£12 once again to watch tomorrow's game on RTV

The pisstake is that the unlimited package is only really worth it to fans living outside of the UK. If the pricing is so high to encourage uptake of the unlimited package then they're either relying on fans being smart enough to use a VPN or they've forgotten a very important detail.

Unless the idea is to get more people going to the game, but still.

There’s nothing ‘difficult’ about using a VPN mate. Most of the good providers have ‘how to’ videos but, in reality, it’s download and install and simply turn it on to watch RangersTV and off when you’re done. Hardest part is deciding which country to watch the game from.:)

I often defend RangersTV to the hilt but this is, once again, outrageous. Can’t argue with that.

However, on the back of the other thread bemoaning how awful the RangersTV commentator Tom is and wanting us to get rid, we now have you demanding more sackings. There will be nobody left to run the show at this rate.:)
Of course I have no idea how often you listen to match day RTV but I can assure you it is terrible .

Of course I have no idea how often you listen to match day RTV but I can assure you it is terrible .

Every game mate, every game. Tom talks too much and tries to ‘interview’ his co-commentator during the game. It’s not ideal but I can live with that. I won’t be calling for him to be dumped on the dole, put it that way.

There’s nothing ‘difficult’ about using a VPN mate. Most of the good providers have ‘how to’ videos but, in reality, it’s download and install and simply turn it on to watch RangersTV and off when you’re done. Hardest part is deciding which country to watch the game from.:)

Maybe 'smart' was the wrong word to use. I know most under the age of 50 will be fine with it, but I'd have to set it up for my dad each and every time :))

Maybe 'smart' was the wrong word to use. I know most under the age of 50 will be fine with it, but I'd have to set it up for my dad each and every time :))

I’m 63 mate and I manage fine. Once it’s installed I just click to open the software then click on the flag of The Netherlands before opening my browser. I appreciate though, sometimes we older folk are a bit scared of tech. I suggested to my best mate that he get a VPN and he just laughed. That said, this is a guy who messaged to ask me why his iPhone wasn’t ringing when someone called him. He’d put the phone on mute.:eek::)

I want to see Rangers play every chance I get.
Exciting times to see the new players and combinations SG can come up with.

You, maybe not so much ...

To me, for my £17.25 this month = 3 Europa games and 4 friendlies is £2.64 per game is bargain basement.

We're all in different circumstances - pay or don't pay ... your choice!

Quit the bitching for the sake of it FFS !
Uber staunch fucking nonsense. I wont be paying a penny for tomorrow's game as I have an unlimited subscription because I can't attend games at the weekend, I have loads of pals tho with STs and a basic RTV subscription who're looking to either fork out £12 to watch us play a friendly or not see us in action. How is that fair?

Presume every person on this thread is from out with the UK :D

Funny that I got a holiday for mentioning that having the internet was a way to save money on a BT subscription (therefore encouraging illegal streams, wtf). But posts suggesting cheating the club with a VPN is fair game

Presume every person on this thread is from out with the UK :D
Go to the game if you have a chance to do so, if not pay the money asked, and if you cannot afford to do so, find another way to watch your club...I suppose.
I would love to go to the game, I cannot so I will pay the money, but I can afford to do that, so I have to respect others in their own particular economy.

If you have the money to give to the club for the wonderful product they are availing us, then of course who would not want to do their utmost to support this?

Doesn´t affect us tbh because we watch via a full monthly subscription but I think 12 quid is too steep for a pre-season friendly on RTV. Maybe that´s the strategy, as already suggested.

£ 12 is a packet of fags or a couple of pints. This whinging and moaning is embarrassing. Don't pay it if you don't want to watch the game.
The problem is mate I think it will force more people to look for illegal streams. Stupid in my opinion.

Never really understood folk happy to pay £10 but moaning about £12

Is that £2 a real decision maker on watching the game or not?

Reactions: BWO
It would be good if people who pay the £5 subscription got a discount (even if it’s a small one) for games like this, would encourage more to sign up, in the long run I reckon the club would make more money

Couldn't pay me to listen to Tom Miller never mind me paying 12 quid

You're paying it to watch Rangers through a service whereby all money goes to the Club.

People complain about the service yet complain about paying for it. I don't think the price point is chosen randomly - there must be some thought behind it. Primarily that fans are keen to see the exciting squad we're building.

