£40 - £60m required to get us back in the game.

I’d reckon ;
Assemble squad like for like with Timmy.. 15 million.
Squad wages, 25 @ ave 15k per week is 19.5 million
Therefore 34 million.
People may rubbish it but that’s just my opinion.
Maybe could save 3-6 mill on wages, but that’s the bare minimum.
Fair enough.
Manager?

i think we're in danger of giving the paedo-harbourers too much respect.

£15m should do it. £20m tops and those c*nts can be put squarely back in their box. Remember that they've been largely unimpressive this season, benefitting once again from Rangers being utterly bereft of anything getting close to consistent quality.

as important as transfer budgets is a quality manager.

Is that transfer fees and wages?

2m a year for a manager and 10m a year for transfers is currently not feasible imo.

The directors I am sure won't continue with these loans hence they went to chase bros.

They didn't spend anywhere near the above and we were still needing huge cash injections.

Let's use the money we have much more wisely buying players like Docherty and Murphy and over time we will catch them.

People are just gonna have to accept that stopping 10 is unlikely and focus on us not them.

They are getting around 32m for the champions league - So we simply cannot compete financially at present so don't try with quick fixes like Martin and Alves.

Build slowly and carefully for the future and the change will happen.

Kings utter bull$hit about aiming for the league next season is why he should not be our chairman.

It’s my opinion mate. Everyone thought that we were close to them after that and only needed a couple of players to overtake them. Well, what happened there? I’ll stick with what I’m suggesting and that is we need £40 - 60 mill to seriously start competing. You think we’re going to pluck League winning and European ready players out of the air for what we’re paying? You need the reality check.
I need a reality check? What European ready players do they have? They are pumped regularly, and have been very fortunate in the qualifiers. Christ Anderlecht turned them over at the glitterdome. The reason for their resurgence is down to good management and the addition of 3 decent players, not pie in the sky spending. Christ under Advocatt we spent 80 mill and still struggled in Europe.

So would everyone be happy for the board to announce a transfer budget of say £20m? Would that get us back on top?
I’m just looking at how to get above them and give them something to think about and some sort of run in Europe.

So would everyone be happy for the board to announce a transfer budget of say £20m? Would that get us back on top?
I’m just looking at how to get above them and give them something to think about and some sort of run in Europe.
Time is what we need build a side sensibly and compete within our means, the board said it was a five year plan we're 2 in. The stadium is costing more than anticipated.

Theyv
I need a reality check? What European ready players do they have? They are pumped regularly, and have been very fortunate in the qualifiers. Christ Anderlecht turned them over at the glitterdome. The reason for their resurgence is down to good management and the addition of 3 decent players, not pie in the sky spending. Christ under Advocatt we spent 80 mill and still struggled in Europe.
Unfortunately they’ve got a team full of them!
Not brilliant admittedly but experienced.

Time is what we need build a side sensibly and compete within our means, the board said it was a five year plan we're 2 in. The stadium is costing more than anticipated.
You’re happy then to see them continue to dominate and reach ten titles. I’m not and want to get much, much closer to them next season. Sunday hurt me. That’s not my team.

You’re happy then to see them continue to dominate and reach ten titles. I’m not and want to get much, much closer to them next season. Sunday hurt me. That’s not my team.
Couldn't give a flying fuxx about ten! More interested in the big picture and having a well run successful club mate.

Couldn't give a flying fuxx about ten! More interested in the big picture and having a well run successful club mate.
Which is the reason why we’ve clashed.
Rangers not picking up a trophy for two seasons running is beyond belief for me. Can’t see it changing anytime soon either UNLESS there’s huge investment.

Which is the reason why we’ve clashed.
Rangers not picking up a trophy for two seasons running is beyond belief for me. Can’t see it changing anytime soon either UNLESS there’s huge investment.
Fifteen million is a huge investment for us in all honesty, and would get us a lot closer if not surpass them..

15-20 million would be more than adequate! It's getting the right manager in that is paramount.

Edit that.

The problem is decent managers want to know the budget that they have before they came - we have a load of dross to clear out and I am not clear how much money we can spend so its going to be a tough sell.

The problem is decent managers want to know the budget that they have before they came - we have a load of dross to clear out and I am not clear how much money we can spend so its going to be a tough sell.

Your right the level of manager we bring in will determine the level of investment

If it’s a well known manager he would not come in without a sizeable budget. If it is for saying sake someone like Clarke, the investment will be made minimal

I don’t think we’re getting the best out of the players we have. We’d be better getting a solid managerial appointment with a proven track record in getting the best out of players. That way he can trim the squad as he thinks fit and bring in players he knows he can get the best out of.
That would, with the right appointment, be a fraction of the sums quoted in the thread title.

Well we are never getting back in the game then!

The figure is ridiculous however. £10-£15 million, invested properly with a quality manager would have us properly challenging. No question. Given the spend last summer and taking in to account how much Celtic have regressed this season, we should have been challenging this year had we not had 2 absolute numpties occupying the managers office!

2m a year for a manager and 10m a year for transfers is currently not feasible imo.

The directors I am sure won't continue with these loans hence they went to chase bros.

They didn't spend anywhere near the above and we were still needing huge cash injections.

Let's use the money we have much more wisely buying players like Docherty and Murphy and over time we will catch them.

People are just gonna have to accept that stopping 10 is unlikely and focus on us not them.

They are getting around 32m for the champions league - So we simply cannot compete financially at present so don't try with quick fixes like Martin and Alves.

Build slowly and carefully for the future and the change will happen.

Kings utter bull$hit about aiming for the league next season is why he should not be our chairman.

Really good post until the last sentence.

We cannot spend money that we cant earn and don't have. That is what got us into this mess. It has to be steady progress within our means. We need a good manager. if we cant attract a De Boer then go for someone different, I would look for the next up and coming manager and pair him with a sold assistant that knows the club. Somebody like jack Ross that has built a team and secured a promotion. Would not cost the same as an experienced manager but might give us better results.

I always believe in investing in Youth. We spent money this year on Alves and Martin, neither have worked for us. How many times do we need to drink at this well before we learn the water is bad?

We need to build buying wisely and building a team. We are not as far away as Sunday suggests.

Think the OP is on the Loopy Juice.

I’ve got to disagree whether we need £40m+ is debatable but clearly we need a top level manager that won’t be cheap then that manager will need cash. Some for new players some to pay off the Pedro duds. So I’d guess £25m minimum but I don’t see that coming so more mediocrity will be our future unless there is change in either ownership or the make up of the ownership.

Back