2011 - 2012: Played: 12, GF: 25, GA: 4, GD: 21, Points: 32
2010 - 2011:
Played: 12, GF: 29, GA: 13, GD: 16, Points: 31
2009 - 2010: Played: 12, GF: 20, GA: 8, GD: 12, Points: 25
2008 - 2009: Played: 12, GF: 30, GA: 10, GD: 20, Points: 29
2007 - 2008: Played: 12, GF: 30, GA 11, GD: 19, Points: 25
2006 - 2007: Played: 12, GF: 19, GA: 14, GD: 5, Points: 19
2005 - 2006: Played: 12, GF: 19, GA: 12, GD: 7, Points: 21

Was surprised to see this is our highest scoring season for a good while so far.

Last edited:
2018 - 2019: Played: 12, GF: 32, GA: 11, GD: 21, Points: 24
2017 - 2018: Played: 12, GF: 27, GA: 12 , GD: 15, Points: 24
2016 - 2017: Played: 12, GF: 16, GA: 13, GD: 3, Points: 20
2010 - 2011:

Was surprised to see this is our highest scoring season for a good while so far.

Great post.

2018 - 2019: Played: 12, GF: 32, GA: 11, GD: 21, Points: 24
2017 - 2018: Played: 12, GF: 27, GA: 12 , GD: 15, Points: 24
2016 - 2017: Played: 12, GF: 16, GA: 13, GD: 3, Points: 20
2010 - 2011:

Shocked me to be fair look at that defensive record under McCoist:eek:

So we are maybe a win or win and a draw away from what would have been in the upper tier of our best starts.

And in the running in Europe.

But it's all a disaster is it not?

What about that Sadiq guy, where is he on the table eh?!

Sheep aside, and that was not good, it's been a competent start at least for Gerrard...

I had forgotten how good a start we made under McCoist in 2011.
Only conceded 4 goals and 2 of them were in the 4-2 win over the mentally challengeds.
That season collapsed the day they came back to draw with Killie then we conceded an injury time equaliser at home to St Mirren that same day.
Obviously the players knew the shit was about to hit the fan too.

Bearing in mind that Gerrard was left an absolute disgrace of a squad, and basically had to start from scratch in one window, I think Gerrard and Allen have done a truly remarkable job moulding this squad together in such a short time.

I don't think any of us will ever forget, not as long we live, the shameful feeling of coming out of OF games and feeling relieved that we had only lost by 2 or 3.

So, having the possibility so soon into his reign to go top after 14 games, albeit perhaps only briefly, is huge progress. Of course, that's a big if. We need to beat Livi and then win at Tynecastle. However, that's what we have to aim for. Only when we start putting runs of big wins together will we be truly back.

Whenever Stevie G took the job and did the 'letsgo' presser, the Scottish Meidja choose a narrative to concentrate on an U18 coach, who had no chance of catching the greatest team in Scottish history [sic]. They had no interest in attempting to measure Timmy's demise. Warbuton's team was 39 points away from them. Pedro/Murty finished 10 points away. At the same stage last year, Timmy was on 31 points. They are 5 points worse off this season already. That is the main story in these stats. The hope is, our team continue to gel and improve. Europe has shown we are capable. The true test will come on the last day of the year. Proving to themselves, us the fans and the Scottish Meidja that we can compete and beat these fekkerz, will galvanize us and hasten their continued drop.

#letsgo

FBS

Posted the other day - Advocaat's treble winning season is an identical start to this season league wise.

7 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

People forget we started that season slowly and scraped by in some games

Lost at Tynecastle (admittedly after playing them off the park)
Last minute penalty winner v Motherwell
A boring 0-0 draw at Tannadice v a struggling Dundee Utd
Late equaliser up at Pittodrie
A tepid 0-0 draw against an injury hit Tim team
Albertz thunderbolt with about 5 minutes to go v Dundee to win it.
A poor 1-0 defeat at Fir Park in midweek late October
Amoruso winner in the last 5 minutes to win it against Dundee Utd at Ibrox.

Europe was identical. Earning respectability whilst making welcomes progress after some utter humiliations under prevous manager

Advocaat did makee it to the Cup Final but the luck of the draw (or masons) saw that we only faced lower league teams in reaching the final - Alloa, Ayr and Airdrie.

