£10m Morelos Price Tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of the link you posted, the same site has two more articles posted today mentioning Morelos being valued at £10m.
If you click the one where they suggest Everton should bid for him, they mention that the £10m valuation comes from The Herald.
If you then click that link, you will notice that they do indeed value him at £10m.....but it was written over a year ago and states that Murty could use the money to strengthen his squad.

So in summary, the £10m valuation comes from a year old Herald article.

Thanks mate.

I had a starting figure of £15m in my mind, that's very realistic considering last year's figure of £10m, considering how much Alfredo has matured in that time.

Morelos is worth at the very least £20m and I think more. We need to be patient if he can be and further develop him.If he fired us to CL group qualification after 55 his value would escalate.
A lot if ifs and buts, however we should be looking to maximise CL money like the mentally challengeds did as this was the best business of all and would dwarf the profit made on Alfie assuming we buy a quality replacement.

There’s a Chelsea youth / reserve being valued at £30m, are we really saying that unless you’re a mentally challenged the millions stay in single digits with transfers from here?

Another thread is on Milan shelling out €30m on a Polish striker from Genoa.

Market forces should dictate what Morelos is sold for because we will also need to shell out to replace him.

Really depends on who is bidding for him as to what he will be worth. Thing I think can be difficult though is when a club values a player massively higher than the wages they are paying him. If we are turning down £10m Morelos has the right to ask to be paid the wages of a £10m player which we can't afford

Where’s this spurs interest springing from ?

Is it just because Kane and now alli are out until the end of March? Also without Son for a period ?

People putting two and two together possibly?

Expect to see articles of condemnation from the rhags, mocking the derisary offer, similar to those published about Nae Neck last week.............

To sell this window you’ve got to be asking for double that.
No I would assume the asking price o the summer is that.

In the winter break add another £10mm to cover the potential financial impact not being able to replace him appropriately in January

20+ million if he's going to the EPL at the least easy,if Dembele,so we are led to believe,went for that, I'd say Alfie is a far better player

We haven’t splashed out on a big name manager in Gerrard, backed him in the summer with upwards of £10m then gave lucrative deals to Davis and Defoe only throw our season away with a £10m offer for Morelos. A league win and the champions league is worth 4x that amount! I think there will have been discussions with big Alfie that says “you help us win the league this year and we’ll let you go to the EPL with our blessings in the summer”. £20m we could maybe start talking but even then who could we buy this late stage to replace him?

Bournemouth just signed someone from the championship I’ve genuinely never even heard of for £12m. Morelos has banged in the goals, looked good in Europa and has a capnfor Colombia, there’s just no way he can be worth less than that guy

We haven’t splashed out on a big name manager in Gerrard, backed him in the summer with upwards of £10m then gave lucrative deals to Davis and Defoe only throw our season away with a £10m offer for Morelos. A league win and the champions league is worth 4x that amount! I think there will have been discussions with big Alfie that says “you help us win the league this year and we’ll let you go to the EPL with our blessings in the summer”. £20m we could maybe start talking but even then who could we buy this late stage to replace him?

Not a chance the club would put a 10 million pound value on him. At the very least they would accept 15 million IMO.

[

To play devil's advocate what if AM has an indifferent second half of the season? His value is emerging I don't think he's been stable enough for it to be set. Yes the potential is massive but if he slips a bit then the debate over his genuine ability will rage on.

Can we quit with the Dembele comparison, like it or not he had scored goals in the Champions League, France under 21 level & English Championship so sadly that will count when potential suitors are valuing a player. I think it’s pretty clear from all of Gerrard’s interviews that he and the Club have a price and until that is met, he won’t be going anywhere. We can speculate all we want about what that might be but I suspect, if the Club were to receive around the 12 million mark and Gerrard was guaranteed 8 million (transfer fees & wages) to sign a couple of players then that might be something to suit all parties.

Already seen a poster saying your to sensible, personally I think it’s a fair post , I think Morales is a smashing player, still a prospect but anything between 10/15 mill IMO he’s gone . I so much hope it’s more and a long way way

[

To play devil's advocate what if AM has an indifferent second half of the season? His value is emerging I don't think he's been stable enough for it to be set. Yes the potential is massive but if he slips a bit then the debate over his genuine ability will rage on.

