£40 million for Jack Grealish!

allygaitken

Is this not the wee fud we tried to sign a few years ago? I mean £40 million? The English tranfer system is royaly screwed if someone is willing to pay that amount for a average player who i doubt would even improve our current team!

The prices down there are extraordinary, to say they are inflated is an understatement.

That said, Grealish is an excellent young player.

Is this not the wee fud we tried to sign a few years ago? I mean £40 million? The English tranfer system is royaly screwed if someone is willing to pay that amount for a average player who i doubt would even improve our current team!

What now? :eek:

He is a good player but that sum is ridiculous, where is this from?

Grealish should be fined that amount alone for the state of his barnet.

jack-grealish-aston-villa1-n.jpg

Good player with lots of potential. Cracking signing for Leicester.

The fee is irrelevant these days, sadly.

Grealish screwed the nut a year or so ago and he’s been excellent. Definite top 6 player and international.

I don’t really know how you compute the difference between 10 million and 40 million at a certain level but Grealish is in that bracket.

He’s a brilliant player who’s had a great season, and will without doubt move to the premier league, but £40m is silly money.

As someone who follows Aston Villa, he is a very talented young man. If he wants he can have a wonderful career at the highest level.

He breezes past players like they are not there and once he gets going only fouling him will stop him. In that regard, he's very similar to Hazard.

Pretty sure he was the most fouled player in the championship last year.

Reactions: TQ3
He had a decent season but if hes going for 40 million then how much will sessegnon go for he was outstanding last season

Your post is as embarrassing as the £40m price tag.

Cannot remember us being linked with him.
Whats he done to be called a wee fud?
He is actually a really really good young player.
He would be first name on the team sheet if he signed for us.

But its not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

Leicester are putting in a £25m bid for Patrick Roberts, according to my Man City supporting colleague. Fucking laughable.

While £40 million is a fortune for a championship player, there are clubs who have the means and are willing to pay for it. Players are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I wonder what the current record is for a championship player? I remember Middlesbrough and Wolves spending around £15million on a player last year.

He had a decent season but if hes going for 40 million then how much will sessegnon go for he was outstanding last season

The rumours are they are saying £100 million to anyone contacting them.

I think as well people forget you've got to have some many England players in your squad, so for the Premier League clubs, buying young English players will always costs that much more.

£40 million should get you the best in the world! Its only in England from another English club that you have to spend this amount for what appears to be a half decent player! Can you even begin to imagine how much paul Gascoigne or Laudrup would be worth these days?

Grealish has talent but he’s everything I dislike about the modern game...
Feigning injury, sly digs at opposition players always moaning to the ref.
Oh and his haircut...

Your post is as embarrassing as the £40m price tag.

Cannot remember us being linked with him.
Whats he done to be called a wee fud?
He is actually a really really good young player.
He would be first name on the team sheet if he signed for us.

But its not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

Right you are- its just a turn of phrase! Sorry if I offended you

Seems he has matured this season under the guidance of John Terry and has started to fulfil his early promise. £40 million is a hell of a lot of money but I would imagine that Villa won't be short of takers on him ... be interesting to see if one of the top 6 take a wee punt.

The prices for players esp in England are not even funny anymore. Alderweireld at Spurs, they are talking over £50 mill for a 29 yr old, players from teams relegated from epl are being touted for over £20 mill. And abroad, Bayern are wanting £80 mill+ for lewandowski who is near 30 and Liverpool are after Roma goalkeeper Allisson but will have to stump up over £70 mill to get him

A wee fud and wouldn't improve our team ? wow you cant be serious he would be the best player in the league never mind our team.

The prices for players esp in England are not even funny anymore. Alderweireld at Spurs, they are talking over £50 mill for a 29 yr old, players from teams relegated from epl are being touted for over £20 mill. And abroad, Bayern are wanting £80 mill+ for lewandowski who is near 30 and Liverpool are after Roma goalkeeper Allisson but will have to stump up over £70 mill to get him
West Ham want a minimum of £50M for Amoutovich.

£40 million should get you the best in the world! Its only in England from another English club that you have to spend this amount for what appears to be a half decent player! Can you even begin to imagine how much paul Gascoigne or Laudrup would be worth these days?
Real Madrid paid £38m to the Brazilian club Flamengo for a 16 year old last year.

Grealish is a good player, and £40 million is crazy but that's the English football market for you.

England is certainly responsible for the escalation of fees. Madrid have paid top dollar for top players but this kind of move in Spain would be for £5m.

Back