£ 6 each for two fans or even less if more Bears watch the game together. The money all goes to the club in the end. I just don't get the moaning.
I pay anyway. But let’s be realistic. There are a lot of guys who may pay six quid but baulk at that price. You have to set your prices to the market in any business and and I think they will have to rethink this. I wonder if it’s got anything to do with the new provider RTV got. Charging the club more for their feed services.

The 12 quid wouldn't be so bad it you could guarantee it would actually be watchable. For that sort of price it should be available in full HD not the 2007 era quality that's on offer.

A lot of people dont understand the whole VPN thing though
I do ......... Im a big fan
kim-kardashian-panty-line.jpg

This thread is mental.
You only have to pay the extra for the privilege of watching it live.
For those on £5 sub's who don't want to or can't afford the extra just wait a couple of hours and watch it 'as live' for nothing extra whatsoever. It's uploaded not long after the final whistle ffs.

Is that really such a hardship?

Laugh if you want.

If people carry on paying blindly then they'll think they've gotten away with bumping the price without improving it whatsoever.

You'd vote with your wallet in any other situation
Hope you don’t gave a ST and got an email half an hour after game on Thursday haha.

People seem to want everything for free.

Hopefully encourages those that can to get along and pay the extra £3. God knows how some on this thread would react if on CCCS.

Started watching RTV seriously last year at this time as I was on holiday and the Euro games had started. I now go overseas for every game and have ditched other mediums. Money to the club.

I've changed to the unlimited.
I've tried to get to my world pay account to cancel the fiver version....
Waiting for world pay to get back to me!
search in your email for futurepay.
You should have 2 emails from when you signed up to the £5sub.
One with a username and one with a password.

Click on the reference number of the £5 one and there is an option to cancel.

search in your email for futurepay.
You should have 2 emails from when you signed up to the £5sub.
One with a username and one with a password.

Click on the reference number of the £5 one and there is an option to cancel.

This. Precisely why I advise folks to make sure they keep the email from WorldPay when they sign up.

To put some minds at rest though, from what I have read on here, if you upgrade to the Unlimited from the £5 package they will only take the higher subscription fee in any case - even if both subs still show in your account.

For surety though, cancel via WorldPay.

https://secure.worldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp

Funny that I got a holiday for mentioning that having the internet was a way to save money on a BT subscription (therefore encouraging illegal streams, wtf). But posts suggesting cheating the club with a VPN is fair game

If you are watching using a VPN and a RangersTV subscription or pay per match package you are BENEFITTING the Club not cheating it. You clearly haven’t understood what people are talking about. Only too happy to explain if you require it.

The 12 quid wouldn't be so bad it you could guarantee it would actually be watchable. For that sort of price it should be available in full HD not the 2007 era quality that's on offer.

It’s in HD for me and most others mate. There’s some posts on this thread and the other one with some suggestions for fault-finding at the user end because the stream, most definitely, is in HD.

Uber staunch fucking nonsense. I wont be paying a penny for tomorrow's game as I have an unlimited subscription because I can't attend games at the weekend, I have loads of pals tho with STs and a basic RTV subscription who're looking to either fork out £12 to watch us play a friendly or not see us in action. How is that fair?

They could go to the game? Or pay the £12? Or watch it at midnight for free? Or write a letter/email to Dave King expressing their absolute disgust at the fact they’ve had to actually pay some money to watch a product and they’re not getting it for free and how it’s embarrassing that he and his mates have kept the club afloat and are in the process of building a title winning side with a young, exciting manager who is a household name across the world, but that they want £12 to watch the game. How dare they!!

If your mates don’t want to pay £12, no-one is forcing them to. They can watch it for free through other means or at midnight on their £5 (non-live games) package.

1 months subscription to the £17 service would have given you access to all the friendlies and some European games, which breaks it down to a few quid per game.

Of course buying individually is more expensive, because they want to encourage sign-ups. I don't see the issue here.

Exactly - they’re trying to get more on the highest package by making them think ‘%^*& one game was a tenner and this one is 12, 10 add 12 is 22, 17 is cheaper!’

Go on FF to vent your rage at £12 per game, or spend an extra £5 to take out a subscription which gives you 2 live games per week for the next month. I know what I did!

Totally support this. There are plenty of folk who should be going to the game but canny be arsed

Me too, in fact should be £15 to round it off, the wee commentator can’t remember his name, is worth the money alone, good craic with the supporters abroad etc and his one liners.

And like me I’ve got a ticket but a meaningless friendly on a Sunday is a bit of an ask.

Back