Players Worth A Special Mention

ShiftyPowers

It's been a long and emotional journey to 55, and every player is enormously deserving of their impending winners medals.

There are however a lot of players that contributed to our return to where we belong, and it got me thinking, who would you say deserves a special mention in the absence of a medal?

Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Mcculloch, Moshni ‍♂️

Hit us with some of the names that you'll always be grateful for their participation.

It's been a long and emotional journey to 55, and every player is enormously deserving of their impending winners medals.

There are however a lot of players that contributed to our return to where we belong, and it got me thinking, who would you say deserves a special mention in the absence of a medal?

Wallace, Halliday, Holt, Mcculloch, Moshni ‍♂️

Hit us with some of the names that you'll always be grateful for their participation.
I believe there should be a plaque with all who restarted our journey getting back to where we belong with higher status to those who will carry us over the line!

Certain bit part players have had a say in big individual moments to getting us back to where we belong. Obviously don’t deserve a medal, but it’s weird how insignificant players have contributed to us winning the league.

For example, Coulibaly getting the 3rd against Maribor was a massive goal in us getting to the Europa League group stages which allowed us the finances to bring in better players.

Same with Jones’ assist for Morelos against Legia giving us the finances to bring in Kent.

Not sure if I am correct but off the top of my head when all this first started Davis and edu ? I believe they are the only two we got a fee for. Sure a read somewhere they actual made sure we got one or am tell lies it seems so long ago.

so if it’s true those two because I believed it helped us at the time.

However badly it ended up, Warburton done a job for us. We were a fucking laughing stock the previous season, on and off the pitch, failing to win the championship, getting pumped by Motherwell in the playoffs and at the mercy of the spivs. He came in, had us playing some lovely football which after years of hoofball under ally was such a relief for the fans. Also gave us our first victory over celtic since being relegated and that was a special moment for us all. Just a shame it all went tits up after that but he definitely played his part and set us on the right path.

I’ve got it in my head that we forced the sale through to fund the
Newcastle 5 deal.

Is that just my imagination?
Not 100% sure on the Newcastle 5 specifically but the club definitely pushed through a deal and he’s said before that he didn’t want to leave.

Sure there was other interest in him at the time but the first offer was accepted and he was told to go

Some proper random suggestions.

When we had guys like Clint Hill & Josh Windass there was no jourmey.. we had well and truly hit a dead end.

Guys like Lee Wallace & Lee Mculloch deserve a mention for their commitment & loyalty 100%.

Back