Motherwell offering free season tickets...

Good gesture.

Ensure they they keep their numbers and increase their pricing next season with higher prices for single ticket matches and cup games.

Seems to me they are making a big show of something they already promised.

Similar to the big show they made of saying anyone who bought a ST last year would get any games missed back on their next ST. They just weren't expecting a full season of no fans and you've got to assume this has fairly bit them on the arse now.

Which is good. Hope they go down.

Seems to me they are making a big show of something they already promised.

Similar to the big show they made of saying anyone who bought a ST last year would get any games missed back on their next ST. They just weren't expecting a full season of no fans and you've got to assume this has fairly bit them on the arse now.

Which is good. Hope they go down.
8noaG17.gif

Reading that, they really hadn't a choice after promising fans who bought ST last year they would see 19 home games.

Always had a lot of time for Motherwell, having worked with their medical team under McCall.

They do a load of work in the community and genuinely care about these initiatives. A huge well done from me.

By 8 July last year they had sold 3,500 tickets and were aiming to beat their record of 4,448 at that time.

It is certainly no empty gesture - they are keeping the promise they made last summer:

The club say that anybody who buys a season ticket will get the full value of it, even if it isn't this season. They guarantee fans will have the chance to attend 19 home games "whenever this is possible".

They add: "If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don't renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets or games in 2021/22."

Last edited:
Huge credit to Motherwell for doing that. Always nice to see a club show appreciation to fans now and again. It's been hard times for alot of fans during these times. Gestures like that can only be encouraging.

I am wondering if a wealthy benefactor is helping them with this.

Regardless its a good gesture. Football without fans is nothing.

Even though we may not like them for their recent antics, we need other clubs fans to be there as the victory is so much sweeter

They probably didn't sell many because of the pandemic and will have massively reduced overheads on policing/stewarding of fixtures. That will go some way to balancing the books. They'll get some or most of it back through their most loyal of fans who bought one having a little bit more disposable cash to put in and maybe bringing along kids/family and buying merch or whatever.

Decent gesture tbh, still don't like them though with an honourable mention for O'Donnell, i really don't like him

Good gesture. Surprised they didn't offer fans the option to pay X% if they wanted too, as a donation instead. I imagine that almost all of their fans would have contributed something.

Good gesture. Surprised they didn't offer fans the option to pay X% if they wanted too, as a donation instead. I imagine that almost all of their fans would have contributed something.
They have. With them asked to make donations to their Community Trust or to a new scheme to donate season tickets to the disadvantaged.

What they have done is excellent from a community viewpoint. Less so from a business viewpoint I’d say.

They have. With them asked to make donations to their Community Trust or to a new scheme to donate season tickets to the disadvantaged.

What they have done is excellent from a community viewpoint. Less so from a business viewpoint I’d say.

If Hearts and Dundee come up this season, and Killie stay up, they might end up wishing they had the 500k to spend on the playing squad!

Back