BDO Latest Report

Over my head stuff. but, IF there is at least one claim against Rangers for abuse, would that be in BDO reports.

So reading that HMRC have had to reduce the tax demand by £26m.

They have for the most part removed their claim to penalties. They are now claiming just over £68m, in tax and interest.

We are pleased to advise that the Panel has recently agreed with our submission in its entirety, and the element of HMRC’s claim pertaining to penalties has now been withdrawn in full.

HMRC also acknowledged that a further small element of their claim had been overstated and it has now submitted a revised claim of £68.3m (ie a reduction of c£26m in total).

They have for the most part removed their claim to penalties. They are now claiming just over £68m, in tax and interest.

We are pleased to advise that the Panel has recently agreed with our submission in its entirety, and the element of HMRC’s claim pertaining to penalties has now been withdrawn in full.

HMRC also acknowledged that a further small element of their claim had been overstated and it has now submitted a revised claim of £68.3m (ie a reduction of c£26m in total).

I'm sure it says the panel is considering a further reduction, when you think that we received 20 odd million back from Collywer Bristow the total owed doesn't half seem a long way off the 94m we were initially saddled with.

They are considering whether the tax should have been calculated based on "grossing up" or not. If it agreed that was incorrect then the tax and interest figures will both be reduced.

It looks like they are going to settle out of court in the Wavetower claim. I hope that wee c*nt Whyte doesn't get any of it, although I fear he will.

Precisely. The HMRC claim has been reduced by £26m. That’s a pretty significant ‘error’ they made there when you consider that the ‘actual’ Big Tax Case debt was, if I recall correctly, around £24m and it was only the penalties and interest being added that took it into ‘unmanageable’ territory and, effectively, led to admin.

The other point of note is that there appears to be a suggestion they may reach an agreement with the company that ‘bought over’ the Wavetower claim. That is less welcome news,especially if Whyte is involved somewhere along the line still.

It has been used by selic fans, the guy who claims he was abused by neely and was told to go to the liquidators by Rangers.

His lawyers wrote to our lawyers and were told by our lawyers that any financial claim has to go to the liquidators of the old company. That is the correct legal position (which you would expect lawyers to put forward).

His lawyers wrote to our lawyers and were told by our lawyers that any financial claim has to go to the liquidators of the old company. That is the correct legal position (which you would expect lawyers to put forward).
Yes but would it show up in BDO reports, IF a claim was made, it would shut the beasts up if there is no claim.

Back