Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Got a mate in Berlin trying to buy us 3 x 2 game packages at 77€ each.

Disclaimer at end says all fans will be asked to produce ID card before entry and if British ID wont be allowed in.

Just has another look on the RV site. They are not selling the two match package any more (I got mine for €56). And stiĺl no disclaimer on the site.

I checked the disclaimer on my e-tickets. There is no mention of ID cards. The accompanying e-mail does say that a photo ID is required IF YOU ARE COLLECTING TICKETS FROM THE STADIUM (no mention of British ID not permitted), but most, if not all of us, have print at home e-tickets.

Detail from my e-mail below:

"The guest cards are personalized, so every person on the pickup required a valid photo ID - please do not forget to bring this! Please note that the cards can only be picked up by those persons in whose name the cards are also reserved. Furthermore, this confirmation is valid as a proof of reservation and must be presented at the ticket collection. In order to avoid delays at the cash desk, we ask you to prepare the confirmation and the valid photo ID right from the start. THANK YOU! "

So from what I can see, and from info provided from posters on this thread who have been in contact with the RV ticket office, there is no restriction on Rangers supporters in the home sections of the stadium.

Their European attendances have been around 21-22k, the ground holds 28000.
The recent derby was 25k.
I think we'll be ok for tickets over there if not beforehand.

The capacity reduces significantly for European games because they need to put seats in the standing sections. Think it knocks about 5k capacity off.

The capacity reduces significantly for European games because they need to put seats in the standing sections. Think it knocks about 5k capacity off.

From their official site.....Capacity: 24.000 Seated / 28.600 including safe standing

Just back from Vienna, was there for NI game.

Lovely city. Nice people.
Stayed in Ibis Messe which was handy for public transport.

If you’re looking to chill out for a couple of hours try the Thermal Baths (therme wien) at Oberlaa underground station.

There was plenty going on in Prater Park including an Oktoberfest but wouldn’t let us in with football shirts on, I think some idiots ruined it for the rest of us !

There’s a wee pub called Beer Saloon near Schwedenplatz ( away fan congregation point ) they put the tunes on for us in the pub etc

Enjoy the trip

If you’re looking to chill out for a couple of hours try the Thermal Baths (therme wien) at Oberlaa underground station.

There was plenty going on in Prater Park including an Oktoberfest but wouldn’t let us in with football shirts on, I think some idiots ruined it for the rest of us !

There’s a wee pub called Beer Saloon near Schwedenplatz ( away fan congregation point ) they put the tunes on for us in the pub etc

Enjoy the trip
Were stayin ibis messe tae is it decent pal

Enjoy the trip
Was there an area of bars that fans tended to congregate or was it all pretty spread out mate?

Was there an area of bars that fans tended to congregate or was it all pretty spread out mate?
The Austrians nominated an area for away fans to congregate- Schwedenplatz. That’ll probably be the case when you go.
It had plenty of bars close by the underground station. There was a Fanzone which I didn’t bother with.

2 bars I remember names of are Beer Saloon & Bermuda Brau. Both were decent, but if u take a dander around that area you’ll find loads more boozers, there was a Hard Rock Cafe too.

There was a Spar there too that sold carry outs. Get a look on google maps mate.

The Austrians nominated an area for away fans to congregate- Schwedenplatz. That’ll probably be the case when you go.
It had plenty of bars close by the underground station. There was a Fanzone which I didn’t bother with.

2 bars I remember names of are Beer Saloon & Bermuda Brau. Both were decent, but if u take a dander around that area you’ll find loads more boozers, there was a Hard Rock Cafe too.

There was a Spar there too that sold carry outs. Get a look on google maps mate.
Brilliant mate, cheers! That's 25 minute walk from our hotel just..... and a 10 minute taxi back after a few!

0.5 hour to and from stadium as well

Just had a look on a few stadium sites, it has standing capacity for 8500 which converts to only 4000 seats.

Might not be as easy getting tickets as I thought.

Just had a look on a few stadium sites, it has standing capacity for 8500 which converts to only 4000 seats.

Might not be as easy getting tickets as I thought.
Given we have taken two sections for away allocation and a large number of our support have bought the home end package, I would be surprised if there were many single tickets left when taking their own fans into account. The place will be absolutely bouncing.

Given we have taken two sections for away allocation and a large number of our support have bought the home end package, I would be surprised if there were many single tickets left when taking their own fans into account. The place will be absolutely bouncing.
Be intresting to see the amount of empty seats behind that goal when they play next Thursday

Enjoy the trip

More importantly, much for a pint? Hahaha

Im thinking that the local police will arrange a meet up point for all the Rangers fans closer to the stadium than Schwedenplatz. Apparently its a 2 hour walk to the stadium from Schwedenplatz and I cant imagine them facilitating a 2 hour walk to the stadium.

Im thinking that the local police will arrange a meet up point for all the Rangers fans closer to the stadium than Schwedenplatz. Apparently its a 2 hour walk to the stadium from Schwedenplatz and I cant imagine them facilitating a 2 hour walk to the stadium.

It's only half an hour by train. Bears will be drinking in the city centre from the Tuesday to the Friday mate, not everyone will be at an official "meet up point".

I realise there's a lot going to euro aways for the first time due to us not playing at this level for a few years but on these trips we tend to just drink where we want rather than at any fan zone type place.

If one is set up then great and it might suit some people but the vast majority will head into the centre of town then get train/taxi to ground.

It's only half an hour by train. Bears will be drinking in the city centre from the Tuesday to the Friday mate, not everyone will be at an official "meet up point".

I realise there's a lot going to euro aways for the first time due to us not playing at this level for a few years but on these trips we tend to just drink where we want rather than at any fan zone type place.

If one is set up then great and it might suit some people but the vast majority will head into the centre of town then get train/taxi to ground.

Yeah I know mate. I was just thinking that if the Union Bears or anything were planning a walk to the ground Id have thought the meeting place would have been closer than Schwedenplatz.

What Meininger hotel was it people were staying in? Looks like there’s three.

Think I’ve booked Downtown Franz.

Good unlimited free WiFi in Dublin Airport. Coffee (I was driving) & Beers (looked at prices) before you go through check-in were a lot cheaper than usual airport rip-offs.
Good to know. We're coming back via Dublin on the Saturday and have 3 hours to kill in the airport. (Last time I was in Dublin airport was after we played Bohemians)

Back