£40 - £60m required to get us back in the game.

Drama queen figures .
Its the SPL in Scotland against clogger's and journeymen.
A decent manager will have the team playing.

Almost agree, but you're almost agreeing with the OP.

Figures bandied in the thread are £2m a year for a manager.
We ain't exactly profitable, so that's a £10m investment for a 5 year contract.

Add in say even £10m on players, plus wages, it isn't far off the mark for what is needed.

Aye, we'd hope to realise a profit from player sales, but the investment needed to get to that point isn't exactly small.

And wed need to have won the league in next two years in order to get top price for those sales.

Ie cash needed , and quick.

We’re currently rudderless without any leadership or direction. We need our leaders to announce a huge injection of cash to stop the rot and put us on an even keel. People talking about not renewing is very worrying.
All depends on who's spending the money and on who they're spending it on. Money in itself gauruntees nothing.

Almost agree, but you're almost agreeing with the OP.

Figures bandied in the thread are £2m a year for a manager.
We ain't exactly profitable, so that's a £10m investment for a 5 year contract.

Add in say even £10m on players, plus wages, it isn't far off the mark for what is needed.

Aye, we'd hope to realise a profit from player sales, but the investment needed to get to that point isn't exactly small.

And wed need to have won the league in next two years in order to get top price for those sales.

Ie cash needed , and quick.
A decent competent manager will improve the current team and with many leaving the club and a few quality additions a huge improvement can be made.

Steve Clarke has a defence with kirk broadfoot and an attack with lazy are kris Boyd . I'm not advocating for Clarke just pointing out what a decent manager can achieve

Aye true George, but I don't exactly see Brenda as competent and as stated by others, its basically Dielas team.

Taking it over the 5 year thing, that's £10m on manager.
£whatever on wages and transfers.

That gotta be upwards of £30-40m. **** over the 5 years.

Our income is probably maxed ibroxwise with ticket sales, so merchandise is the only boost, but not to that degree I'd have thought.

Share issue has its own downsides, but I can't see any other way to get a decent wedge in, nobody is going to burn cash in Scotland, and even a bear who made a fortune would think twice. Would go against how he made the cash.

The scum got helping hands from GCC, and Dermy Bhoy is laundering cash through them so is the cat with the cream.

In Sturgeons Republic, its a bugger being honest. You're not allowed to get on your feet.

Rodgers is winning the league with pretty much of all of Deila's duds. We don't need much more cash invested, just an experienced manager who can push the players to get the best out of them and a couple of centre halves.
This isn’t true. It’s good to try and make the situation look better, but the fact is every one of their players are better than ours. And I don’t see how you can say “Deila’s duds”, they were still winning the league 15+ points a season under him.

Call the Chinese and get the 10 million for Morelos.

Punt some of the deadwood and buy a ticket for Herrera to any place he wants.

Employ a manager and spend the rest of the fee on a few decent players.

This isn’t true. It’s good to try and make the situation look better, but the fact is every one of their players are better than ours. And I don’t see how you can say “Deila’s duds”, they were still winning the league 15+ points a season under him.

How many of that XI that started against us did he sign? Dembele was done before he came along.

The players he has signed have been poor, Ntcham the exception.

He’s given players there a belief. Rogic is a superstar against us now. We need someone to do the same.

How many of that XI that started against us did he sign? Dembele was done before he came along.

The players he has signed have been poor, Ntcham the exception.

He’s given players there a belief. Rogic is a superstar against us now. We need someone to do the same.

Rogic has the best passing stats in the league-he can be invisible at times but he has good ability.

Some real random and out right crazy comments on this one.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers hadn't out spent us for a start in his time here.

Secondly 4M on Herrera and Pena is still not paid for in terms of wages etc

The board have pumped in a lot of cash and I'm not sure how the January spend was financed.

A manager is one thing rebooting the whole thing is another.

It is going to take money that's for sure-how much is up for debate but it is about financing the club also and I think it's safe to say there are a lot of unhappy Bears at the moment which may start to bite into the ST uptake.

No it doesn’t,souness turned it around with largely the same team that finished 5th the season before
Have to remember m8 souness had the bases of a decent team. Himself ferguson Durrant Cooper mccoist munro Jimmy nic. He just added to that. For where we need to be needs more than just a couple of players added

60 million and I'd call for the managers head if he didn't get us into the last 8 of the Champions League...

The tims have been lucky! Look at every signing Brenda has made since joining them ffs!! when players like Dembele leave he needs to find a replacement and so far almost everyone of his signings have been failures.

We need to get in a decent manager who can utilise what we have improve our players and find talent, Right now I really like the look of Curtis Main from Motherwell, Don't want to just jump on a bandwagon because he's playing well but he looks like an all round class player, Also Chris Cadden would do a good turn for us I reckon.

Have to remember m8 souness had the bases of a decent team. Himself ferguson Durrant Cooper mccoist munro Jimmy nic. He just added to that. For where we need to be needs more than just a couple of players added
I agree we need more than a couple of new players but we can’t just keep getting rid of one team and replacing with another every summer.i do think their are players who a good/decent manager could get better out of in the present squad.

I think people forget that this Celtic team aren't great either.

Brown looked like he was done before Rodgers came in and how he's strolled about bossing Scottish football for 2 years.

Considering the awful turmoil we've had this season we're not that far behind them. A good manager and a couple of class centre backs and we'd be fine. We've actually scored more than them this season but our defence has been woeful.

It's amazing how a mentalist can post complete shite and get so many bites.
PS I'm being kind by using mentalist as opposed to the obvious.

A better Manager and we would see a difference even from the players currently at the club we just need a guy who knows what he's doing.
No need to spend big but buy better and be smarter.

