£600,000 - What Murty has spent since taking over as manager

Murty is lucky Pedro sorted out Warburton's mess, if we kept him after Warburton left we would be struggling to be top six.

He’s not s a football manager. Literally he isn’t, he’s a youth coach. I am thankful for his efforts, he’s sorted out a mess Pedro left and well done to that. But we need as good a manager as we can get.

This small time bollocks of “as long as were second” can gtf too.

Because he coached youth players, he can`t progress to being a full time manager? Now, that`s what I call bollocks! I predicted on here last week that if we lost today, the `Murty out` brigade would come out of hiding and you confirmed my suspicions. Incidentally, nobody, and certainly not me, is suggesting that second is good enough, but from his starting point at Christmas, aiming for a second place finish in the league was a realistic target for Murty, and I believe that`s what the board asked him to do. Financially, we remain light years behind Celtic and although that doesn`t mean we can`t overtake them, it certainly needs to be recognised. Murty has done an excellent job so far and there`s no doubt we have progressed more in his short time at the helm than at any time since Walter was in charge. I think you and others like you need a reality check, because we can`t afford a top drawer manager and none of them are knocking down the door at Ibrox for the job anyway. Give Murty a break and get behind him and the team, at least until the end of the season, and let`s see where we are then.

Aye and if murty employed the same tactics as Kilmarnock do people would still want him sacked anyway.
The point was to show that a manager can make a difference no matter what his budget is. This thread was to point out murty has had 600k .
Ignoring that he has been in charge over some quite horrendous results.

We lost today to a better team with a more experienced manager yet the main damage was done when we didn’t take our chances and didn’t make changes when necessary.

Bates going off injured was a great blow to us and a huge lift for them.

Morelos missed ‘that’ sitter but, yet again he failed to find the net when one on one with their keeper. He needs to do better although his ‘pitch geography’ is very good. Did I actually use that phrase ???

Murty failed to take the game by the balls and make substitutions when needed.

We are paying the price when it matters to allow a coach learn to become a manager.

Are we actually that far away ? Do we stick or twist ?

We could end up with another Warburton or Pedro.

Tough call .......

Because he coached youth players, he can`t progress to being a full time manager? Now, that`s what I call bollocks! I predicted on here last week that if we lost today, the `Murty out` brigade would come out of hiding and you confirmed my suspicions. Incidentally, nobody, and certainly not me, is suggesting that second is good enough, but from his starting point at Christmas, aiming for a second place finish in the league was a realistic target for Murty, and I believe that`s what the board asked him to do. Financially, we remain light years behind Celtic and although that doesn`t mean we can`t overtake them, it certainly needs to be recognised. Murty has done an excellent job so far and there`s no doubt we have progressed more in his short time at the helm than at any time since Walter was in charge. I think you and others like you need a reality check, because we can`t afford a top drawer manager and none of them are knocking down the door at Ibrox for the job anyway. Give Murty a break and get behind him and the team, at least until the end of the season, and let`s see where we are then.
Calm down petal. It’s less “Murty oot” and more “proper manager please”.

I’m tired of us letting people “have a shot” as manager. He isn’t one. All the rah-rah give him time stuff wont change it.

Knew we were going to concede another after that red, we inevitably pressed and they exposed us.

That's no reason to write Murty off. We have improved under him and will continue to do so.

A monkey could have improved us after the shit we have had to endure over recent times, don't let that get in the way of your faux praise over our youth coach

He also said a 1 nil defeat (Sutton goal )was worse than the 5 1 game last year

Sometimes our club fucks up...admitting this doesn't mean chapel on a Sunday

No he never you fcukin liar, I'll b in CD6 next week row G I'll give you seat number by PM if any of you two wise guys want to come say hello to my face ya pair of pricks.

No he never you fcukin liar, I'll b in CD6 next week row G I'll give you seat number by PM if any of you two wise guys want to come say hello to my face ya pair of pricks.
You said that felt worse?
You're basically our version of a 90s mentally challengeds....nae harm lad but sometimes you need to call shite as it is

What Murty has spent since taking over as manager.

