Khan withdraws Wembley bid

In other words they were wanting concessions from him which didn't suit.

He will be back when they drop them and he is clear to take over completely, including the club wembley hospitality rights.

£600m for a stadium that size, in London, seems a bit low ball for me.

I’m confused, are you saying that the FA were asking for too much or that Khan didn’t offer enough?

I’m confused, are you saying that the FA were asking for too much or that Khan didn’t offer enough?

Im guessing , but I reckon during negotiations the guys who were against it were wanting assurances/deals for certain things that would make the FA money and he has walked away.

I think in the grand scheme of things, £600m is very very low for that stadium, in that city.

The land alone will be worth £250-300m I reckon.

I read that Khan would market Wembley correctly and make a fortune showing what you can do if you know what you're doing.
Wembley was privately owned for 90+ years.

In other words they were wanting concessions from him which didn't suit.

He will be back when they drop them and he is clear to take over completely, including the club wembley hospitality rights.

£600m for a stadium that size, in London, seems a bit low ball for me.

especially when its cost £789 million (over a billion in todays money!)

It’s interesting that he was willing to buy Wembley - he’s widely thought to be the owner most likely to move his NFL team to London.

However, Spurs stadium is being built to accommodate NFL games the same weekend as EPL games, so why buying Wembley was necessary, I don’t know. The NFL even helped to fund Spurs stadium.

I think he wants to move the Jaguars to London, which would mean England would have to play qualifiers between September and January elsewhere.

Im guessing , but I reckon during negotiations the guys who were against it were wanting assurances/deals for certain things that would make the FA money and he has walked away.

I think in the grand scheme of things, £600m is very very low for that stadium, in that city.

The land alone will be worth £250-300m I reckon.

And the rest. A foreign buyer who wanted to buy that land and develop housing would have to pay an astronomical amount

It’s interesting that he was willing to buy Wembley - he’s widely thought to be the owner most likely to move his NFL team to London.

However, Spurs stadium is being built to accommodate NFL games the same weekend as EPL games, so why buying Wembley was necessary, I don’t know. The NFL even helped to fund Spurs stadium.

He's the owner of the jaguars. Big rumours they will move to Britain so Wembley will be their home stadium

He's the owner of the jaguars. Big rumours they will move to Britain so Wembley will be their home stadium
Not if he doesn’t own it.

I see reports saying Daniel Levy was the main opponent to selling Wembley, so I’m guessing this is his way of trying to force Khan to go to him and use his stadium.

Yes but it's to make Wembley the Jags permanent home. Part of the agreement for WHL funding was to holding a game there for a certain number of years (8 games in 5 years is ringing a bell) to allow them to increase it to 5 London games a year. If they move the Jags to Wembley then it isn't necessary but instead they would probably cram the WHL games in for the next 3 year's before the permanent move.

Not if he doesn’t own it.

I see reports saying Daniel Levy was the main opponent to selling Wembley, so I’m guessing this is his way of trying to force Khan to go to him and use his stadium.
A bit rich when his side have been enjoying the benefits of playing at Wembley for a couple of years, benefits they should not have had.

Khan’s influential position as one of the NFL’s owners could see him effectively kick them into touch.

A bit rich when his side have been enjoying the benefits of playing at Wembley for a couple of years, benefits they should not have had.

Khan’s influential position as one of the NFL’s owners could see him effectively kick them into touch.
Thing is, Khan might not be the only owner looking to move. The Chargers are in bother in LA and might look for a way out.

Yes but it's to make Wembley the Jags permanent home. Part of the agreement for WHL funding was to holding a game there for a certain number of years (8 games in 5 years is ringing a bell) to allow them to increase it to 5 London games a year. If they move the Jags to Wembley then it isn't necessary but instead they would probably cram the WHL games in for the next 3 year's before the permanent move.

The agreement is 2 games a year for 10 years.

They’re all ultra-capitalists, it would take something very underhand to do that.
It depends on what conversations have gone on behind the scenes. Clearly buying Wembley was seen as a key milestone to a franchise (Jacksonville) moving here. If a no-mark like Levy, in the grand scheme of things, has been an obstacle here, it will not be a good thing for Tottenham. He’s a greedy opportunist wank. The NFL owners won’t let a fly in the ointment like him stand in their way.

Let’s not forget, his shitey club have already let the NFL down by not being able to get their stadium ready in time, despite being afforded every advantage going by the FA and Premier League.

Back