I would venture their players wage bill is more than twice what ours is.

Without investment of tens of millions to close that gap, the likelihood is that they will have better players than us.

That's how football generally works I'm afraid.

I do like a thread where someone just pulls an amount out their arse.

£40M indeed.

Well how much do we owe the current board?
That needs paid back sometime , plus transfer fees, plus players wages, plus managers wages, plus any stadium upgrade.
£ 40 million would just about cover all that.

We need an equivalent to Rodgers or better,a Manager who can kick ass when they down tools the way they've done. We don't need anywhere near that amount of money to win that league.

Do people honestly think a new manager can be successful with this group of players?

Getting the right manager is the starting point but most of these players will need replaced.

Rodgers is winning the league with pretty much of all of Deila's duds. We don't need much more cash invested, just an experienced manager who can push the players to get the best out of them and a couple of centre halves.

That’s not true he’s signed a few at £4m that’s where we must be also. We’re well behind them so I’d say £25m and then £15m in January.

That’s not true he’s signed a few at £4m that’s where we must be also. We’re well behind them so I’d say £25m and then £15m in January.

Ntcham apart, his best players were already there. Gordon, Brown, Tierney, Rogic, Griffiths. Dembele signed before Rodgers arrived.

His signings have been poor, he’s done better with Deilas players than his own.

Let’s just get some useless c unts sold and get in some useful bastards. I’m all in for seven foot flute extraordinaire Kyle Lafferty.

It's going to take a lot of money, but not quite as much as that! The most important thing is getting the next manager appointment spot on! Can't afford to waste a penny, they'll be improving also! Massive summer ahead, although how many times recently have we said that?!

It's going to take a lot of actual proper annual revenue increase. People forget the amount of players who have passed through Celtic over the years - their key has been to move on the diddies and give pay rises to the gems. That doesn't require huge transfer fees, but it does require many of them - many of those failures - and enough money to pay enough wages to the successes to stop them jumping ship. The likes of Dembele or Roberts are all about wages in fact - and their wages are keeping two other highly paid players competing for the same starting spots on their toes.

So their wage bill is £38 million.
Logic dictates that that is the level of players we need to compete, plus we still have to acquire them, say another £12 million like them.
£40 - 60 million is not a stupid figure.

New member? We all became new members when the board changed over.

Very true but a first post being a hysterical "ooooh we need 60m" sends alarm bells ringing the kind of shit sad middle aged divorced Celtic fans do. Join an opposing forum post something like this then brag to their equally tragic pals about the 'bites' they got.

Come on they truly are mental and do stuff like that fairly regular not hard to spot.

Very true but a first post being a hysterical "ooooh we need 60m" sends alarm bells ringing the kind of shit sad middle aged divorced Celtic fans do. Join an opposing forum post something like this then brag to their equally tragic pals about the 'bites' they got.

Come on they truly are mental and do stuff like that fairly regular not hard to spot.
It’s not a ‘first post’ though is it.

15-20 million would be more than adequate! It's getting the right manager in that is paramount.

Edit that.

And if we got in the champions league we would make it all back in one go.
It would be a helluva ‘gamble’ by the board to front load it, but it’s not the fantasy land stuff that some folk think either.

So their wage bill is £38 million.
Logic dictates that that is the level of players we need to compete, plus we still have to acquire them, say another £12 million like them.
£40 - 60 million is not a stupid figure.
Their players are on silly money let's not beat around the bush. Ffs the Lego muncher is on 25k a week.

Their players are on silly money let's not beat around the bush. Ffs the Lego muncher is on 25k a week.

Not arguing about that.
Say we both wanted McGinn. poets offer him 20k a week, we’re going to have to do the same.
Forget his allegiances for a minute.
We need 17 million for next season just to produce what we have this season.
So again, 40 million is not pie in the sky.

Not arguing about that.
Say we both wanted McGinn. poets offer him 20k a week, we’re going to have to do the same.
Forget his allegiances for a minute.
We need 17 million for next season just to produce what we have this season.
So again, 40 million is not pie in the sky.
That wage bill will be for the whole club not just players.

this sounds like it's been pulled from the arse of a Daily Retard writer

we need a manager who the players respect and probably about £5-10m worth of a change of playing staff. The idea that "we are back to square 1, back to where we were before" is just wrong. We were leading this great invincible (missing the capital I) team just a few weeks ago twice and we should have beaten them

with a better home record, we are probably leading the league going into the final 5 games. We need a manager to turn those dire results into positive ones and keep the team on board

Now you're just at it! We were by far the better side that day. They bottled it utter nonsense.
It’s my opinion mate. Everyone thought that we were close to them after that and only needed a couple of players to overtake them. Well, what happened there? I’ll stick with what I’m suggesting and that is we need £40 - 60 mill to seriously start competing. You think we’re going to pluck League winning and European ready players out of the air for what we’re paying? You need the reality check.

Last edited:
Blank cheque in front of you.
How much do you think it should be made out for to get us back to the top?
Serious question.

I’d reckon ;
Assemble squad like for like with Timmy.. 15 million.
Squad wages, 25 @ ave 15k per week is 19.5 million
Therefore 34 million.
People may rubbish it but that’s just my opinion.
Maybe could save 3-6 mill on wages, but that’s the bare minimum.

i think we're in danger of giving the paedo-harbourers too much respect.

£15m should do it. £20m tops and those c*nts can be put squarely back in their box. Remember that they've been largely unimpressive this season, benefitting once again from Rangers being utterly bereft of anything getting close to consistent quality.

as important as transfer budgets is a quality manager.

Back