Best game you've ever watched

Euro 2004 Czech Rep 3-2 Holland.

Liverpool 4-2 Arsenal in the Champions League about 10 or so years ago.

Czech Rep 2-3 Turkey in Euro 2008 - just because I watched it in the Ibrox Bar in Marmaris and Turkey came back from 2-0 down, the whole resort went absolutely bongo.

Barcelona 5-0 Real Madrid in 2010 was is the best display of football by any team I've ever seen.

Cracking game.

One of my memories of the WC and Bulgaria putting the Germans out. Also, big shout for Roberto Baggio, without him Italy would have been on the flight home at the group stages. If only he was fit they would have won it.

The final was a wash out.

One of our own games,Marseille at Ibrox,tears running down my face when hately scored flash header.

I wasn't at that game but the Stuttgart game in 2007 was one that was mental. Getting beat 1.0 and coming back 2.1. That night was unreal.

best game ive watched is also one i attended, the 3-3 Skol Cup Final against the sheep.

He went on the save a penalty in the shoot out. B@stard should of been Jailed for assault for that challenge nevermind sent off.
The official who was nearest the assault was the SFAs Bob Valentine who was the linesman, Nothing changes with our lot of poor refs!

AC Milan v Liverpool
2005 CL Final

Not a big fan of Liverpool but that was a special game I will always remember watching.

Man City vs QPR when they won the league.

Special mention for Arsenal vs Reading in 2012, 7-5 final score. Arsenal 4-0 down at HT.

skol cup final v Aberdeen which we won on pens

came on to post exactly this - might not have had the global reach of some of the wc games mentioned but probably the best game i've seen in the flesh. Outstanding football from both teams and some great players could genuinely have gone either way.

Man city spurs but from a cup game in 2004? Spurs went 3-0 up at half time and Joey Barton got sent off as well at half time.

Man City came back to win it 4-3 with an injury time goal despite 45mins with 10 men.

Last week's game was pretty good though as well!

Lot of people going on about Man City v Spurs last week...didn't see it so can't comment.

For me France v West Germany in WC82 semi had everything.

Well apart from France winning and Schumacher being jailed

What's your favourite match. Non-Rangers?
This was the first game that came to mind for me, we were at a wedding and went to the pub next door to watch a bit of the game as you did back in the day. The game was so good we stayed for the full game, right through to penalties before going back to a very frosty reception from the bride and the other ladies.

Liverpool V AC Milan European Cup final in Istanbul.

3-0 Milan at half time. Finished 3-3, Liverpool won on penalties. Dudek pulled off an incredible save from Shevchenko in the second half of extra time.

Man City V Spurs was second for me.

It certainly caused a lot of celebration in the city of the defeated team . . . . traffic blocked in PRW as jubilant "Porto" supporters did the conga . . . and just a few days later, even more cause for celebration . . . . a great week!
It sure was my friend haha

In my cell watching that start (roughly) of the 14/15 season where chelsea beat Everton 5-3 game was madness also watched Germany dismantling Brazil during that world cup...another great game.

Rangers 4 Celtic 4 in 1986 takes a bit of beating. Strange that a draw was such a great game.

Liverpool v real Madrid 2009 4-0 Liverpool. That first half Liverpool were sensational, they ripped Madrid to shreds. Casillas despite losing 4 goals had some game, was actually my motm he was that good, would have so much more but for him.

I struggle to come up with a list of even 5 matches - I’ve been fortunate to enjoy so many wonderful football matches since I started following the sport around 1986.

I love defence and so the Milan/Juventus Final in Manchester that most people deride was a wonderful match in my eyes - each team absorbed everything that the other could throw at them.
At the same time, something like Liverpool v Milan in Istanbul was an evening of incredible passion & excitement as the teams went for goals - I’m a huge Milan fan but I was delighted for Liverpool that might given the way they played the match.

What does always stick with me is that to see a match like some of those mentioned where both teams hit form, where big players have great games, where there is drama and excitement and moments of genius is highly unlikely in the world of football.
The norm is that a football match is full of mistakes and frustration. When things line up to give is an entertaining match we should be incredibly grateful that we had the chance to witness & share that moment.

I was at City vs Spurs last week so that one is still fresh in the memory. Most probably the best game I've actually been to. The other one I always liked (wasn't there) was Liverpool vs Newcastle from the mid 90's. What a game!!

From a Rangers viewpoint, the SCF in 2002 takes some beating. We were superb that day and Barry Ferguson put on a midfield/captain's masterclass

1981 FA Cup Final replay, Sure it was a Thursday night and we didn't have much Live Football on TV back then

For pure drama and genuine what have I just witnessed liverpool v Milan in the champions league final. Game had everything. Overlooked but dudek made a hell of a double save from shevchenko. Carragher pulling up with cramp stopping a cross then 30 seconds later doing the exact same stretch to stop a cross. Real pleasure to be able to say I witnessed that game

Italy v Brazil in WC 82 really made me fall in love with football. I was a young kid but I remember it like yesterday. I was immediately out in the back garden being Paolo Rossi. The drama and occasion totally made an impression. I'll never forget it.

When Barca beat Real Madrid 5-1 a few years back I was overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of football being played by that Barca team and Messi in particular. It was quite emotional seeing how incredible the game can be at such an elite level.

I also thought the WC semi final between Italy and Germany in 2006 was utterly incredible. I was transfixed by it.

1970 world cup final for me, i think it summed up the phrase the beautiful game.
Both teams made it a unforgettable game for me.

Back