£6m bid for Morelos rejected??

Garthamlockbear

Reports on foreign sports newspaper, that we have rejected a £6m bid from an unnamed Chinese team for Alfredo.

If true thoughts on this bears? Personally I get the feeling he is itching to move but i'd be looking to see if that offer could be increased to say £8m, then I think we would accept that bid.

The article is on The Sun online.

Not gonna post the link cause it’s The Sun but it’s there.

Reports on foreign sports newspaper, that we have rejected a £6m bid from an unnamed Chinese team for Alfredo.

If true thoughts on this bears? Personally I get the feeling he is itching to move but i'd be looking to see if that offer could be increased to say £8m, then I think we would accept that bid.

Nothing in the Turkish report that says it's a new bid.

I’ll copy and paste instead

MORE MONEY Alfredo Morelos’ Rangers future – Turkish media claim £6million bid from ‘unnamed Chinese club’ has priced Fenerbahce out of running

The report comes a day after reports in Turkey said a delegation from the Champions League side would travel to Glasgow for talks with Gers chiefs

By Gary Taylor

14th June 2018, 12:16 pm

Updated: 14th June 2018, 12:17 pm

FENERBAHCE have been priced out of a move for Alfredo Morelos by a Chinese side’s £6million bid, according to reports in Turkey.

Sports newspaper Fanatik claims Rangers have rejected the unnamed club’s offer and are holding out for more money.

Morelos was nominated for PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year last season

The report comes a day after news outlet Yeni Akit said a delegation from the Champions League side would travel to Glasgow for talks with Gers chiefs.

Fenerbahce – who recently appointed ex-Spurs and Liverpool chief Damien Comolli as the club’s director of football – are being monitored by Uefa over Financial Fair Play.

The Fanatik article said: “Both president Ali Koc and the sporting director Comolli stated that they would not go too far with spending and that the high-price transfers in the media were not much appreciated.”

It added: “Conditions will not be compromised.”

Yeni Akit yesterday claimed Gers and Fenerbahce were in discussions about swapping the Colombian for Martin Skrtel.

Steven Gerrard spent eight years alongside Skrtel, 33, at Liverpool and is keen to be reunited with the Slovakian skipper.

Morelos’ future is uncertain following Gerrard’s arrival at the club.

Last month he was linked with Fenerbahce’s rivals Besiktas.

Hopefully we can drive the price up a bit for him. I like him as a player but his attitude after the previous reputed failed bid from China left a lot to be desired.

All very well taking £8m for him but we need not replace him with quality and thats not cheap.
If the gaffer has a couple of permenant signings lined up then it could be a good bit of business.....but i do like Freddo

I don't want to sell him but I understand he probably wants to leave. IF we can get close to £10 million I'd be happy.

£7mil + and he’s offski IMO.

A lot of money for a player who doesn’t want to be here. Who do we replace him with is the hard question.

I get the holding out for maximum return but I also how it's tinged with realism: if he's going get him gone and a replacement brought in ahead of the first European game.

We cannot enter that arena again without a potent attacker.

I think Morelos is a decent player when on form and has a lot of good attributes.

However, if we get anything at or above £8 million then I would accept us selling. Especially if rumours about his attitude are true.

14 goals in 35 games in the SPFL or 18 in 43 in all competitions isn't that spectacular for a Rangers striker.

I get the holding out for maximum return but I also how it's tinged with realism: if he's going get him gone and a replacement brought in ahead of the first European game.

We cannot enter that arena again without a potent attacker.

We've no one if Morelos leaves.

Unnamed chinese club = Rangers PR trying to make teams stump up the cash or dissuade teams from bidding for him altogether

And the Tims are about to spunk 9 million! on Edouard

8 million then you start talking. Not like in the winter window when there was hardly anytime to bring anyone in

Was Cummings not told he would be 4th choice if he wanted to join permanently? That would suggest We had already planned to sign 2 others. Morelos leaving would make it 3 and Cummings returning down south would mean we would need 4.

Morelos definitely has a lot to offer and I think he can really develop, however, we know he is going to be off to somewhere else at some point. If he does want to go to England, I really don't think we are going to get more than 8 or 9 million from any team in England unless he really fulfills his potential.

My issue is that although he does do a ton of work up front, he misses those chances that natural goal scorers with real instinct would score-I am not sure if that can be developed or not.

I think it we get the fee to 8 or 9 million that would be really great for us. I feel that we could bring in two players with that money (another striker and play making midfielder) at 4mil or so each that make us better overall than we would be in keeping Morelos.

Just my two cents.

Would like to see him stay under the new manager and with a competent midfield supplying him but if his head has gone then the club can’t do much else but try and maximise value for him.

The bi-polarity in opinion about players always causes a wry smile. In here, people want 8 to 10m for Morelos, elsewhere 600k are too much for Cummings. :confused:

Oh it's worse than that mate. You will get posters on here telling you Morelos is sh*te, his attitude's bad and he misses too many chances - and in the next thread they will tell you we shouldn't sell for less than £8m!:eek::confused:;)

Back