Posted the other day - Advocaat's treble winning season is an identical start to this season league wise.

7 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

People forget we started that season slowly and scraped by in some games

Lost at Tynecastle (admittedly after playing them off the park)
Last minute penalty winner v Motherwell
A boring 0-0 draw at Tannadice v a struggling Dundee Utd
Late equaliser up at Pittodrie
A tepid 0-0 draw against an injury hit Tim team
Albertz thunderbolt with about 5 minutes to go v Dundee to win it.
A poor 1-0 defeat at Fir Park in midweek late October
Amoruso winner in the last 5 minutes to win it against Dundee Utd at Ibrox.

Europe was identical. Earning respectability whilst making welcomes progress after some utter humiliations under prevous manager

Advocaat did makee it to the Cup Final but the luck of the draw (or masons) saw that we only faced lower league teams in reaching the final - Alloa, Ayr and Airdrie.

Can we go on the same run in the league now, but avoid going down to ten men on boxing day with 40 mins left :eek:

If we are 2 points behind them at the end of January having drawn at Ibrox we will win the league.

They won't strengthen, we will improve.
Enough for me.

Can we go on the same run in the league now, but avoid going down to ten men on boxing day with 40 mins left :eek:

Wait until we do the same as when we dropped 5 points in back to back games late November/December that season with a 5-1 spanking at the Piggery and a 1-1 draw at home to a team who were about to be relegated...

I haven't forgotten how abysmal we were under Le Guen in 2006.
A continuation ofthe league form from the previous, we were strolling it until this point.
But we must take heart from these stats, great post OP!

If Kilmarnock had held on and beat Timmy, Lennon was gone and even with points deduction you never know. There was also McCulloch red card at Paisley and losing after being leading.

The deduction and admin deflated the whole thing but thar was to be expected i guess.

Did you also forget PLG took over a team that had just finished third in a two horse race the previous season and spent ÂŁ3million, did Advocaat not spend something like ÂŁ32million in one season about 5 years previous. Incidentally we were undefeated in Europe under PLG.

McCoist took over a team that had just won the league, league cup got to group stages of the Champions League, last 16 of the Europa League, he took a team of winners and quickly put his stamp on the team and turned them into losers. He had us out of one Euro tournament in July, then out the second chance at the first qualifier too.

Did you also forget PLG took over a team that had just finished third in a two horse race the previous season and spent ÂŁ3million, did Advocaat not spend something like ÂŁ32million in one season about 5 years previous. Incidentally we were undefeated in Europe under PLG.

McCoist took over a team that had just won the league, league cup got to group stages of the Champions League, last 16 of the Europa League, he took a team of winners and quickly put his stamp on the team and turned them into losers. He had us out of one Euro tournament in July, then out the second chance at the first qualifier too.

There are still some who think we should have stuck with Le Guen.

I'll never be one of them.

It's interesting to look at comparisons but tbh every league season is different.

It can be more competitive, the fixtures can fall for you or against you, you may or may not have games in Europe to contend with.

There have been years we've won the league with a points total that wouldn't have won it other years.

It's interesting to look at comparisons but tbh every league season is different.

It can be more competitive, the fixtures can fall for you or against you, you may or may not have games in Europe to contend with.

There have been years we've won the league with a points total that wouldn't have won it other years.

And when it's a two horse race you can't afford to drop many points, but in a season like this, where there's a few teams capable of beating anyone, you don't need so many.

Problem for PLG, Pedro, and also the rest of our managers, we don't play football in Scotland.
The game here is far from anything seen on any other part of the globe.
A complete joke.
Bigger and stronger is better.
The further you can hoof it, the bigger the wage.
The bigger the bruiser and more a striker can take in a wrestling match with a defender, the more chance of a start.

Good point. Interesting thread from the OP tho. In general i find the constant grasping of stats on here to defend/knock our record this season a bit pointless. Most of the time it's just a one eyed attempt to defend Gerrard simply for the sake of defending him -when he isnt even really getting criticised. Then after a bad result people throw the toys out the pram and and start going on about the record being equal to Caixinha's - another irrelevant debate.

Forgot how depressing that start under warburton was.

16 goals in 12 games!!!

Dismal. We beat Killie 3-0 at Ibrox around this time in the league and im sure it was only occasion we managed to score more than 2 in a game, certainly under Warburton till he high tailed it to Forest.

