this tedious Yahoo monopoly was finally being given a proper run for its money (contrast this with twelve months ago when Dolly got off to a winning start and they were falling over themselves to suggest McInnes and his goon squad were now serious contenders), but as encouraging as our start has been, we haven’t actually achieved anything yet.

The litmus tests are imminent though - a Europa League play-off double header against this Russian mob and a first trip to the Beggardome for Gerrard.

Pass those with flying colours and this bitter fud and his ilk are going to have to find a different drum to bang.

I dont really understand this post tbh.

I don’t like Parks but I’m putting my massive tin hat on here, I agree with a lot of what he says, the hysteria on here in particular is mental, it’s August for feck sake, we have made a solid start and things are progressing really well, however we are still up against a side who have easily won 2 trebles on the trot. You would think all we have to do is roll up to the Piggery on the 2nd and win comfortably, 55 will be inevitable after that.

We are on the right tracks but we need to calm down a touch.
Hes spinning it that the club are getting above their station,the club have said nothing.We the fans can say what we like:D

I’ve noticed a narrative in the Scottish media recently.

Willie Miller going on recently about Rangers showing “humility “. Richard Gordon and Michael Stewart backing him up.

Yet no one at Rangers has made any outrageous boasts about winning the league.

It was Charlie Adam who said Rangers could mount a serious challenge and maybe even win the title. He isn’t a Rangers employee.

It’s clear many are worried about a Rangers resurgence and want us back in our box.

33tkun4.jpg

The usual pish from the usual sort of suspects. Apparently we're getting ahead of ourselves on the the back of nothing. Here's the 'highlights'

"Talk of toppling Celtic is premature because so few Rangers players would get in their team, argues Gordon."

"Frederick Douglass, a leader of the campaign to abolish slavery in America, famously said: “If there’s
no struggle, there’s no progress.” And that phrase is spot on when it comes to the current state of Rangers."

Our result against Osijek and Maribor were against "European makeweights"

Our results against Aberdeen and St Mirren were "Premiership competence"

"A mood change in a matter of weeks is always a worry."

"Only in Scottish football can Brendan Rodgers now be a figure for ridicule and finger-pointing for perceived failings and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard hailed as a messiah before a ball has barely been kicked."

"Talking of “keeping heroes” after wins over the mediocre is premature in the extreme."

"Here comes the reality biter - Now Europe’s makeweights have been despatched, the real tests are arriving and there’s also the matter of Celtic"

"Despite all of the recent talk of reclaiming the title, it still holds true in this quarter that only a couple of current Rangers “heroes” would get a sniff of being handed a starting slot with the champions and that remains a generous assessment."

"Rangers should tread with a touch more caution because they haven’t done anything yet."

:D:D:D I can almost taste the bitterness from here.
Hahahahaha. He's raging

Back