The last time you were in Ibrox

With the vast majority of us likely to get back into Ibrox sometime over the next month, I only just realised that the last time I was there was the game against Bayer Leverkusen, less than two weeks after being in Portugal watching us skelp Braga. Genuinely feels like it was years and years ago. Bit of a pointless post maybe, but really emphasises how much has happened both on the pitch and off it. Genuinely the whole world has changed. It’ll be good to be back.
Leverkusen and I’m pretty sure I caught covid at the match!

Leverkusen for a match, but we were at a birthday lunch in the Argyle House in November, so it would be then.

My birthday last year for dinner, had been on a bender for about 4 days and took the wrong tablets the morning of it - was spewing bile all day and couldn’t eat or drink anything.

Game wise, Leverkusen.

Leverkusen. Keep thinking back to being packed into the subway like sardines there and back, wondering if it was a good idea, everybody looking nervous any time somebody coughed!

Last game at Ibrox was Aberdeen

Last visit to Ibrox was the 15/2 when the Livy game game was cancelled

Last time seeing Rangers play was Braga away

Leverkusen for me as well.

Remember talking to the couple next to me, we were all wondering we would get the beggars game that Sunday or not as it was initially Monday before things were to close. But Nippy changed her mind the next day.

Leverkusen.

Lucky that I made that one, our lodge meets on a Thursday, caused me to miss a lot of euro ties, had to give ticket away a few times.

Sheep 0-0 Feb 2020
Same for me - the wee man’s birthday present each year is a trip up to a game.

Went to Mr Singh’s afterwards with a few mates and mini-Rab and have a cracking photo of us all in my office. All folk that I’ve got an initial connection with about Rangers but solid friendship with over & above that.
Really looking forward to being able to do stuff like that easily again.

With the vast majority of us likely to get back into Ibrox sometime over the next month, I only just realised that the last time I was there was the game against Bayer Leverkusen, less than two weeks after being in Portugal watching us skelp Braga. Genuinely feels like it was years and years ago. Bit of a pointless post maybe, but really emphasises how much has happened both on the pitch and off it. Genuinely the whole world has changed. It’ll be good to be back.
I think the number of supporters likely to get back into Ibrox is in the minority. So many more of us outside Glashow I’d wager.

Hibs at home just before lockdown 1 for me. Hagi with a late winner.

Back