He's has to rebuild the centre half and midfield pairings.

It's probably worth remembering how much Walter spend on his return to win the league.

Just saying........

With Marin, Goss, Murphy and Cummings on loan.

Martin valued at £1.5 million,
Goss on here according to some a bargain at £4million
Murphy we couldn't afford the £1.5 million up front
Cummings valued at £1 million plus so if we had bought these players well in excess of what Pedro signed,

Just saying.

What Murty has spent since taking over as manager.

He's has to rebuild the centre half and midfield pairings.

It's probably worth remembering how much Walter spend on his return to win the league.

Just saying........
Don't like losing to that scum but I said to the wife this morning if it was a choice of winning only one, the league game or the cup game I'd go for the cup game. Hopefully win that and then beat them in their hovel after the break.

You said that felt worse?
You're basically our version of a 90s mentally challengeds....nae harm lad but sometimes you need to call shite as it is

No I said any defeat to them felt the same,

my inbox is empty keyboard warrior.

I've called it, Murty is shite, but he has more balls than you, only a 19th Century Terrorist apologist wouldn't want change and be scared in case we got closer to them.

Any defeat to them is sore, having them on the ropes and not having the balls to finish them off, is that acceptable to you.

You pop up on every thread trolling, have you ever been to a game in your life ?

If so where is it you sit ?
Trolling? Look at the pollution you spread on here. Claiming Murty spent as much as Pedro. Amazing.

OK mate we can meet up then. :D I’ll be giving your carer a bollocking for your high jinks on here though. Senderos, Herrera, Pedro, Peña, Cardoso.... A foreign man gives you an erection I guess. Fair play.

Over and out angry man. No chance you’re genuine.

Trolling? Look at the pollution you spread on here. Claiming Murty spent as much as Pedro. Amazing.

OK mate we can meet up then. :D I’ll be giving your carer a bollocking for your high jinks on here though. Senderos, Herrera, Pedro, Peña, Cardoso.... A foreign man gives you an erection I guess. Fair play.

Over and out angry man. No chance you’re genuine.

You just have to push the button smart guy, send the PM then you will see who is genuine.

Me and angrybluebear are going to the pictures on Sunday.

Should I question why he told me to go for a spray

No I said any defeat to them felt the same,

my inbox is empty keyboard warrior.

I've called it, Murty is shite, but he has more balls than you, only a 19th Century Terrorist apologist wouldn't want change and be scared in case we got closer to them.

Any defeat to them is sore, having them on the ropes and not having the balls to finish them off, is that acceptable to you.
Mate the only thing certain is you like boys with a tan.

I spent years laughing at 90s mentally challengeds
Hate seeing bears lost

The 15k a week and 1.5m fee we spent on garbage like Herrera should go towards a manager.

We're 3 or 4 players away from genuinely competing

Yes we are, against the present Bheast side.

What if though, we have given them a wake up call and they invest in a new central defence during the off season? We would no longer be close to competing.

We had an opportunity to claw them back to three points today, it was pretty much imperative we beat them, we didn't. Now it's paved the way for 7iar.
Large investment by them in the summer sets them up for 8iar.
Today was an absolute fůcking disaster.

What is a "proper manager"?

If it's an experienced manager then the ones we can afford have all been found out. They're available because they aren't very good.

The good ones are going to EPL on wages that dwarf our transfer budget. And they still lose games. Because players make mistakes.

Rogers didn't stay unbeaten for ages because he's a great manager. He did it because he has more better players than everyone else. Murty loses games because his squad still contains a load of guys who aren't good enough. The squad is improving so we're losing less and winning more.

For all the criticism of where Murty got it wrong today I haven't heard one coherent argument of a better alternative than the side he picked. Can he conjure up another CB when Bates goes off? Was there a guy sitting on the bench who could have given us Windass' attacking threat but still make up the man shortage and be a physical presence in midfield. The bheggars have 2 players like that (Armstrong and Rogic). We don't have any.

