Greg Stewart

Shows the importance to bring someone in we know Alfie will be suspended again for something trivial so need depth
One suspended, one injured, leaves one.
I know nobody wants to be third choice for one position but, if we can target somebody with a different quality, okay a target man, it might help with the recruitment.
And, no, I’ve no idea who this guy could be or if we are actually looking at all.

When you don’t have pots of money you need guys that can do a job in a few places, Stewart can do that hence good signing. Just need him back and to kick on from what he’s shown. He’s not far from being involved in most weeks if he keeps up the performance like he had against Aberdeen.

I like Stewart and its a shame he’s got injured now as I’m sure he would have got game time with Morelos being out. Stewart reminds me a lot of De Boer in terms of style not overall quality.
Thank feck you immediately made that clear!
For what it’s worth, I agree with you.

Injured or not, I think hes being under used.

He looked really sharp at the start of the season.

He always looks a goal threat unlike Jones, Barker, even Aribo.
Just my tuppence worth

I like Stewart as a player. Injury came at a bad time as I think he'd have got more game time with morelos out.

His contributions have been good and I think we should utilise him more against the bottom 6 at Ibrox, where trickery will open a defence.

I know this won't be popular but Ojo can play as a striker IMO, he is a finisher, with the way we play and dominate teams we only need someone who can finish, and he has pace.
Ojo plays like the proverbial seven-stone weakling, he'd get battered and give up.

It has all gone quiet on Jones, what is the skinny on him, is he injured still or a new complaint. He was a big disappointment to me the last /first game he played recently. When he came to us I thought he would set the heather on fire. A silly incident against the uglies set him back. I do think there is a player there, but he set a little doubt in my mind last time out, would like to see him have another game or two.

Hopefully fit in time for county and gets a run out for 20 mins. Gets him minutes in his legs. We will need him for the run in

Injured or not, I think hes being under used.

He looked really sharp at the start of the season.

He always looks a goal threat unlike Jones, Barker, even Aribo.
Just my tuppence worth
Agree mate, always seems to be the first one overlooked. Not a criticism of the manager, there must be a tactical reason for this.

I hope Stewart has been training in the striker position lately cause I've a feeling he might just be needed there in this run it at times.

Think the next block of homes games where teams will sit in are ideal for Stewart and how he plays

Gerrard likes his front players to work hard tracking back. Ive noticed when Stewart plays he isnt the greatest for doing that and perhaps that has frustrated Gerrard.

I like Stewart though, I think hes a cracking wee player and a proper attacking threat who seems to be capable of things that some of our other players aren't.

When fit, I hope that he gets a proper chance to show what he can do. We are missing a spark in that front line.

Just lacking a bit of pace, still a skilful player.

He does lack pace mate, but when teams are defending deep and there's no space in behind them, then pace becomes far less of an issue.

Different story if we're at the piggery, or away in Europe, then pace becomes a huge asset, when playing on the counter.

Hence he's rarely involved in these games.

Has looked good whenever he has played. Surprised we havent played him more often. Would surely have seen minutes if he hadn't been injured last couple of games

I don't think he's had a bad performance for us. Always seems to make an impact. Shame he's injured when he could get some minutes.

i think we will line up in a similar shape to Easter Road game and have them on the counter

Back