When can we expect an announcement about kit manufacturer?

And if it can’t be a simple and classic Adidas for next season ...then it’s Admiral for me!

I think the absolute absence and sheer lack of effort to produce any training gear/leisure wear this season suggests to me that it will not be Puma.

At the risk of sounding like magicdeboer I really hope it’s Adidas again. Last time round not just their kits and training gear were excellent but so was their Rangers themed casual wear.

I think it will be puma too. Don't mind the brand, but I think it will be a smallish deal to tie us over till we get something better.

Whoever it is. Half will be happy half will be raging. When the strips are released they will be the best thing or the worst thing ever.

I’d love a return to Nike.

0_E02_B3_FD_7_CA0_4824_AE22_D658_CE948_BDE.jpg
Smart!

Just had a look at some of the Adidas world cup shirts and not many impressive ones there, if that's anything to go by. Belgium one is honking for example.

I wouldn’t mind Umbro again. Their Rangers kits and gear was great last time around although some on their stuff this season (eg Everton) is not their best.

They did release a reproduction of the Argentina 78 style Hearts top this season. If they had us then they could maybe re-release some of our old designs too.

The retro craze of the World Cup strips would make me hope for Adidas or Umbro

Adidas retro could be inspired the 94-96 home top

Umbro retro could be inspired by the 82-85 pinstripe

If we were talking away strips Adidas would be the red/black stripes (94?)

Umbro the classic 84-87

I think the absolute absence and sheer lack of effort to produce any training gear/leisure wear this season suggests to me that it will not be Puma.

Think you make a great point here. It would be surprising for Puma to go from what they have produced for us this season, to signing a new deal with us.

It's one thing that the strips had to be rushed (the word rushed is used somewhat sarcastically) but to not make up for that somewhat with a new range of training / leisure wear suggests a lack of interest in working with us or a knowledge that they are only seeing out time before cutting ties in the summer.

I hope it is not Puma. Some of the training wear you see in EPL teams with the traditional “big boys” Nike & Adidas would be amazing in our colors and badge.

Would also be keen to see us utilize some more of our club badges on our training kit-maybe the “Ready” crest on the tracksuit with the traditional RFC on the strips.

Think you make a great point here. It would be surprising for Puma to go from what they have produced for us this season, to signing a new deal with us.

It's one thing that the strips had to be rushed (the word rushed is used somewhat sarcastically) but to not make up for that somewhat with a new range of training / leisure wear suggests a lack of interest in working with us or a knowledge that they are only seeing out time before cutting ties in the summer.
I agree.

It has felt this year that Puma are running down the contract as opposed to strengthening it for the future.

No training or leisure gear signals to me that they couln't be bothered to produce these because they will not be with us next season and therefore prioritised other clients.

I think it will be puma too. Don't mind the brand, but I think it will be a smallish deal to tie us over till we get something better.

I think you might be right. Is it the case that although we have now renegotiated the terms Sports Direct will remain our retail partner? I’m sure I read that at the time.

I’d imagine club will have something pretty much agreed by now.

Only a few months til the Scottish Cup Final where I’m fully expecting to see us walk out resplendent in our new Adidas kit :D

Just like the days of old where the new strip got its first appearance on cup final day.

That’ sounds too much like common sense to me

The retro craze of the World Cup strips would make me hope for Adidas or Umbro

Adidas retro could be inspired the 94-96 home top

Umbro retro could be inspired by the 82-85 pinstripe

If we were talking away strips Adidas would be the red/black stripes (94?)

Umbro the classic 84-87
1993-94-rangers-away-shirt-m-8466-1.jpg

If the club do jump back into bed with that fat bastard even on a retail distribution model then it shows they have failed to take the shackles off.

A Puma kit, 32 Red(already confirmed I know) sponsorship and Sports Direct distribution deal will, I reckon depress the living fuck out of a lot of bears who wanted a fresh start well away from the nightmare and emblems of the past, me included.
All three feel too low profile for a club of our size and history.

If the club do jump back into bed with that fat bastard even on a retail distribution model then it shows they have failed to take the shackles off.

A Puma kit, 32 Red(already confirmed I know) sponsorship and Sports Direct distribution deal will, I reckon depress the living fuck out of a lot of bears who wanted a fresh start well away from the nightmare and emblems of the past, me included.

If you read the release from King at the time we managed to push through the divorce from the fat slug, its quite clear that the way was paved to work with him regarding the supply of merchandise in the future. I suspect that's what will indeed happen.

The existing deal was benefitting no-one. Pay Ashley off so he doesn't publicly lose face on that deal, but quietly tacitly agree to work with him on the next deal, on better terms for both parties.

Don't get me wrong, I want the lady's front bottom as far away from our business as possible. Sometimes pragmatism comes into play though....

If you read the release from King at the time we managed to push through the divorce from the fat slug, its quite clear that the way was paved to work with him regarding the supply of merchandise in the future. I suspect that's what will indeed happen.

The existing deal was benefitting no-one. Pay Ashley off so he doesn't publicly lose face on that deal, but quietly tacitly agree to work with him on the next deal, on better terms for both parties.

Don't get me wrong, I want the lady's front bottom as far away from our business as possible. Sometimes pragmatism comes into play though....
It will ultimately come back to haunt us if the club do go in that direction though mate because there is a huge percentage of the fans who simply will not entertain going into a Sports Direct shop for any reason.

All three feel too low profile for a club of our size and history.

Borussia Dortmund...Arsenal?

The chip on people’s shoulders is quite something.

We have been sponsored by CR Smith, McEwans Lager, NTL, Carling, Tennents, Blackthorn and 32Red.

What exactly are you hoping for?

Edit: F*ck Sports Direct.

Borussia Dortmund...Arsenal?

The chip on people’s shoulders is quite something.

We have been sponsored by CR Smith, McEwans Lager, NTL, Carling, Tennents, Blackthorn and 32Red.

What exactly are you hoping for?

Edit: F*ck Sports Direct.
Marseille and AC Milan as of next year too.

Back