£55 Erskine?

shug1971

Just a thought. We would all spend a few quid in the pub when it happens, would be a great gesture to donate £55 to said institution if affordable?

Just a thought. We would all spend a few quid in the pub when it happens, would be a great gesture to donate £55 to said institution if affordable?
I think you are asking a lot mate looking for £55.
Why not an affordable amount? Eg £5.55 ?

You have a realistic chance of getting that.
£55 is a huge ask.
I'm sure they will be grateful for either.

Fair play - i'll be doing this.

I'm sure they will be grateful for either.

Fair play - i'll be doing this.
I’m not tech savvy so was hoping someone would do the business on that side of it. Donated the last time there was a link on here, let’s be honest we would blow a fortune in the pub (understandably) on Sunday or whenever it is. Couldn’t think of a better cause to give it to instead.

I’m not tech savvy so was hoping someone would do the business on that side of it. Donated the last time there was a link on here, let’s be honest we would blow a fortune in the pub (understandably) on Sunday or whenever it is. Couldn’t think of a better cause to give it to instead.

Good that its in your thoughts man - :)

There has been a worldwide pandemic, massive associated economic uncertainty and people are living on a fixed income in an unprecedented manner. Asking people to donate over £50 in those circumstances seems a tad tone deaf at best, downright stupid at worst.
Oh ok mate I’m still furloughed myself. Fair enough if those of us can’t it’s those of us who can I was thinking of. Was just a thought no need for the insults. It’s not a tax it’s an idea to raise money for a cause most of us care about. Chill out

I think you are asking a lot mate looking for £55.
Why not an affordable amount? Eg £5.55 ?

You have a realistic chance of getting that.
£55 is a huge ask.
Jesus I’m not asking for anything. Something I thought would be a good fundraiser that’s all. No one has to donate a penny ffs. I’m completely aware of the situation a lot of us are in believe me.

Jesus I’m not asking for anything. Something I thought would be a good fundraiser that’s all. No one has to donate a penny ffs. I’m completely aware of the situation a lot of us are in believe me.
Calm down. Im not dismissing the idea. I support it. I'm saying you have more chance of success if your suggestion wasn't mentioning £55.

Calm down. Im not dismissing the idea. I support it. I'm saying you have more chance of success if your suggestion wasn't mentioning £55.
Ok fair enough it was just a number that came to mind. I’m sure even 55p would be welcome. Was imagining how much I would spend in the pub celebrating that’s all I didn’t want to make anyone feel that they should or feel bad if they couldn’t. Most of us are struggling including myself so I’m not out of touch.

Ok fair enough it was just a number that came to mind. I’m sure even 55p would be welcome. Was imagining how much I would spend in the pub celebrating that’s all I didn’t want to make anyone feel that they should or feel bad if they couldn’t. Most of us are struggling including myself so I’m not out of touch.
It's a great idea to generate something and playing on 55 catches the spirit. I'd happily donate to any fund raising.

Reactions: WBD
There has been a worldwide pandemic, massive associated economic uncertainty and people are living on a fixed income in an unprecedented manner. Asking people to donate over £50 in those circumstances seems a tad tone deaf at best, downright stupid at worst.

Calling a fellow fan "downright stupid" or "tone deaf" for suggesting some of us donate money to charity?

If my coupon comes in £55 will go straight to them, if not a smaller donation will be made :)
Fair play OP it's a good point and says a lot it's in your thoughts today of all days.

Tone deaf? Eh

Back