£50 transaction to Rangers FC today

FathersAdvice

Just noticed a £50 transaction to Rangers FC today on my bank account and can’t think what it would be for, although I am assuming it is for MYGERS and there is some sort of continuous MYGERS transaction every year? Anyone else?

I'm sure a short thread popped up on this sort of thing.;) OP, did you check your Inbox, or probably more relevant, your Junk Mail folder?

Yeah, not really complaining as I want to contribute to the club, just seems weird to pay 30 pounds for a month and a half then 50 for a year.
None of my business but why did you wait until Feb to join? Could either have joined last Summer, and got the full year out of it, or waited until this Summer to join and saved £50.

That’s not a criticism in any way but, joining in Feb, it was inevitable the renewal would come around sooner rather than later. Though I do agree, it’s spectacularly early!

Its great that, as an overseas fan, you have put some cash into the Club.

Last edited:
Pretty comprehensive guide to the scheme here-

Supposedly if you have been grassed into wearing a Turkey top or participating in the purchase or punting fake Rangers gear on Facebook you will be ordered a £50 fine from the club and -50 mygers points removed.

None of my business but why did you wait until Feb to join? Could either have joined last Summer, and got the full year out of it, or waited until this Summer to join and saved £50.

That’s not a criticism in any way but, joining in Feb, it was inevitable the renewal would come around sooner rather than later. Though I do agree, it’s spectacularly early!

Its great that, as an overseas fan, you have put some cash into the Club.
Yeah, as Roadrunner said, I didn't realize it didn't just renew on your join anniversary. Not a big deal really.

As far as why I waited, I tried to join the fall but kept running into issues that the staff couldn't really resolve for me. When they did respond, I didn't really get on it again until February.

I actually just arrived in the UK in September after 40+ years in the US. Had tried joining from there but then thought better of it since all my bank info and personal info would be changing once I moved.

Yeah, as Roadrunner said, I didn't realize it didn't just renew on your join anniversary. Not a big deal really.

As far as why I waited, I tried to join the fall but kept running into issues that the staff couldn't really resolve for me. When they did respond, I didn't really get on it again until February.

I actually just arrived in the UK in September after 40+ years in the US. Had tried joining from there but then thought better of it since all my bank info and personal info would be changing once I moved.
Welcome home.:) I just assumed from your username you were still out in Kentucky ha ha. Hopefully you get back to Ibrox at some point.

Last edited:
Welcome home.:) I just assumed form your username you were still out in Kentucky ha ha. Hopefully you get back to Ibrox at some point.
Thanks! I fear it will be a while before I am in Ibrox considering the crowd allowances will be limited at first and I'll be at the end of a very long waiting list!!

COVID has certainly put a huge damper on my first six months here! I was able to enjoy a few games in Leighton Buzzard with some fellow Bears before the second lockdown but I'm lucky I'm kind of a loner or this would have been a very trying time for me!

I'm actually looking at renting a camper van in mid May to drive up for any celebration we may have around the last day of the season! Guess I'll be in St. George's square that day.

Thanks! I fear it will be a while before I am in Ibrox considering the crowd allowances will be limited at first and I'll be at the end of a very long waiting list!!

COVID has certainly put a huge damper on my first six months here! I was able to enjoy a few games in Leighton Buzzard with some fellow Bears before the second lockdown but I'm lucky I'm kind of a loner or this would have been a very trying time for me!

I'm actually looking at renting a camper van in mid May to drive up for any celebration we may have around the last day of the season! Guess I'll be in St. George's square that day.
When did you last manage to a game KYB out of interest? 40 years in Kentucky I don’t imagine you got to many.

Next season when we are allowed back give me a message and I’ll sort you out with a ticket for game.

When did you last manage to a game KYB out of interest? 40 years in Kentucky I don’t imagine you got to many.

Next season when we are allowed back give me a message and I’ll sort you out with a ticket for game.
1999, the game against the scum when the Hammer took a few teeth out of Lambert's mouth! What a game to go to, back and forth and win it in the end. I was lucky to get a voucher minutes before KO from a guy walking up to Ibrox who said his pal was back at the flat pissed!

Before that it was a game against the scum in '73 or '74 probably with my dad when I was 7 or 8. He knew the secretary so we actually went into the dressing room and met the team. I'm sure I was over the moon but don't really remember it.

I went up to Toronto one year in the late '80's I believe when Jock Wallace was still the manager and saw them play a couple games up there. Other than that I've just follow followed from afar! Newspapers scoured for scores, Shoot magazines sent by my Nanna, then the internet when it came around.

One of the main reasons I came back is to be able to go to real football matches again and here we are in lockdown!! 55 was worth it though, a week or two after I turned 55.

That would be amazing if you could find me a ticket at some point Defoe! I would owe you a pint or 30!! lol

Nobody would admit to coming from Kirkcaldy. :eek: Louisville, Kentucky though - now there’s a tale I guess.
Yes, Louisville. Arrived the day of a massive storm that wiped out half the city. Tornadoes swept through the mid-west the day we arrived and the day after.

If you've ever been near a tornado, it is terrifying although we didn't know it at the time! It gets really calm and quiet and the sky is a grey overcast. We all thought it was a beautiful day as it reminded us of Glasgow without the rain!

2 parents and 4 kids piled in the car to go see our new house. We drove through the neighborhood and wondered why there was no-one out on the streets, no children playing. 15 mins after we drove away it ripped through that neighborhood! What a welcome!!

When do we see the points updated ?
Will this take into account the new season tickets ?

Back