Lewis Macleod

Absolutely. People wanting Steven Davis to come back? This boy is the next Steven Davis. Every time I have seen him, he has been a solid 7 out of 10. Very consistent performer and that's exactly what you want in the middle of the park.

I have seen him a couple of times this season and he was genuinely fantastic i would personally love to get him back he was a real highlight in a shit time for us and we lost a great prospect for peanuts because of crooks to get him back when we are both back on the rise would be poetic and as pointed out above reminds me of a young Davis i always liked the fact he had a goal in him as well .

Pretty sure he captained Brentford recently.

I was gutted when he left, he was literally our only bright light during those dark days. When he played well, the team played well.

Obviously the injuries would have to be fully checked out first.

Not saying he can’t pkay but the level we require now I don’t think he’s good enough,

And I’m going to call out guys who say they watch him regular as bull sh^t as Brentford are never on tele
So, posters aren’t entitled to an opinion because his team aren’t on TV but you, obviously in the exact same state of ignorance as them, are?
And based on your opinion, and I’d say a tiny minority opinion at that time, of four years ago he’s not good enough now?
That’s your considered opinion?
You should ‘vamos’ to prevent you embarrassing yourself any further.

It would be fairytale stuff if he returned home, stayed injury free and lifted the league title with us.

That would be beautiful.

I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Haven't seen enough of him over the last 12/18 months to make comment as to Yes or No.

At the end of the day I trust any decision made by SG/MA on Lewis.

I could see a scenario where we get Steven Davis on loan in January until the end of the season, and also signing Lewis on a pre-contract in Jan and he joins us for next season replacing Davis.

Some points to consider:
* Lewis has played in the majority of matches for Brentford this season, so hopefully is over his injury problems.
* The Brentford fans rate him, so he must have been playing reasonably well.
* The English Championship is at a similar or higher level of football when compared to the Scottish premier.
* He has thrived as a young man playing in front of 50 000 supporters, so would have no difficulty in pulling on the blue jersey.
* We lose Ejario at the end of the season.
* There is no transfer fee.

Absolute no brainer for me. Mon home son.

If he's rejecting a deal at Brentford there is no chance he will be coming back up here to play for any team other than us.

If Gerrard wants him i'm sure dialogue would have been made to make him aware of our interest.

He's a hard one to gauge as he was young when he left us and playing at a lower level, i did rate the boy highly (much more than i ever did McKay) but his injury record is also a concern.

I would be willing to take a punt on him though.

So, posters aren’t entitled to an opinion because his team aren’t on TV but you, obviously in the exact same state of ignorance as them, are?
And based on your opinion, and I’d say a tiny minority opinion at that time, of four years ago he’s not good enough now?
That’s your considered opinion?
You should ‘vamos’ to prevent you embarrassing yourself any further.
Never once stated in any post that posters ain’t allowed an opinion.

He might be a decent player but I don’t think he’s a player we require as we have plenty of midfield options.

As for “embarrassing” myself.....LOL

Never once stated in any post that posters ain’t allowed an opinion.

He might be a decent player but I don’t think he’s a player we require as we have plenty of midfield options.

As for “embarrassing” myself.....LOL
How would you know? You haven't seen him play.

Thats the point.

Id rather we went for Glen kamara of Dundee who's contract will also be up

Good young player SG. I have to say I’ve not watched him with the same focus as we do when he’s a genuine target.
Also, Glen is a deep lying guy so are we saying we need him & Coulibaly or that he would replace Coulibaly ?
I regard Lewis as a left sided box to box midfielder from my memory of him.

I’d like him if he was over his injury woes

Talented player an if he’s playing week in week out down south at that level
He’s operating at a good level

Understand people want better

But he’d come with a point to prove an I like those types of signings
Don’t always work I just like them

It’s actually a no-brainer and it’d be stupid not to sign him imo.

No fee, relatively low wages and would be a long term replacement for Dorrans.

