How will our accounts look after this season?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
With the tops being released last night and the ticket revenue from European games would that likely close the funding gap that board have had to cover in last couple of seasons?

I imagine that Gerrard and his backroom staff would cost a fair bit (though whatever it is already justified it).

Our financial year runs from 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018. We won’t see any benefits of Europe or kits etc until next year. So if the figures published aren’t what you expect, don’t panic!

^this^

The filth will be all over it when our next accounts are out but we know that all the good 'stuff' won't happen until 2018/19 financial year.

Our financial year runs from 1st July 2017 to 30th June 2018. We won’t see any benefits of Europe or kits etc until next year. So if the figures published aren’t what you expect, don’t panic!

When they (Europe and kits) hit the accounts would we expect it to cover funding gap or would we likely still be running at a loss?

When they (Europe and kits) hit the accounts would we expect it to cover funding gap or would we likely still be running at a loss?

Looking at the gap last year, assuming we're not paying anything excessive on the new signings wages, I'd expect us to be turning into profit for 18/19. That's not even assuming we'll even have any more Europa league bonuses. Perhaps still a cash shortfall, with the transfer spend, but operations will be favourable.

Why would you think that anyone on here would have the vaguest idea regarding your question?
Let me assure you that every response will be utter BS.

Why would you think that anyone on here would have the vaguest idea regarding your question?
Let me assure you that every response will be utter BS.

If someone know our previous accounts, roughly how much we’d get in European money and kit sales then they’d be able to make a rough guess. That’s all I was looking for not cast iron guarantee.

Share issue, European money, kits, record season ticket sales, possibly a big player sale next summer - I expect us to turn a profit next October for the first time in years, and a healthy one at that.

Me too 1690. The next accounts out may be around 2m loss but I’ll be amazed if 2018-19 don’t show a profit now.

If someone know our previous accounts, roughly how much we’d get in European money and kit sales then they’d be able to make a rough guess. That’s all I was looking for not cast iron guarantee.

The 6 months to December, 16 were a 926k loss IIRC mate.
Some of us disagreed on the following 6mth period but if that was similar then we could maybe publish a 2m loss in our next disclosed accounts ? ( 2017-18 ).

There are big benefits from there for EL ( 10m incl the qualifying pre group stage less VAT on gate money ? ) plus the Strips / Hummel money maybe 3m plus 4m if some bears estimates I saw are right.

On the other side we have amortisation of player purchases ( est 3m ? ) plus the extra salary costs for players & management. Then of course the extra costs of the EL run ?

Hard to say but I wouldn’t rule out a few million profit.

Might have been a bit of cash spent on player pay offs too ASW.
But I still agree with 1690 & Xiltoid that we should make a profit, Cash flow closer though, because not all transfer fees will be written off against profit.

Exactly A1bertz. We have a board who we can now trust, and we can now enjoy watching The Famous Glasgow Rangers.

We'll know if its ever time to worry.
We have the right people in charge.
For now, take a rest....enjoy the football.
I disagree entirely, we should always ensure that those in charge are scrutinised appropriately and fully held accountable of custodians of our great club - whether that be accounts, kit deals, sponsorship deals, share moves. We came so close to the abyss we can never take any chances again.

I disagree entirely, we should always ensure that those in charge are scrutinised appropriately and fully held accountable of custodians of our great club - whether that be accounts, kit deals, sponsorship deals, share moves. We came so close to the abyss we can never take any chances again.

Yep. And that’s why C1872 has grown.

Unlikely anyone will have any idea on the cost element tho.

Ask the nearest poet.:D

As my mate said the other night.

How do you fill a pub on a Thursday night with mentally challengeds?

Put the Rangers game on.:)

Creepy mentally challenged bastards.

NS.
I heard they had our game on in their hospitality on Thursday.

That fine...I'm sure from within the likes of club1872 etc we have the right pepple to keep an eye on things on behalf of the fans. My point is that we, the Joe punter fan, shouldn't get hung up all the time in finance; revenues, P&L, balance sheets etc that the majority of us can't even decipher anyway.

Back