Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix

Roswell is a bad lady's front bottom

When people make the point of “why should player x give up his 15k a week plus contact” they should consider the first reason - because the first thing it impacts is people on 18k a year

A bad bastard

Roswell is a bad lady's front bottom

When people make the point of “why should player x give up his 15k a week plus contact” they should consider the first reason - because the first thing it impacts is people on 18k a year

A bad bastard

There was a story the season before last where Bain was making ordinary members of staff at the club redundant to cut costs and yet was ok'ing an all expenses paid trip to New York for players and staff as a bonding exercise the same week.

The club cannot have it both ways. If Rodwell seeing out his contract means the club are sacking staff on £18k a year then someone somewhere has done his sums wrong.

There was a story the season before last where Bain was making ordinary members of staff at the club redundant to cut costs and yet was ok'ing an all expenses paid trip to New York for players and staff as a bonding exercise the same week.

The club cannot have it both ways. If Rodwell seeing out his contract means the club are sacking staff on £18k a year then someone somewhere has done his sums wrong.

Not when they sign him in the EPL and are facing relegation to League 1.....

Not when they sign him in the EPL and are facing relegation to League 1.....

Again, that's not just on the player though.

If the club haven't put in a wage cut clause due to relegation then that's on them.

My mate is a season ticket holder at Sunderland. I told him 2 years ago Bain would screw them big time, while making himself a fortune. Told him Sinclair would screw their academy..... thought I was just bitter because they were ex Rangers staff.....

Knows different now.

The past few years have been horrendously bad for Sunderland.....

They are like us, diehard fans who would do anything to see their club be successful..... again a club mismanaged from top to bottom by money men who put their ego before the club

Again, that's not just on the player though.

If the club haven't put in a wage cut clause due to relegation then that's on them.

Nope it isn’t just on the player the club have clearly made a mistake not having a clause it doesn’t stop the player being a total lady's front bottom when his actions are seriously impacting on club finance and livliehood though - more so when they are a total fucken rocket about like
Rodwell clearly was

As good as tv it sounds for outsiders what must it be like for a Sunderland fan? Wonder why the club allowed it to be made knowing it was going to be carnage.

It’s not good mate , year on year struggle then the amount of money squandered by several managers add to that fuckin Moyes , Grayson , Ellis short. And no money fornplayers , then skelped 0-5 by the bheasts in a friendly it looked bleak in august

Better than the Man City one by a mile. It's not even close.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and it's absolutely car crash viewing.

Watching Academy coach Jimmy Sinclair (aye, that one) get to dictate transfer policy to the first team manager as Martin Bain looks on has to be watched through the gaps in your fingers.

As for Bain, it's amazing just how smarmy, smug and throughly dislikeable he comes across even when he's trying to play the good guy routine and just how little responsibility he takes for the shitshow at the club.

Cannot recommend this highly enough.

Cheers for this.
Martin Bain fancies himself lol

Really enjoying this series.

It’s insane the success we had with Bain in charge of day to day. Walter was really the man.

The transfer target discussion with the scout in the second episode was complete cringe material

Episode 2, Baldy Bain looking through his black book of financial figures to sign players and make new deals.
He says, "I wish I could say it was more scientific than it looks,but it isn't" .

Yeah, maybe if it was we would have got another 4 seasons out of Arthur Numan, I'll never forgive that utter twat for how he handled that.
Numan openly admits he was set to sign the extension then Baldy showed up and offered him an 80% pay cut!
80 fucking percent cut!!!'
A cut for being a top player and playing in the champions league, Bain is a throbber!!!

Absolute car crash tv but it’s fantastic to watch.

They all talk a good game but results go against them over and over again, then you see the transfer policy meetings and you understand why.

The scouting team put together a list of players not knowing what the budgets were??? The assistant manager saying he wouldn’t sign a player because he was wearing gloves :D! And Bain and Sinclair dictating the transfer policy to the manager with Sinclair saying young players are cheaper but you have to hope they don’t embarrass the club too much :eek:.

I’m only through 3 episodes so far too, still a lot more doom and gloom to come haha.

Strange subtitles. Before the beggars game in the control room "our famous sweep of the CCTV" when the guys says final sweep!

Episode 2, Baldy Bain looking through his black book of financial figures to sign players and make new deals.
He says, "I wish I could say it was more scientific than it looks,but it isn't" .

Yeah, maybe if it was we would have got another 4 seasons out of Arthur Numan, I'll never forgive that utter twat for how he handled that.
Numan openly admits he was set to sign the extension then Baldy showed up and offered him an 80% pay cut!
80 fucking percent cut!!!'
A cut for being a top player and playing in the champions league, Bain is a throbber!!!

I’m sure it was even worse than that - Numan had already shaken hands with Bain on a deal only for the scumbag to backtrack.

A complete chancer of a man. Suspect he was behind this documentary so doubt he will be painted in too bad a light

Enjoying this series, currently on episode 2. Martin Bain is an absolutely throbber. What a lady's front bottom. I hate him.

Just finished episode 2 there.

Bain talking about financial management and not wanting to squander huge amounts of money on players genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Couldn’t mark that cunts neck with a blowtorch.

Compulsive viewing, a really good watch and a decent bit of comedy watching Martin Bain repeatedly attempt to justify his salary.

Warned the guys down there about Bain and to a lesser extent Sinclair (not realising just how much input he was going to have). Rodwell was just an example (costly one) of what was wrong with Sunderland, top to bottom. Could go on for ages the stories I’ve heard (from an impeccable inside source) of the car crash that existed under Short’s tenure.
Hopefully the new owners turn this around and get Sunderland back up to where the fans definitely belong (look at the championship, there’s a dozen clubs who reckon they belong in the top flight).
Off to see them today and enjoy the company of some very loyal fans where you’ll find a large proportion with more than a keen interest in Rangers :D

HA’WAY THE LADS !!

Finished it last night. I actually felt sorry for Bain for a second. What a shockingly run club. How could a club in the EPL era have debts as big as they did?

I felt bad for the mackems unlike Newcastle fans they are not expecting success they just want a team to get behind and enjoy.

Kinda got a Rangers during the banter years feeling watching it ugh imagine that being filmed!

Started watching last night expecting to be rubbish but it’s actually a really good and interesting watch....Martin Bain doesn’t half come across as an absolute bell end though!

I can’t nelieve I’m saying this but aids ridden mcgayday was correct in what he said about Coleman

““The instructions that he gave the wingers were to stay high and wide. I’d never played in a 4-3-3 before so I was a bit unsure of what to do when I didn’t have the ball. We have no chance of winning a game with that system – almost impossible to win it.”

High and wide wingers in a 433... worth saying our best performances are when Candieas and Kent are encouraged to a) track back to support the full backs and b) given license to cut inside. Our draws and defeats seem to come when the 433 is wingers playing high and wide...

Absolute car crash tv but it’s fantastic to watch.

They all talk a good game but results go against them over and over again, then you see the transfer policy meetings and you understand why.

The scouting team put together a list of players not knowing what the budgets were??? The assistant manager saying he wouldn’t sign a player because he was wearing gloves :D! And Bain and Sinclair dictating the transfer policy to the manager with Sinclair saying young players are cheaper but you have to hope they don’t embarrass the club too much :eek:.

I’m only through 3 episodes so far too, still a lot more doom and gloom to come haha.
Wasn't a goalkeeper, was it?

Back