Nikola Katić

Albertz_Was_King

This guy was built for Scottish football.

Reminds me of Carlos Cuellar, he will head and kick anything, not afraid of any bumps or bruises he might get in doing so. His bravery is crucial in this league and he has it in abundance.

He’s decent with the ball, he’s quick and he seems to communicate really well.

He fell out the team for a long period for an inferior defender but he has taken it exceptionally well for a young man in his debut season in a foreign league.

Delighted he got his goal today.
Thought him and Davis were both excellent today. Ikpeazu switched early to goldson as he was getting no joy from Katic

Ikpeazu did turn Katic really easily early doors.

I'm delighted he got his goal, but if we're saying Katic was a collosus today, that's overstating it somewhat. I'd expect for the Celtic game, Worrall will be back in.

This guy was built for Scottish football.

Reminds me of Carlos Cuellar, he will head and kick anything, not afraid of any bumps or bruises he might get in doing so. His bravery is crucial in this league and he has it in abundance.

He’s decent with the ball, he’s quick and he seems to communicate really well.

He fell out the team for a long period for an inferior defender but he has taken it exceptionally well for a young man in his debut season in a foreign league.

Love the big man. He's fearless and thankfully he's ok after his fall on to his back, looked a bad one when I first seen it.

Needs a good run in the team alongside Goldson, that's our central defence partnership IMO.

Delighted he got his goal today.

Ikpeazu did turn Katic really easily early doors.

I'm delighted he got his goal, but if we're saying Katic was a collosus today, that's overstating it somewhat. I'd expect for the Celtic game, Worrall will be back in.

I love Big Niko but that's the one glaring negative in his game. He gets turned far too easily at times.

Kilmarnock game at home a few weeks back as well. Killie player rolled him right before he did his hamstring shooting.

I love Big Niko but that's the one glaring negative in his game. He gets turned far too easily at times.

Kilmarnock game at home a few weeks back as well. Killie player rolled him right before he did his hamstring shooting.

Definitely.

There's a player in there for sure. But I can never get on board with him being painted as the new Richard Gough on here.

Look above. Someone's said we could have won the league if we'd stuck with Katic and Goldson. Does anyone really believe that?

Agree. He needs to learn from that. It’s hapoened a few times.
But he has real potential to me & is a real warrior as the OP says.

Definitely.

There's a player in there for sure. But I can never get on board with him being painted as the new Richard Gough on here.

Look above. Someone's said we could have won the league if we'd stuck with Katic and Goldson. Does anyone really believe that?

I do think we look far more solid and secure with Goldson and Katic in central defence.

Overall our defensive record this season has been very good compared to recent years. We still need to get better.

I do think we look far more solid and secure with Goldson and Katic in central defence.

Overall our defensive record this season has been very good compared to recent years. We still need to get better.

Katic and Goldson have had decent games and horrendous games. The same for Worrall and Goldson.When Katic came back into the team in November, he was, and its not an exagerration, dreadful. I'm think Moscow away, I'm thinking being chopped at half time v's Motherwell when Curtis Main tormented him.
The fans never took to Worrall, which is fine. I do believe he's further on in his development than Katic which made him the obvious choice for the bigger games. There's no doubt Worrall and Goldson will be the Old firm partnership next month in my mind.

Things are getting better under Gerrard, would be unfair to pick out every mistake but dropping Katic for Worrall is a big one IMO.

Can only assume was there was some personal problem. Worrall on his day is solid, but we look far more secure with Katic.

Agree with a lot of the comments,Katic is very young in CH terms so lots to learn but it looks blatantly obvious he has the raw materials to become an outstanding player in years to come for us.
Goldson has struggled the second half of the season after a fantastic first half,hopefully a rest then a proper pre season will see him back to previous form.

Superb today,potential to be a quality defender for us for years to come,a real asset in attack aswell,has we seen today,he must have more than Goldson and Worral combined surely,having played less than half the games

Agree. And 22yo for a central defender is just a baby. He was ALWAYS gonna have flaws mate.
Not a dig at the boy mate, thing is I've always seen the centre back pairing as a unit .

Some pairings work better than others , Worrall has done okay in there for a youngster but I'm firmly of the belief that the Katic ,Goldson partnership has the best chemistry of the players we have to pick from .

It is far from perfect either though and is still in the development stage but the promise is there for me and is why I would persevere with it.

Goldson is the best defender we have & most consistent

Think that’s extremely clear tbf
All about opinions bud. Goldson is certainly the one who’s played more consistently this season but the number of games appears to be taking its tole on him.

For me it’s simple, if you have a centre half who wins everything in the air and is a threat at corners and free kicks you find a partner to suit him, not the other way about.

Overall a very good player but he did get done easily once. He’s only 22 though which is young for his position and the lack of experience shows the odd time – I think with more game time these odd mistakes will disappear though.

I can’t unserstand how people think he’s better than Goldson right enough, and I’m saying that as a fan of Katic.

Good game, 22yr Old learning his trade as a CH, with proper coaching and advice (Gough) he will only get better.
He will be inconsistent but could be here for years.

Not a dig at the boy mate, thing is I've always seen the centre back pairing as a unit .

Some pairings work better than others , Worrall has done okay in there for a youngster but I'm firmly of the belief that the Katic ,Goldson partnership has the best chemistry of the players we have to pick from .

It is far from perfect either though and is still in the development stage but the promise is there for me and is why I would persevere with it.

I’m with you BABB. But I would keep Niko in there & let him develop.
As you say, there is a natural balance with him & Goldson.
I’m still to be convinced by Goldson based upon his form in the last two months. First two/three months they were the cornerstone of our team, but as others have said we went downhill once SG started his rotation policy.

Agree with a lot of the comments,Katic is very young in CH terms so lots to learn but it looks blatantly obvious he has the raw materials to become an outstanding player in years to come for us.
Goldson has struggled the second half of the season after a fantastic first half,hopefully a rest then a proper pre season will see him back to previous form.

Good objective post Cav.

Reactions: cav
I’m with you BABB. But I would keep Niko in there & let him develop.
As you say, there is a natural balance with him & Goldson.
I’m still to be convinced by Goldson based upon his form in the last two months. First two/three months they were the cornerstone of our team, but as others have said we went downhill once SG started his rotation policy.
Pretty much agree, Goldson had a sticky patch for a while there too but looks to be coming back onto a game .

As I say, we don't have the perfect partnership at the moment but the one with most promise is Goldson and Katic, others may disagree .

That said, who knows what the summer transfer window brings.

He has some flaws but he is still learning and more importantly , we benefit if and when those flaws are ironed out.

His partnership with Goldson works and is the best we have on the books.

A fact that not many want to realize.

It’s not about individuals.It’s about the partnership.

Katic and Goldson back together…(criminally dropped imho) played 4 won 4.

Stats don’t lie!!

Pretty much agree, Goldson had a sticky patch for a while there too but looks to be coming back onto a game .

As I say, we don't have the perfect partnership at the moment but the one with most promise is Goldson and Katic, others may disagree .

That said, who knows what the summer transfer window brings.

Yes. The hope is that we try to upgrade the team with every signing, no matter who fills the jersey now.
The great Liverpool team in the 80’s did that every season even when they were winning champions leagues.

Back