Caixinha's first game was 4-0 v Accies.

If we are 2 points behind them at the end of January having drawn at Ibrox we will win the league.

They won't strengthen, we will improve.
Enough for me.
Disagree with this. They wil buy in January no matter what but if we were to beat them on 29 they will go mental in January.
I just hope we can put the pressure on between now and then and get the job done on 29thto go into the break on a bigh

Disagree with this. They wil buy in January no matter what but if we were to beat them on 29 they will go mental in January.
I just hope we can put the pressure on between now and then and get the job done on 29thto go into the break on a bigh
I think if we were 3 or 4 ahead instead of 2 or 3 behind.
Their spend could change by a good 5 million.
As I say, (not very clearly) above, our team will continue to gel plus an addition or 2 will strengthen us.

If Kilmarnock had held on and beat Timmy, Lennon was gone and even with points deduction you never know. There was also McCulloch red card at Paisley and losing after being leading.

The deduction and admin deflated the whole thing but thar was to be expected i guess.
I think the boggiest problem we had was naismith getting injured. when he went out we crumbled.

The Tim's came back from 3-0 down at Kilmarnock to draw 3-3, we shat the bed and let an awful St Mirren side score a last minute equaliser. The entire thing fell away like a sandcastle at tide thereafter

Kayal should have been red carded before the break and they would never have come back.

I think the boggiest problem we had was naismith getting injured. when he went out we crumbled.

This was clearly the case for me too.

If we'd managed to keep Naismith fit, and had also added Aluko, I think we'd have still been in the hunt come the end of the season. Debatable whether we'd have signed Aluko or not though if Naismith hadn't got injured.

We are certainly knocking in the goals and our goal difference is the equal best over this period. If you look at 2010 then you may think we can challenge for the title.

Considering what he inherited I’d say Gerrard has had a more than decent start. There’s been mistakes made but with such a huge turnaround that was always going to be the case, I personally think it will be next season before we see the best of our current generation. That will be 3 transfer windows for the manager to properly shape our squad into what he wants.

The Tim's came back from 3-0 down at Kilmarnock to draw 3-3, we shat the bed and let an awful St Mirren side score a last minute equaliser. The entire thing fell away like a sandcastle at tide thereafter

Radio clyde were writing lennon’s obituary at half time that day. They were done with him.

The McCoist start was a strange one. An underwhelming draw at home to Hearts, papped out of Europe then we went on a great run. Naismith was superb. Wheels came off big time around this time of year I think?

I remember that St Mirren game, absolutey shocking.

11/12 is up there with 07/08 in terms of most frustating watch Rangers.

07/08's issues we all know how that went of course - don't know how that tour of Japan went anyway....

However 11/12, we had made a decent start (Europe and LC aside) despite an opening day blip against Hearts. Jelavic and Naismith struck up a great partnership and we scudded the scum 4-2 going on 6 at Ibrox. They were in turmoil and TLB was 45 minutes from the sack. We were well on course for 4IAR. We drew with St Midden after the scum salvaged a point at rugby park earlier that day - from there things started to falter. Admin just finished us as far as the title was concerned. A real "what could have been" season but undone by off the field shite

It has been a decent start. However I think the fact they have dropped more points makes people look on it more kindly. If we were 7/8 points behind in addition to not being any better off points wise I dont think people would be as pleased.

Probably the most raging I've ever left a game and I've seen us take some sore ones in much bigger games.

Was pretty much the last kick as well IIRC

We had the ball in the corner and made an arse of it and they went up and scored.

They also beat us 2-1 on Christmas Eve after we'd taken the lead. Then we got beat at the Piggery before New Year.

It has been a decent start. However I think the fact they have dropped more points makes people look on it more kindly. If we were 7/8 points behind in addition to not being any better off points wise I dont think people would be as pleased.
To be fair I also think the league this year is stronger overall than last years so to get 24 points again at this stage is not bad going especially with the heavier schedule that we've had.

Yeah good point mate is a strong league this year.
Killie have been under Clark for all the 12 games while they started terribly last season. Already got 4 points from games against us or them.

Livingston replacing Thistle and doing fairly well. Also got 4 points from a possible 9 against us or them.

Other teams like Hearts also doing well.

Back