£10m is nothing to teams out with the SPFL. Yes we could hold on, he loses form, becomes unhappy and maybe we lose him for £6 or £7m (I don’t think so) but equally so we may see him being sold from Lyon to Chelsea for £60m in 12 months time! He’s proven his ability over 18 months now. I would see your argument if we had only had him from the summer. So whilst he may dip in form, his value won’t drop by that much.

Really depends on who is bidding for him as to what he will be worth. Thing I think can be difficult though is when a club values a player massively higher than the wages they are paying him. If we are turning down £10m Morelos has the right to ask to be paid the wages of a £10m player which we can't afford
He got a better contract after we turned down the offer in the summer.

Already seen a poster saying your to sensible, personally I think it’s a fair post , I think Morales is a smashing player, still a prospect but anything between 10/15 mill IMO he’s gone . I so much hope it’s more and a long way way
It’s Morelos we’re discussing.

Anything between £15m-£20m and nothing else. It’s about time we value our players based on performances and not just to bring in much needed cash.

I think the thing to take into account is Steven Gerrard. He knows how good AM is and he has seen the prices of some strikers sold in England who are not in Alfie's league. He knows he will only get better and his value will soar. Hopefully he can convince the board of this if an offer comes in they think is reasonable but Stevie G doesn't.

I think the thing to take into account is Steven Gerrard. He knows how good AM is and he has seen the prices of some strikers sold in England who are not in Alfie's league. He knows he will only get better and his value will soar. Hopefully he can convince the board of this if an offer comes in they think is reasonable but Stevie G doesn't.

Just reading Rangersnews site with the quote

"I'm content at Rangers" – Alfredo Morelos bites back at transfer rumours.

I agree, I also think SG may have assured him that his chance will come and that he will put him in good sted for the English Market, Alfredo has himself stated that was his goal. To play in England's top flight.

All club parties are on the same page imo.

I think he'll leave in the summer for at least £15M. To leave now there would need to be an additional fee for the inconvenience. I don't think we'll get much more than that in the summer as everyone knows he wants a move to England.

He is better than Dembele and I don't believe the figure stated in our media for him.

Who is this Morales you are talking about?
Hope he is worth more than your opinion.

Hello Ally

Can we quit with the Dembele comparison, like it or not he had scored goals in the Champions League, France under 21 level & English Championship so sadly that will count when potential suitors are valuing a player. I think it’s pretty clear from all of Gerrard’s interviews that he and the Club have a price and until that is met, he won’t be going anywhere. We can speculate all we want about what that might be but I suspect, if the Club were to receive around the 12 million mark and Gerrard was guaranteed 8 million (transfer fees & wages) to sign a couple of players then that might be something to suit all parties.

Indeed. Can we stop the Dembele comparisons? Like it or love it, Morelos outscored Dembele in the SPL and the equivalent level English Championship, is actually a full international, and was highlighted on a couple of occasions by the Europa League as one of the best players in it. Happily, suitors will consider this when placing serious bids, as well as considering his vastly superior assists tally, team ethic and injury record.

We can speculate all we want but the club have stated that they turned down £12mill offers even before Alfie kicked on this season.

He does have a selling price. But no one knows what it is. Dembele is the marker. Morelos is clearly a better player with a higher value but our recent history may make us more susceptible to lower offers than Celtic. Who knows how that will balance.

I think that the main issue will be Alfie’s own ambition. If he is happy then I think his value breaks the transfer record. If there is a bidding war from England then he shatters it. If a single mid table EPL team comes in with a moderate offer - say £15mill - then player power might see him leave.

[

His goal record is about 1 in 2 throughout his career.

You don’t half spout pish on Alfie.

20 million is peanuts for alot of clubs in 2019.

He's young and is quality with massive potential. He's also in his national team's future plans having turned out for them amongst a squad of very good talent. Plus he's on a long contract. Some club is going to make a huge profit on him one day.

20 Million is the bare minimum.

Anything between 15 and 20 million and we have a deal.

A reminder that any bidding clubs are very aware of our relativley weak financial position so will look to take advantage of that. That's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back