The Bouncy - Wiki

TibbsyBear

Never heard the part in bold in my life. Anyone else? Anyone on here responsible haha

The Bouncy or The Bouncy Bouncy[1] is a sports celebration which involves jumping up and down on the spot while chanting the word "bouncy"[2] or "Let's all do the bouncy"[3] over and over again.

It is mainly done by fans of Scottish association football club Rangers, Australian club Brisbane Roar, Swazi team Eleven Men in Flight F.C. and the Northern Ireland national football team.[4]

The Bouncy was first performed in 1989 as a terrace song at Rangers' home ground Ibrox Stadium (a venue that has since acquired the nickname 'The Bouncy Castle').

In 1990, the then Rangers head of security, Alistair Hood jokingly suggested that Ibrox Stadium should have seatbelts installed to stop fans doing The Bouncy.[5]

The action was brought to the attention of a wider audience when Rangers fans were seen doing it in the City of Manchester Stadium in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final against Zenit St Petersburg.[6] In recent times, the bouncy has become commonplace with fans of League of Ireland Side Limerick FC.

It was done before 1989.

I have a pic from my old work with a big East Enclosure Bounce written on the side of one of our machines which a few of us from work used to call our wee Rangers supporting crowd in work who went to the games together.

It is dated January 1986.

It was done before 1989.

I have a pic from my old work with a big East Enclosure Bounce written on the side of one of our machines which a few of us from work used to call our wee Rangers supporting crowd in work who went to the games together.

Well before that, first I remember was at Cappilow in the early 80's.

It was done before 1989.

Not questioning the date mate. Questioning Ibrox being referred to as ‘The Bouncy Castle’

I remember doing the bouncy at Central Park Cowdenbeath in 1984 and it was probably being done before that.

some call it the old bouncy lady...

Someone has edited that in for a laugh and it at least made me laugh.

I'm at the bouncy castle tomorrow for the first time in nearly 2 years, if I drink enough I'll get it to catch on.

"It's the blue, blue, blue sea of bouncy castle..."

As usual Wikipedia is innaccurate/missing in detail.

Where is the part about jumping on Catholics? As everybody knows that is what the song is about.

So thankful I live in the West of Scotland where facts and details are paramount.

As usual Wikipedia is innaccurate/missing in detail.

Where is the part about jumping on Catholics? As everybody knows that is what the song is about.

So thankful I live in the West of Scotland where facts and details are paramount.

I remember the bears were the fans of the week on soccer am and they did the bouncy in the studio.
The manky mob complained it was sectarian and they actually believed them and apologised so there you go a song with just one word is offensive to the poor wee souls.

I remember the bears were the fans of the week on soccer am and they did the bouncy in the studio.
The manky mob complained it was sectarian and they actually believed them and apologised so there you go a song with just one word is offensive to the poor wee souls.

They aren’t the full shilling that mob.They go to bed offended and wake up offended.I put it down to their inferiority complex.It runs deep Dont ya know.

They also complained when asking for a score prediction a bear said-
16 9 tae.........us. :)

Weird bunch.

Limerick FC do it?

There once was a guy named Mick,
Did the bouncy and his pals were sick,
But he didnae care, raised his arms in the air,
And shouted "No Surrender ya prick"

I may have partaken in a few beverages tonight.
Dosn,t matter mate like your style.

As mentioned above,I remember it as far back as the mid eighties. Rangers away support especially,as like today,were phenomenal

And I remember being done at Hampden,when scotland beat Argentina in a mid week friendly,must have been around 1990?(rangers end of course)

Like others, I've definitely been doing the bouncy since the early 80's :)

Anyway, it's clearly been a bear that's popped that on Wiki. It may be bollocks, but it's still a bit of fun gettingThe Bouncy a bit of global recognition :D

As an aside I rememebr 6 of us in a lift at work with a guy who was a bit claustrophobic so we started the bouncy in the lift. Never seen anyone so scared in my life

Grinning guilty loyal

I’m sure it’s from the early 80s, and I seem to remember St Mirren fans doing it a Love St at one of our games

Remember this.
Just reminds me why I totally despise them.
They tarnish feckin everything.

Anyone have the cup from the UEFA cup final with the commentary? Its the bit where the Zenit fans do a bit of bouncy then the commentator says something along the lines of "And here comes the Rangers reply" and we do the most outstanding ever IMHO.
Was it not something like "how dare you takes us on!"

Never heard the part in bold in my life. Anyone else? Anyone on here responsible haha

The Bouncy or The Bouncy Bouncy[1] is a sports celebration which involves jumping up and down on the spot while chanting the word "bouncy"[2] or "Let's all do the bouncy"[3] over and over again.

It is mainly done by fans of Scottish association football club Rangers, Australian club Brisbane Roar, Swazi team Eleven Men in Flight F.C. and the Northern Ireland national football team.[4]

The Bouncy was first performed in 1989 as a terrace song at Rangers' home ground Ibrox Stadium (a venue that has since acquired the nickname 'The Bouncy Castle').

In 1990, the then Rangers head of security, Alistair Hood jokingly suggested that Ibrox Stadium should have seatbelts installed to stop fans doing The Bouncy.[5]

The action was brought to the attention of a wider audience when Rangers fans were seen doing it in the City of Manchester Stadium in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final against Zenit St Petersburg.[6] In recent times, the bouncy has become commonplace with fans of League of Ireland Side Limerick FC.
Really?The Bouncy Castle?Alistair Hood joke?Well you learn something new every day.

My recollection of the bouncy’s origins is that it was a “song” sang by those in the west enclosure initially and aimed at seated (mistyped this at first to read “seared”. What a beautiful thought.) Septic supporters.
“If you canny dae the bouncy, you’re a tim ....... bouncy, bouncy, bouncy bouncy.”
Grew from there.

Anyone have the cup from the UEFA cup final with the commentary? Its the bit where the Zenit fans do a bit of bouncy then the commentator says something along the lines of "And here comes the Rangers reply" and we do the most outstanding ever IMHO.

I still have the scars on my shins from that reply! We let them do their cute wee bouncy thing then almost the entire stadium responded - it was absolutely epic. Wasn't until I got back to the hotel that night I realised I had shredded my shins on the seat-back in front; legs, jeans, socks and shoes fecking ruined with blood :D

Back