Assuming we can maintain European football, signings like this are what improves the overall quality of the squad

It’s actually a no-brainer and it’d be stupid not to sign him imo.

No fee, relatively low wages and would be a long term replacement for Dorrans.

Assuming we can maintain European football, signings like this are what improves the overall quality of the squad

He had much more energy & pace than GD, if maybe not quite his touch.

Have him back in a heartbeat. Admittedly he has had a lot of injury problems but this lad can play the beautiful game of that there is no doubt imho.

A very good free transfer.

C

coulibally signed permanently is a priority, he can be one of our monsters for years to come!

I'd like Coulibaly to sign but a) he'll cost three to four million and b) he'd be looking for more than young Lewis. Not saying we shouldn't sign LC but I don't think it should stop us bringing LMcL in if it's on favourable terms. I think he could be young Steve Davis for us.

I'd like Coulibaly to sign but a) he'll cost three to four million and b) he'd be looking for more than young Lewis. Not saying we shouldn't sign LC but I don't think it should stop us bringing LMcL in if it's on favourable terms. I think he could be young Steve Davis for us.

You reckon he'd cost that much? His transfer from Bastia to Angers was reported as around 2m Euros (£1.8m) and after featuring regularly in their first few games he more or less disappeared. I think it reasonable to conclude the transfer didn't work out.

They will be looking to recoup most of their money but, on the other hand, need to accept that he 'failed' at Angers. Hopefully we made that point at the time of the loan and agreed a potential fee should we choose to make it permanent. If so, I'd expect that fee to have been agreed at a figure below £1.8m. If we didn't set a potential fee and he goes on to have a great season with us …...:(

Deary me...three pages?

I honestly have no idea what her he’s good enough or not - same as 99% of my fellow posters.

I’ll put my faith in Mr Gerrard to do the right thing one way or another.

You reckon he'd cost that much? His transfer from Bastia to Angers was reported as around 2m Euros (£1.8m) and after featuring regularly in their first few games he more or less disappeared. I think it reasonable to conclude the transfer didn't work out.

They will be looking to recoup most of their money but, on the other hand, need to accept that he 'failed' at Angers. Hopefully we made that point at the time of the loan and agreed a potential fee should we choose to make it permanent. If so, I'd expect that fee to have been agreed at a figure below £1.8m. If we didn't set a potential fee and he goes on to have a great season with us …...:(

The figure I quoted was from here, VB. I don't have any other sources as I don't buy or read the comics. Less than two would be terrific, though. However, irrespective of Coulibaly's future I'd still like to see us taking a good look at bringing MacLeod back, as I said, I see similarities to Davis.

The figure I quoted was from here, VB. I don't have any other sources as I don't buy or read the comics. Less than two would be terrific, though. However, irrespective of Coulibaly's future I'd still like to see us taking a good look at bringing MacLeod back, as I said, I see similarities to Davis.

Just to be sure I checked the French media for his transfer fee when joining Angers rather than our 'esteemed' Scottish hacks. I'd be disappointed if we haven't agreed a set fee under £2m. If we still want him come May 19.

Can't comment on Lewis as I've seen nothing of him for over a year. I'm sure the Club will be well aware of his situation and the name will have been discussed around Auchenhowie. After that its up to Gerrard and Allen whether they choose to pursue it. They will know a damned sight more about his current form - and future potential - than anyone on here. As with Davis, I'm hoping we can do better.

I must admit VB, I read 4m euro on here, so that’s consistent with Commentator. It did seem a bit pricey, but at the moment I’d still consider it if we could afford it. 2m would be a no brainer for me.

I think the issues are separate anyway as I think Lewis is more box to box on the left than deep lying or right central.

We need to improve midfield & im happy looking at a 24yo Lewis for free or a Ivanusec for 2m.

A couple of our group could be released as we need to set our benchmark as beating the tims & midfield needs progress on this basis imo.

Back