£600k Docherty!

Docherty can improve further. A really good buy. He will have his off days as against hamilton, but can't wait to see what he develops into. Some start, very impressive.

Perhaps we'll not turn up our noses at players because they play for lesser Scottish teams.
Totally agree mucker,, scottish football DOES have talent, id much rather have a young player from a st johnstone than an unknown foreigner who doesnt get our game or club. And if hes a Gers fan too thats an added bonus ...MA and GM really deserve a pat on the back for the transfer window weve weve just had

If the sky is the limit, why are there footsteps on the moon?
Only kidding, mate.
Docherty was as good last night as he’d been on Saturday.
Has hit the ground running and looks to be an outstanding signing.
He’ll go as far as he wants, hopefully not before achieving everything he can with Rangers.

Whether we Gers.fans want him to play for Scotland or not is debateable in my opinion, but in saying that i think he can become an outstanding midfielder for years to come playing for the Gers.

I posted a thread when the Mc Innes proposed move fell through expressing my relief and hoping the money saved would be put to good use in the transfer market...pleased to report a positive outcome in that regard.

The pass he hit for Murphys goal v Hearts was almost as good as the Windass at St Johnstone pass.

To execute those kind of passes twice in a very short time shows that it was no fluke. Not only does the boy has the vision to see those passes, he also has the skill to deliver them with pinpoint accuracy.

This boy is some footballer.

We got a real bargain here.
G D has settled in very well and has improved the team no end.
Will only get better as he gains more experience.
A Quality player in the making.
The Blue shirt fits him very well + he loves the opportunity he has been given.

The excellent form Docherty has shown since moving to Rangers from Hamilton, is probably down to the fact that he is now playing with a better class of player thus enabling the talent that was there to begin with come to the fore.

I think something similar would be the case with Jordan Jones who I hope we sign in the summer.

Is there a sell on clause?

I do like him but he can frustrate also with some basic misplaced passes however it's early days and you can see he's setting nicely.

Interested to see where Dorrans fits in to the side...

The excellent form Docherty has shown since moving to Rangers from Hamilton, is probably down to the fact that he is now playing with a better class of player thus enabling the talent that was there to begin with come to the fore.

I think something similar would be the case with Jordan Jones who I hope we sign in the summer.

A few people have pointed that out to me that when they saw him play at Hamilton they thought he was a stand out.
He has certainly adapted here very well quickly and looking forward to see him continuing to improve.

That is a good shout regarding J J.
He has an eye for scoring thats for sure.
His goal on Saturday was a real peach.

For me, he's a followfollow signing. Never knew much about him, everyone on here was raving about the young lad, now I see why. So he's a followfollow singing. Some clever cookies on this forum.

Greg Docherty should be the model for future signings. Young, Scottish, enormous potential, the right temperament and a Bear to boot. There must be more like him out there.

One of the things we couldn't do well but Celtic could was buy good-but-cheap players, who then excelled in Scotland or were sold on for a big profit.

After Warburton and Caixinha wasted a lot of money it was crucial we spent wisely and we've done that.

We have a very good, young side with a lot of sell-on potential. Hopefully we keep the squad together, win the league (1-3 seasons time) and begin another era of dominance!

What a good signing he has been , A blind man can see the quality he possesses . He's hit the ground running and is going to be a major asset for us in the years to come .
The fact he is one of us , living the dream really makes this guy quite special. Early days but he has the potential to be a Rangers great.

Here's the full move for that goal .... a thing of beauty.

Superb.

That's two superb team goals finished off by Windass (forget the game the last one was scored in, a few weeks ago)

A lesson for young players:

Be patient, play the sideways or backward passes if nothing is on (forget the moaners at Ibrox), make the opposition chase the ball and an opportunity/through ball will eventually present itself.

With the quality we have in midfield and attack we'll destroy teams if we stick to this plan.

Superb.

That's two superb team goals finished off by Windass (forget the game the last one was scored in, a few weeks ago)

A lesson for young players:

Be patient, play the sideways or backward passes if nothing is on (forget the moaners at Ibrox), make the opposition chase the ball and an opportunity/through ball will eventually present itself.

With the quality we have in midfield and attack we'll destroy teams if we stick to this plan.

We’ve been an absolute joy to watch going forward lately

Looking forward to young Greg and Goss putting Lego muncher back in his place next Sunday

Somebody said last night we are light weight in midfield. This boy is a unit feck knows what game they are watching.

Totally agree mucker,, scottish football DOES have talent, id much rather have a young player from a st johnstone than an unknown foreigner who doesnt get our game or club. And if hes a Gers fan too thats an added bonus ...MA and GM really deserve a pat on the back for the transfer window weve weve just had

You get unknown foreigners with talent who 'get' the Club too. Who had ever heard of Daniel Candeias? Yet he's been excellent for us.

Stephen Craigan last night banging on about how Goss and Docherty is a lightweight midfield, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Docherty looks strong. I wasn't surprised to read he'd almost made the 400 metre sprint GB team; he is built like a sprinter, very strong. And when you're as naturally talented as Goss, you don't need to be a unit, because his ability means opponents can't get near him.

Last edited:
I think the price was put up a bit but maybe not.

Just what a couple of mates reckoned.
We could have got him for a development fee ( around £140K about 18 months ago ) but 'the best in the business' either never checked him out or thought he wasn't good enough.
Maybe worked out for the best as he is now ready to be a first team start

I posted a thread when the Mc Innes proposed move fell through expressing my relief and hoping the money saved would be put to good use in the transfer market...pleased to report a positive outcome in that regard.
Believe it or not McInnes never fancied him as a player

We could have got him for a development fee ( around £140K about 18 months ago ) but 'the best in the business' either never checked him out or thought he wasn't good enough.
Maybe worked out for the best as he is now ready to be a first team start
Cheers for that. May be thst is what they meant thkugh i thought they meant the price suddendly went up when we bought him.

Cheers for that. May be thst is what they meant thkugh i thought they meant the price suddendly went up when we bought him.
As far as I am led to believe Hamilton were decent to deal with and knew he wanted to come to us and treated him fairly
I ran a night with Graeme Souness and Greg came with his dad so he could meet Souness and Richard Gough. He has been to couple of our Q and A's, boy is not a drinker and an athlete. I think he could become a great player for us.
As a wee bit of trivia, he is called after The Greatest Ever Ranger

I seen this earlier.
I like the lad a lot, clearly enjoying his opportunity.

As far as I am led to believe Hamilton were decent to deal with and knew he wanted to come to us and treated him fairly
I ran a night with Graeme Souness and Greg came with his dad so he could meet Souness and Richard Gough. He has been to couple of our Q and A's, boy is not a drinker and an athlete. I think he could become a great player for us.
As a wee bit of trivia, he is called after The Greatest Ever Ranger
He is a great player and what you posted above makes me believe in him even more.

Top attitude for a player to have.

I was chatting with an Accies fan mate of mine this morning and he is 100% certain we raped them getting Greg so cheap :D

Is there a sell on clause?

I do like him but he can frustrate also with some basic misplaced passes however it's early days and you can see he's setting nicely.

Interested to see where Dorrans fits in to the side...

He doesn’t

He hasn’t performed to the standard of Goss or Docherty before the injury

Back