Claudio Reyna- Sad Story

Heartbreaking.

Am I mistaken or was it Reyna taking the corner at paedodome and being mocked by the airplane gestures, a few days after World Trade Centre nightmare?

Can't really add much to everything said above. I was raising money for a wee girl of 3 with the same form of cancer sadly she only saw one more birthday and was gone. Apart from the physical signs you wouldn't have know it with her cheery wee face and her amazing spirit. :(

Very sad read. Claudio was part of the greatest Rangers midfield in my lifetime, Reyna, Ferguson , Van Bronkhurst, Albertz/McCann
Our midfield was so good back then that Reyna was often deployed as full back (he was that good we had to shoehorn him in)....without dissent or a grumble. True professional and a class act!

Class act Claudio Reyna, on & off the pitch.
Don't know how they got thru that. Hope their other 3 kids remain healthy & live great lives in Jack's memory. Sounds like Gio is going to be a superstar. Pity Claudio had not got him to the Gers, but Germany will help him fulfill his potential. Good luck to all of the Reynas.

Heartbreaking and inspiring in one read.
I hope the Reyna family find solace in the future.
All the best for your future career young man, I hope you make the grade in Germany.

Shades of his old man there in that clip in the middle of the article in terms of taking the ball back and his strides as he bears down on goal. Some layoff for the 1 2 as well...the boy looks like a real prospect.

Heartbreaking story and things we don't know in background with players.

Reyna was a great player for us and underrated at times. Family man and putting family 1st as it should be.

A lot of respect for them both how they dealt with this and the pain never goes away.

What a sad story.
No parent should ever have to lose a child. I don't think I would have been strong enough to carry on, if any my children had suffered like young Jack. RIP wee man.xx

Had to stop reading. Older I get and watch my own grow, stuff like this breaks me. Rest well young lad and respect to the family.

On Reyna, loved him for us. turned up every game, done his stuff, kept his head down and was a great Ranger.

Heartbreaking, hard to read when you have kids as I do. Just can’t even contemplate......

Must have been just a toddler when Reyna wheeled away after scoring the second against Parma, probably the most passionate celebration I can remember.

So sad and heartbreaking. Really can't imagine what they have been through, and hope I never have to.

A really tragic tale
The whole family shows bravery and courage in adversity - A class act are the Reyna's

Here's wishing them every success & we will all be looking out for Gio in future

On a different topic - Didn't Claudio's father play at international level for Argentina ?
Or am I thinking of someone else ? I can't seem to find anything on it using a quick search
I'll maybe try again later

Wow. Tough read.
My son kept me up last night as he's got the cold & couldn't stop coughing. You think that is bad until you hear something like this. I have no idea how on earth I would deal with what the Reyna's have gone through, absolutely incredible strength they have shown.

Back