letter to Susan Aitken (the one who stopped our fan zone), No Reply so far.

theateam

14 Jul at 20:48

Dear Susan.

Have you evidence of the priest been spat on, and also hit with a baton.?

Was the priest standing on the steps of his chapel, as the story goes, or was he standing outside in the middle of the pavement?

Did his parishioners urge the father to go back inside his chapel, instead of standing in the middle of the pavement to antagonise the followers of the parade?

Is there cctv on a pole outside the chapel, if so it must have recorded this savage attack on this poor defenceless priest, who was just going about his daily duties?

So why are the S.N.P(no surprise one is in a Republican flute band) quick out the blocks to tar everyone attending the parade with the same brush.

Because when priests systematically abuse vulnerable children we are told that it is a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of the catholic church,

When Muslims bomb, behead, and slaughter innocents in the name of or Allah we are told its a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of Muslims,

When dozens of junkies are arrested at transm8 festival we are told its a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of festival goers,

When one person following a parade with thousands at it and supposedly spits on a priest, It’s everyone following the parade that’s targeted, no tiny minority when it comes to the Orange Order and it’s followers.

So Susan why are you tarring everyone with the same brush?

And why not wait till the full facts are out before you start targeting parades, and talk of rerouting them?
I await your response to the above questions.

Good points. Her answer will be that she has no control or input into the treatment of the other groups you used for comparison but the OO parade comes under her remit.
If you do get an answer it won't make sense, it will be wrong and hypocritical, stand by for more weasel words.
Well done, persevere and complain to others if you don't get an answer.

I am not a member of the OO, but this attack on them is just petty in the extreme, the fact that these Feckers attack others when it suits them, is no longer funny any more, the freedom we are all supposed to enjoy in our country is being destroyed by these very dangerous, tramps and thieves who have seen Braveheart one to many times, their utter hatred of anything or anyone who does not side with them, is alarming to say the least.

Dear Susan.

Was the priest standing on the steps of his chapel, as the story goes, or was he standing outside in the middle of the pavement?

Did his parishioners urge the father to go back inside his chapel, instead of standing in the middle of the pavement to antagonise the followers of the parade?

Is there cctv on a pole outside the chapel, if so it must have recorded this savage attack on this poor defenceless priest, who was just going about his daily duties?

So why are the S.N.P(no surprise one is in a Republican flute band) quick out the blocks to tar everyone attending the parade with the same brush.

Because when priests systematically abuse vulnerable children we are told that it is a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of the catholic church,

When Muslims bomb, behead, and slaughter innocents in the name of or Allah we are told its a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of Muslims,

When dozens of junkies are arrested at transm8 festival we are told its a tiny minority and shouldn't be seen as a reflection of festival goers,

When one person following a parade with thousands at it and supposedly spits on a priest, It’s everyone following the parade that’s targeted, no tiny minority when it comes to the Orange Order and it’s followers.

And why not wait till the full facts are out before you start targeting parades, and talk of rerouting them?

Brilliantly constructed letter mate ;)

Dear Susan.

This post merits going nationally you have put it in such a way no one can find fault with your analysis well done again.

Dear Susan.

class:) I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply but nice one mate

Got to agree the points made are good.

As others have indicated though, the way it is constructed, the manner in which it is written etc leaves a lot to be desired.

You should have posted it on here before being sent to allow others to proof read and amend before sending.

Kudos for the efforts though OP.

Interested to know why would you think that?

The letter may cover pertinent issues but it's rambles and postures at the same time talking bout junkies, muslims, beheadings, and Republican flutebands.

Tbh, you can't write to someone demanding facts when you have no facts either.

I just think it makes a very important point of principle mate. What he said is, to me, very true in this country.

A person was arrested and charged in relation to the alleged incident with the priest which I believe is the incident you are referring to. While its going through the courts you won’t get a response.

Have a brassneck for the OP looks like something a yahoo would type up to take the heat off the councillors who tried to shaft Rangers and the support over the Fanzone.

Got to agree the points made are good.

As others have indicated though, the way it is constructed, the manner in which it is written etc leaves a lot to be desired.

You should have posted it on here before being sent to allow others to proof read and amend before sending.

Kudos for the efforts though OP.
Was never good at English at school, and it shows here obviously by the way i write, but that shouldn't stop me outing haters of all things Unionist.

