Leeann Dempster joins forces with Rangers to demand SFA reform

jaws73

Official Ticketer
The Hibs chief executive isn't happy after Darnell Johnson was banned while others went unpunished.

Leeann Dempster has joined forces with Rangers and demanded a reform of the controversial SFA compliance system.

The Hibs chief executive is livid after Darnell Johnson was banned for two matches for a tackle on Emilio Izaguirre, while Celtic stars Scott Brown and Jozo Simunovic went unpunished.

Compliance officer Clare Whyte is bearing the brunt of fan frustration, with an online petition calling for her resignation attracting more than 10,000 signatures.

But Dempster says it’s the system that needs overhauled and claims fan power and ‘Trial by Sportscene’ are carrying too much sway.

She is now set to lobby rival clubs and the SFA for change, echoing the call from Ibrox in the aftermath of the decision to dismiss their appeal on a ban for keeper Allan McGregor.

"I don’t want to re-referee games. But if you’re going to do it it has to be done in a fairer way because I don’t think it is at the minute. If you’re going to re-referee a game, re-referee the whole game – not just a part of it.

“My understanding is a complaint was made and that’s why it was brought to the attention of the compliance officer. Who made the complaint is never disclosed but it can be anyone, including a fan.

“Trial by Sportscene? Absolutely, no one is going to convince me otherwise. That is exactly what it is, as well as still photography.”

Dempster said: “I don’t pass comment necessarily on Darnell’s tackle. But the fact is within that game there were a few other incidents, let’s put it that way.

If we continue to use this ridiculously flawed system, the game will become an even bigger laughing stock than it is already.
There isn't a sporting competition in Scotland, instead, we have a parody of such and it isn't difficult to see where the script for comedy is being written and who in turn is being made a fool of.

Let’s hope the tables are now turning, the 19th Century Terrorist led cabal is crumbling and we are instrumental in its downfall

Sinister reporting - Dempster joins forces with Rangers will see her castigated by fans of other clubs.

Dempster is speaking out quite correctly on behalf of her club.

I say well done to her.

I was asking this.

The headline makes it appear as though she has explicitly come out and said ‘I’m with Rangers on this’, but from reading the article it doesn’t look like that.

Dempster said: “I don’t pass comment necessarily on Darnell’s tackle. But the fact is within that game there were a few other incidents, let’s put it that way.

Just say what the incident is FFS. We all know, call it out or STFU.

Would usually agree mate, but we ain't going to win this battle on our own.

The more clubs we get on our side, the better chance we have of something being done.

I reckon there is only one club happy with the current state of affairs. She'll get support from the other clubs I reckon and it might be better her garnering it instead of 'big bad Rangers'.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see that there is only one club benefiting from the CO system. Quite how only Hibs have spoken up is beyond me but better late than never.

Welcome to the party.

Finally someone with the balls to say it as it is , and ironically it hasn’t come from Ibrox but from a woman at Easter road . Well said Leanne Dempster.
She did the same on Radio Scotland back in 2012, when they were putting the boot into us

Calmly explained any chairman saying they could survive without Rangers was full of it. Predictably, the panel had no comeback

Thats her career finished up here in Scotland.
Doubt it. She'll have said it with Petrie's approval. He painted himself into a corner after saying he won't do business with us, so he needs her to make these statements, to.keep the supporters happy

Her statement makes ours look pathetic in contrast, well done to her for highlighting it but fuk all will change.

The Compliance Officer's position is untenable and change is inevitable. Trust is gone however and merely replacing one puppet with another will only serve to destroy completely what's left of the credibility of the game here in Scotland.

Back