Vienna Away - Info and Updates in this thread

Before the Villarreal game, 2/3rds of TC members were on 0 points.
That was about the time they re-opened the TC to a number of new members who now probably flying official, thus disadvantaging those folk who had travelled to some or all of the 4 qualifying games

Disgrace people on 0 points getting tickets before people with points travelling independently. No point having the points system of that is the case. Should just be a ballot. Be ragging if I don’t get a ticket and people’s first trip have got them before me

That was about the time they re-opened the TC to a number of new members who now probably flying official, thus disadvantaging those folk who had travelled to some or all of the 4 qualifying games

Under 1000 people were on above 2 points, so anyone on 4 points should be garunteed a ticket I would have thought.

One thing that frustrates me, why can't they publish a PDF version of a 'points table' a week / fortnight after an away game?

Example.

13 points - 22 members
12 points - 30 members
1 point - 1500 members
0 points - 2000 members

It would be really simple to do and would help ease the minds (or not) of a lot of fans.

I'm in the TC and traveling indy for first ever away european game - I'm resigned to not getting a ticket from the club and hope to pick one up out there for anywhere in the stadium. Completely understand the frustration of supporters who may lose out with TC point's over others with 0 on the charter flights

This thread spikes and deflates my excitement every 20 mins. Not long ago a guy was saying he'd got it from the TO that everyone on 1 point was getting one and people on 0 had a chance at the remaining tickets.

Now someone is saying they have 5 points and they are nervous!

Also the TO won't let us know for a few days (IMHO) if they have recieved the amount today they'll be divvying them up amongst the staff/ F&F first. They'll have a deadline then they'll know the number to ballot.

I’m on 5 points, I’d be amazed if that wasn’t enough to secure a ticket.

The day trip flights have always been the same. Rangers will make money from fans who are paying top dollar for the one day flight. Leave at the crack of dawn and return straight after the game.
It’s pretty shite if folk on 2 points miss out on tickets while people on zero get one but I can’t see this changing. Although I think 2 points will definately get a ticket.Money to be made for the club and travel partner. Everybody, including myself, has been banging on for years about buying from the club and this is what happens here with the day trip.
I’d rather do the 2 or 3 days away trip but no holidays left so had to pay the £300 for the day trip for the first time.

I’m on 5 points, I’d be amazed if that wasn’t enough to secure a ticket.
TBH mate, I always freak out about this as so many people are talking big about going. I have booked accom and flights. Only on 1 point but I think the poster earlier saying there will be people on 0 with a chance in a small ballot will be right.

When you think about 1,300 tickets getting divvyed up there will be large numbers who have more points than me who haven't applied, people who have applied just on the off chance of getting a point without a ticket, those who have applied but have decided against going due to Christmas etc, lots on here that you hear talking aren't even on the TC and there are a surprising amount still on 0 points. (2/3rds of the TC Pre Villareal and only 700 went to Moscow and I'd be very surprised if that wasn't seasoned travellers in the vast majority)

I'm nervous but very hopeful 1 point might actually be enough. 2 or more are absolutely fine (I'd imagine).

One thing that frustrates me, why can't they publish a PDF version of a 'points table' a week / fortnight after an away game?

Example.

13 points - 22 members
12 points - 30 members
1 point - 1500 members
0 points - 2000 members

It would be really simple to do and would help ease the minds (or not) of a lot of fans.

That sounds far to simple for them to produce, don't be silly. The SLO could easily find out the information and let everyone know.

I was so certain they'd make an @rse of this I emailed them to confirm that they had my registration.

Thankfully they did.

I was only on 1 point so wasn't expecting anything. Surprised it's as high as 3 considering 2/3 of the travel club were on 0 for the Villareal game.

Disgrace people on 0 points getting tickets before people with points travelling independently. No point having the points system of that is the case. Should just be a ballot. Be ragging if I don’t get a ticket and people’s first trip have got them before me

Remember the travel club was opened up after Ufa meaning people were queue jumping ahead of those who joined pre qualifers .

Was about to fly into a rant about this system but won't bother...

All I'll say is there is NO WAY that there are 1,300 people on the TC with 3+ points. Especially given the numbers given before the GS of 2/3 of the TC being on 0 points.

Players, staff and corporate all get tickets from the allocation as well. Probably less than 1000 will go to independent.

It could be a mistake, but there's an option for special delivery so tickets might not have be collected in Vienna.

Players, staff and corporate all get tickets from the allocation as well. Probably less than 1000 will go to independent.
(who all have 0 points)

Complete joke. What's the point in running a 'loyalty scheme' when if you have enough cash to pay for corporate you can jump to the front of the queue when it suits or if you can justify paying for the TC flight for 1 day?

(who all have 0 points)

Complete joke. What's the point in running a 'loyalty scheme' when if you have enough cash to pay for corporate you can jump to the front of the queue when it suits or if you can justify paying for the TC flight for 1 day?

What about those with seasonal hospitality who travel to every euro away regardless of where it is? They get tickets through corporate and are more than deserving.

I'm on 3 points and it's giving me the option to purchase at £25 per ticket. No email from the travel club yet though.

Back