He could have changed the shape totally - played a much more negative game and you'd be calling for his head anyway.
Good post mate.
We have Dorrans, McCrorie and Jack all out, all three would have been starting or on the bench.
We lost Martin during the week and lost Bates in the early part of the game.
Morelos missed a sitter and missed a one on one when he probably should have scored both.
Yet Murty isn't good enough and the Filth beat us easily.

You could tell the story of the match in any manner of ways, to suit any agenda.
The truth is, it was a Rangers Filth fixture that was much like most, small margins and turning points that could have gone either way.

The only new thing in the mix today is that one side went into the match with years of unearned advantages over the other that were unique in the history of the fixture.
The irony is that this dynamic is ignored or lost in the rush to condemn the side that didn't have those advantages.

Good post mate.
We have Dorrans, McCrorie and Jack all out, all three would have been starting or on the bench.
We lost Martin during the week and lost Bates in the early part of the game.
Morelos missed a sitter and missed a one on one when he probably should have scored both.
Yet Murty isn't good enough and the Filth beat us easily.

You could tell the story of the match in any manner of ways, to suit any agenda.
The truth is, it was a Rangers Filth fixture that was much like most, small margins and turning points that could have gone either way.

The only new thing in the mix today is that one side went into the match with years of unearned advantages over the other that were unique in the history of the fixture.
The irony is that this dynamic is ignored or lost in the rush to condemn the side that didn't have those advantages.
Your last paragraph is spot on. 55 will be the best ever league win for Rangers. No doubt about that.

With Marin, Goss, Murphy and Cummings on loan.

Martin valued at £1.5 million,
Goss on here according to some a bargain at £4million
Murphy we couldn't afford the £1.5 million up front
Cummings valued at £1 million plus so if we had bought these players well in excess of what Pedro signed,

Just saying.
Don't think Goss is a bargain at £4 m , said as much in the thread on it.

What he will be , should we want him , is rated at an over inflated price given the league he is playing in is awash with cash .

Against a team that have spent about 100 times what he has had to spend......

Just saying
I get your point but there's no way they've spent £60 million.

If you take what they've made in sales as well with players over the years, the net spend won't be high at all. They just got £6 or £7 million from VVD as well.

Don't think Goss is a bargain at £4 m , said as much in the thread on it.

What he will be , should we want him , is rated at an over inflated price given the league he is playing in is awash with cash .
Goss was bought for 600k. Anyone saying he would be a bargain at 4m needs sectioned. We would probably get him for just over a million.

I agree it was a desperate gamble by the board at the time. I hope they have someone decent lined up for the summer.
No harm to Murty, he stood up when asked and that takes balls, but the Rangers manager’s job shouldn’t be one to cut your teeth in.

Souness cut his managerial teeth with us having had zero experience in the dugout beforehand.

So we need to get rid of Murty to appoint a "proper manager" and "experienced manager" because "Rangers is not a club to learn your trade at" this seems the gist of this thread. Not saying by any means Murty is in the same class as these guys but what managerial experience did Souness and Smith have before taking the Ibrox job?

This is your answer.

An experienced manager would have made a positive sub at the sending off to win the game.

An experienced manager would not constantly play a formation with 2 wide players and the luxury that is Windass. An experienced manager knows you need to win midfield battle to win the game.
What about Jimmy Nic has he not seen this situation before

Calm down petal. It’s less “Murty oot” and more “proper manager please”.

I’m tired of us letting people “have a shot” as manager. He isn’t one. All the rah-rah give him time stuff wont change it.[/QUOT

Oh, I can assure you, I`m calm, just pissed off listening to the gloom and doom merchants telling us what is wrong, but offering no solutions, so, since you`re such an authority on football management, why don`t you share with all of us less informed beings, your choice of manager, bearing in mind it has to be someone we can afford and who would be prepared to come to Scotland. Oh, and don`t suggest Steve Clarke - you`ve already ruled him out because he`s a former youth coach!

Back