West ham fans in the Bristol bar

Where can I access this film, been years since I seen it- remember after the scene that you stated- another person replied- don’t worry he’s suffering from PMT pre match tension
I'm not sure mate I had it on video :)) I dare say online somewhere it's that old it's prob on YouTube

Back in the 90s my brother lived in Kent, and after a visit I caught a train back to London to connect for the South West. The train was full of Hamners, and I was in my Rangers top. As soon as I sat down, up went a chant of “Rule Britannia.” They to a man were all pro Rangers, we sang the whole way. They went on to beat Man U that afternoon and stop them winning the title. I have had a soft spot for them ever since.

%^*& knows but I'm glad we don't have songs like that,( if that's the case) because as much as a lot of epl and even fans of English championship teams might look down on Scottish football, at least we know what it's like to win trophies against your worst most hated rivals and compete in Europe. A lot of teams down there spend a fortune just to stay in the league, never knowing success, other than the odd win against a local rival

Songs like "Bubbles" are brilliant. What we need is a proper anthem. It has to be slow and emotional. All this happy clappy fast and furious stuff is bullshit.

Remember in the firm with Gary Oldman benny from Grange Hill had a half tim half West ham scarf or hat been yrs since I seen it and Phil Mitchell from eastenders slapped him and took it off him sayin what have we got to do with them or somthing like that :)) goin to have to give it a watch again
It was big Jim McDonald (Charlie Lawson) who gave him the slap. Benny (Terry Sue Pratt) had a pretty tragic death in real life, dying a month before his body was discovered.

I remember the rumours years ago that it was another player that lifted the bracelet and that Moore being Captain decided that he should take the rap.

I also heard that the real culprits name rhymed with Jobby Piles.
I also heard Bobby Charlton mentioned but as much as I'd like that to be true, I just cannot see it.

Of course it could all be, and most likely is, bollocks.
I read that version somewhere, apparently he was covering up for a younger player and once the media got hold of the story it exploded into an international incident.

Bobby Moore was a Rolls Royce of a player who probably stayed loyal to West Ham too long. When he moved to Fulham he was well passed his best.

Songs like "Bubbles" are brilliant. What we need is a proper anthem. It has to be slow and emotional. All this happy clappy fast and furious stuff is bullshit.
Not quite sure where to start with this!

You think I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles is better than our songs? You can't be serious.

Charlie wasn't acting either
Charlie Lawson was once on fivelive and the presenter was taking questions rang in from the radio audience and asking them.
This was well before the internet or everyone having mobiles.
One question Charlie was asked was why didn't we see Jim McDonald celebrate St Patrick's Day on the programme.
And Charlie's diplomatic answer was that Jim wasnt supposed to be from an area that would be into that sort of thing.

Another less diplomatic but wonderful time was when he and the chef Paul Rankin (originally from Ballywalter) were the team on Ready Steady Cook.
They were setting about their task and it went a bit quiet so Charlie said,
"Paul."
"What?"
"No Surrender."
<laughing> "Aye, No Surrender, Charlie."

Fern Britton comes bustling over and asks what was that all about and Charlie tells her, "It's an Ulster thing."

You think I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles is better than our songs? You can't be serious.

Its better than SOME of our songs. The happy clappy stuff is embarrassing. Its a race to see who can finish first. Wrong lyrics, tuneless, contaminated with daft add ons and sung like Pinky and Perky on speed.

It was big Jim McDonald (Charlie Lawson) who gave him the slap. Benny (Terry Sue Pratt) had a pretty tragic death in real life, dying a month before his body was discovered.
Forgot he was in it :)) not seen it in yrs defo going to have to re watch it!

West Ham are a proper club and they have a decent, loyal away support. Well respected in London too, despite the local rivalries (this is excluding Millwall obviously). I pray the wee guys in the Groin Brigade think they're hard and try something on these lads - it'll be the last thing they ever do!

Follow follow, Blue Sea of Ibrox, Every Other Saturday?

FF is a dirge and ruined by ref to Dundee and Hamilton.

Blue Sea of Ibrox is good as is Every Other Saturday but they're not anthems.

An anthem has to be slow and emotional. You dont clap along to an anthem. Its not supposed to be "rousing". Its supposed to be a tune that creates emotion.

Have a think about the best and worst national anthems.

Only ever went to Upton Park once. It would have been in late 1979 in what was then Division 2 - despite West Ham having the likes of Frank Lampard, Trevor Brooking, Ray Stewart, Billy Bonds etc in their team. Hammers won 3-0.

Was an 'interesting' night. Both clubs had a reputation for having a 'raucous' element amongst their fans and there were numerous fights both inside and outside the ground. I'd gone with a colleague who supported Cardiff and recall getting chased along some backstreets after someone heard his accent ha ha.

West Ham’s my English side and been to see them all over northern England and down at Upton Park.

A very loyal support like ourselves and deserve a lot better than they get from their board.

I met a few of the old ICF outside Man City one time and they were absolutely massive guys, definitely not guys I’d like to be against and I’m 6,2 pretty fit etc :D

FF is a dirge and ruined by ref to Dundee and Hamilton.

Blue Sea of Ibrox is good as is Every Other Saturday but they're not anthems.

An anthem has to be slow and emotional. You dont clap along to an anthem. Its not supposed to be "rousing". Its supposed to be a tune that creates emotion.

Have a think about the best and worst national anthems.
Done properly Follow Follow makes no mention of either Dundee or Hamilton. The Club did release a version with that line in it, subsequently bastardised by the FTP crowd, but not the original. That one sticks to just Dublin.:rolleyes:

;):)

I'm sure that only came out around the 90s did it not Robert? I have on old vinyl single from the early 60s with no mention of either of those and the 'original' I'm sure goes back beyond that.

We're the same age and I certainly didn't grow up with the Dundee, Hamilton version.
Same . My version doesn’t even have Dublin it has “ even into Europe “ . I love it

Wouldn't have thought they got any.
Its an interesting point. There were away fans at the Airdrie game through the week and Ross County are having St Johnstone fans in for their League opener next weekend.

As with everything else, its all a bit 'random'. Maybe the WHU fans DO have tickets.

Done properly Follow Follow makes no mention of either Dundee or Hamilton. The Club did release a version with that line in it, subsequently bastardised by the FTP crowd, but not the original. That one sticks to just Dublin.:rolleyes:

;):)

Its still a dirge even when "done properly". Just my opinion. Some people paid money to buy Cotton Eye Joe so, like oral sex, its a matter of taste.

Live down South and was brought up in East ham, a few do sway our way but there is alot that prefer the other side.

Hope we get a trip down to the Olympic soon and completely take over London!
I lived in East Ham in the early 80’s and was a regular visitor to The Boleyn Ground. I used to work in the Central Park Hotel and got to know a few of their fans. By and large they are a good bunch who couldn’t give a shit about Rangers or them. We’re all sweaty socks to them. Like most of London there are a lot of paddies living there and I suspect they will tend towards them. To be fair, in return I couldn’t give a XXXX what they think about us.

I'm sure that only came out around the 90s did it not Robert? I have on old vinyl single from the early 60s with no mention of either of those and the 'original' I'm sure goes back beyond that.

We're the same age and I certainly didn't grow up with the Dundee, Hamilton version.
I used to go on an RSC bus in the middle sixties and all the older guys ( probably about 40 lol ) used to sing these words
I have a tea towel from the sixties, I will check the words on it

Back