A person was arrested and charged in relation to the alleged incident with the priest which I believe is the incident you are referring to. While its going through the courts you won’t get a response.
At the time i wrote this, no one had been arrested, and i believe she jumped on the i hate all things Unionist theme, as she had said she was going ban parades going past Chapels, if the O.O. didn't do it them selves.

It covers the main issues of what the OP seems to want to, but it rambles and postures throughout and will unlikely be answered, IMO.

OK mate. I don’t know any better than you. I just think the principle of pointing out that behaviour by one or two OO people or supporters shouldn’t be used to categorise them all in a certain way.
I thought the OP Got that point in very well with his examples that we have all seen or heard in the media in recent years.
But each man to his own. That’s why we’re on the forum after all :(

Dear Susan.

Only one thing you’ve to remember it’s going too, ONE OF THEM, she might have to get someone to read it for her as it’s an intelligent letter?

OK mate. I don’t know any better than you. I just think the principle of pointing out that behaviour by one or two OO people or supporters shouldn’t be used to categorise them all in a certain way.
I thought the OP Got that point in very well with his examples that we have all seen or heard in the media in recent years.
But each man to his own. That’s why we’re on the forum after all :(

We know no better than each other, it's purely a difference of opinion on the letter.

I agree with your/his point, you can't tar everyone with the same brush which is a bona fide fact.

It's a green ink letter.

I genuinely hope it didn't jump straight into 'have you evidence of the priest been spat on?' with no introduction, build up to your point, reference to comment being challenged, etc.

"Dear Susan" - she's not your friend. She's an arsehole but she should be addressed appropriately.

The core point may be correct but the construction around it is a shambles and will render it ignored.

Those that are having a go at the letter are missing the point spectacularly?

So any one in Aitkens position can ignore complaints, letters, correspondence etc on the grounds of poor grammar, spelling and layout?

What are you on about, what point is being missed exactly from the letter?

We know no better than each other, it's purely a difference of opinion on the letter.

I agree with your/his point, you can't tar everyone with the same brush which is a bona fide fact.

It’s good that at least we aren’t just sitting back & accepting the treatment of our club and our community any more. There are so many examples in recent months of people saying enough is enough & im personally really happy to see that. Cheers.

I think he is suggesting that elected politicians should address the concerns of the public, regardless of their grammatical abilities.

Maybe they should, but I'd be surprised if anyone would respond to a letter like what the OP has written if he's sent it.

Have a brassneck for the OP looks like something a yahoo would type up to take the heat off the councillors who tried to shaft Rangers and the support over the Fanzone.
Away and bile yir heid ya rocket comparing me to a yahoo, i'm taking eff all heat of her, i'm stating what i believe is she was quick of the mark to state she would ban O.O. parades passing chapels, and seems strange she also stops a Rangers fan zone.

And why not wait till the full facts are out before you start targeting parades, and talk of rerouting them?This is my point.

I know, I got the point of your letter. I'm giving my opinion that you won't get a reply due to the rest of it.

Those that are having a go at the letter are missing the point spectacularly?

So any one in Aitkens position can ignore complaints, letters, correspondence etc on the grounds of poor grammar, spelling and layout?
Exactly, OP has made a great effort for which he should be applauded.

We are being attacked like no other community and we want to argue about how the ones taking the time to fight our corner are doing it.

It's no wonder we have been shafted over the years.

Yes, I did. But what point is it that I am missing of the letter?

I never said you were missing the point of the letter.

You said you were not surprised she never replied to the letter, it’s patently obvious what you were meaning.

My point was, regardless of what was written, she should still reply.

I never said you were missing the point of the letter.

You said you were not surprised she never replied to the letter, it’s patently obvious what you were meaning.

My point was, regardless of what was written, she should still reply.

Your post didn't appear that way, but I will stand corrected.

Regardless, I stand by that she likely won't respond to the letter. Time will tell.

Got to love the way folk on here jump on the post and pick faults in the way OP has constucted letter etc.I couldn't construct a letter properly in the manner that people are alluding to.Instead of attacking the post maybe some of the better educated people could send something that would lead to Susan Aitken being compelled to answer

Got to love the way folk on here jump on the post and pick faults in the way OP has constucted letter etc.I couldn't construct a letter properly in the manner that people are alluding to.Instead of attacking the post maybe some of the better educated people could send something that would lead to Susan Aitken being compelled to answer
Thanks for that Robocop, very much appreciated, Much better than the clown saying i'm acting like a yahoo

Back