£40 million for Jack Grealish!

Could be eventually. 40 million down there is just taking a punt. He's young so any success at all gets them their money back.

Perhaps but only due to the further escalation of fees. He is a good player but not the next Ronaldo or Messi. £40m is way too much and I hope they don't get it. This is an amount of money that would more than buy Rangers for a player who has largely only played in the lower leagues. Disgusting.

Grealish should be fined that amount alone for the state of his barnet.

jack-grealish-aston-villa1-n.jpg
Oh that’s who he is...shambles of a haircut

England is certainly responsible for the escalation of fees. Madrid have paid top dollar for top players but this kind of move in Spain would be for £5m.
Sky is responsible if you’re looking for a root cause. Hope that bunch of arseholes go down the pan. On their way already I suspect... no CL, no EL, no La Liga, only some of the EPL and Scottish matches.

Perhaps but only due to the further escalation of fees. He is a good player but not the next Ronaldo or Messi. £40m is way too much and I hope they don't get it. This is an amount of money that would more than buy Rangers for a player who has largely only played in the lower leagues. Disgusting.

It's England. It's what you pay for half decent. For me Lukaku could not have laced Hateleys boots and he cost God knows how much.

Sky is responsible if you’re looking for a root cause. Hope that bunch of arseholes go down the pan. On their way already I suspect... no CL, no EL, no La Liga, only some of the EPL and Scottish matches.
I think they and BT have overstretched themselves and it will lead the way for new companies, perhaps Google, Microsoft, etc?

I am not a fan of streaming, the picture is never as good and I have Virgin fibre, so serious work needs to be done before it becomes the sole platform.

Boy has talent ... no doubt about that.

But 40m is crazy talk saying that English player going from one English club to another is always mental money (see Andy Carroll etc for details)

Shambles when a player is given that price tag and you need to Google to see who he is.

Decent player. Yes.

Crazy money. Yes.

English football is nuts in terms of transfer fees.

Listening to talksport earlier they had a football money “expert” on who was predicting that Villa could go the way of Sunderland. They failed to get promoted back up when their revenue included £34m of EPL parachute payments (which accounted for 50% of their total revenue). That parachute payment is apparently “only” £15m this year. One of the reasons Terry has left as they can’t afford his wages. And probably why they will put a ridiculous fee on Grealish to help plug the revenue gap.

That said, Cardiff managed to get promoted on a relative pittance in terms of squad and wages, with some experienced astute management and no f*** given in terms of football style. So it is possible.

£30 million for Windass please! If this type of cash is now the going rate down south!
The English market offers by far the worst value anywhere to buy from.
Given our proximity we should buy players from anywhere EXCEPT England, but then sell to England for a whacking great profit.
£40 million would buy is a full team that we would win the league with!

BTW OP, the lad is a cracking player, and now that he appears to have settled down, I expect him to go on to better things.

Reactions: TQ3
Crazy and sickening to see an average player probably worth more than our football club.

Cracking player, the fee I’m not so sure about but if a club is willing to pay that amount then I guess he’s worth it.

Grealish is an outstanding talent. He is a better player than Villa deserve and he should be playing in the EPL.

It's crazy to say that £40 million is nothing nowadays in the EPL.

His comments about Ray Wilkins were fantastic as well.

Not worth 40m yet but he will be if he keeps progressing the way he is. Anyone who says he wouldnt improve our team clearly dont watch Villa on a regular basis. JG is a very good player

What a player he is. Love watching him. Keep his head screwed on and he is going to be a top star. A genuine entertainer.

It's all relative in England. £40m is no longer a big deal really. Yes it's mental money compared to most nations, but it is what it is.

The sheer amount of the TV deal ensures that everything will be inflated in England.

He is a quality talent. If you compare him with Ross Barkley there's a massive difference between them.

I've never heard of him to be honest, my interest in Football these days doesn't stretch beyond Rangers.

£40mill for an English Championship player is mind boggling.

I was listening to Talksport last night around 11.50pm and they had a reporter on talking about possible transfers from the continent into the EPL during the summer. It was £50 million for some centre half I had never heard of and £80 million not being enough for Bayern to sell Lewandowski to Chelsea. It is just crazy money down there. The sooner that bubble bursts down there the better it will be for the entire game and every football fan.

Hopefully Villa fancy Windass as a replacement LOL. They could sell Grealish and buy Windass for your £30m and be £10m to the good. Bargain!

Grealish is a very decent player.

There's not much to choose between them to be honest, they are both soft as shit with dreadful application.

I was never that impressed when he first appeared, but actually this season he has matured and has led Villas attacks consistently.
£40m is a big tag but a drop in the ocean for EPL teams, and being English will add value to any top EPL club due to the quota of English players.
Good luck to him if he gets a big move.

Is this not the wee fud we tried to sign a few years ago? I mean £40 million? The English tranfer system is royaly screwed if someone is willing to pay that amount for a average player who i doubt would even improve our current team!

Saw him last week in the playoff v fulham, he was absolutely rank, a totally selfish player who seemed to think that game was all about him rather than trying to get promotion.

Your post is as embarrassing as the £40m price tag.

Cannot remember us being linked with him.
Whats he done to be called a wee fud?
He is actually a really really good young player.
He would be first name on the team sheet if he signed for us.
But its not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

lolz.......

Your post is as embarrassing as the £40m price tag.

Cannot remember us being linked with him.
Whats he done to be called a wee fud?
He is actually a really really good young player.
He would be first name on the team sheet if he signed for us.

But its not worth anywhere near that kind of money.
You'd play him in goals?
Feck me, he's nowhere near as good as Foderingham or Alnwick.

I for one am happy the English league is fucking itself over. We shop in deffernt market (Morelos/Finland) buy cheap, sell to England high. Repeat process...We make money. Hapy days for Rangers.

Is this not the wee fud we tried to sign a few years ago? I mean £40 million? The English tranfer system is royaly screwed if someone is willing to pay that amount for a average player who i doubt would even improve our current team!

The most second tier footballer you'll ever see.

Loads of skill, %^*& all concept of teamwork, and plays his own game with little end result.

If Alex Ferguson could have got him as a teenager he could have been a big player

Back