New turnstiles and season tickets?

buffalosoldier

Sorry if I'm being a right tool here and have missed the blatantly obvious, but I saw some guys on twitter saying we're getting a new turnstile system and everyone is being issued a new smartcard ahead of the new season, is this true?

Did the club announce this? Don't know how I missed it. Assume we're moving to the unmanned barcode scanner turnstiles then

Dont think its new turnstiles,I’m sure i read they were being upgraded so im guessing different scanners

Does this apply to Ready Cards as well? I pick and choose which games I go to and the card gets activated. Will there be a new one automatically issued or do I need to get a new one?

Im guessing theyll be more efficient when it comes to adults using junior cards.

Unfortunately its rife right now and it costs the club alot so hopefully it cracks down on it.

Just a guess might have nothing to do with that lol

If you’re opted in for friendlies on CCCS you’ll receive a paper ticket for every one of them and probably the Euro games too.

Tbh I don’t see the real need for it, depending on cost I suppose but there’s more pressing things needing fixed than turnstiles

I would think it will be new smart card readers using RFID technology i.e. contactless. Hopefully this will include the ability to also scan paper tickets like most other venues can cope with.

Did the club announce this? Don't know how I missed it. Assume we're moving to the unmanned barcode scanner turnstiles then
Emails were out last week or the previous one. New cards for the first league game and I think the friendlies will be paper tickets.

Tbh I don’t see the real need for it, depending on cost I suppose but there’s more pressing things needing fixed than turnstiles

It's a precursor to a whole new system that will bring vast improvements for both fans and club.

ja9jk1.png

The new turnstiles I think will allow the scanning of paper tickets like what they have at the Giro Dome. Removes the need for stewards to tear off tickets and could allow folk to print their own tickets off at home.

Said the new cards will be out before our first competitive game of the season, which would be possibly the 11th July. Or maybe the meant first league game

Said the new cards will be out before our first competitive game of the season, which would be possibly the 11th July. Or maybe the meant first league game
It will be the first league game as the friendly games in July are all paper tickets.

Be fun posting out almost 50k tickets for the european games in July!
I thought the same.

If the new system is not in place by mid July then it will be a hell of an operation to do paper tickets only for European sell out matches.

And potentially a nightmare queue to get into the ground with an old style paper ticket.

Hope this is the case. Printing tickets at home/tickets to your phone is the norm for all events now.

Won’t affect season ticket holders as such but it will be Instant for the last minute punter and no more waiting on the postman for three days with no joy. Hopefully also the end of those half time soaked to the skin entries for those who need to collect after a late purchase. Also gives the ability to have pop up stands selling tickets in the city centre / retail shop.

Maybe because electronics don't last for ever? The existing smartcard readers have been there about 17 years so will no doubt get to a point soon where they start failing and the current components may now be obsolete?
They failed a couple of times in the govan rear last year.

Yup got email about friendlies, no mention of new smart card.
Only place I’ve heard about new smart cards is on here.

New smart cards are definitely happening, I managed to get my daughter and brother a ticket and was advised from ticket office that along with there new cards everyone would receive new ones due to upgrades at Turnstiles

Back