£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

Then they should get a grip. This will get the club way more money than charging £25 per game would

I agree - just mentioning why there may be some mumping and moaning from some.

in my eyes it’s priced correctly and hopefully brings in some £££ as ultimately that’s what’s needed.

I paid for a season ticket

How much is it costing me per game to watch RTV? More than a tenner anyway that's for sure.
Nobody forced you to buy a ST. We all knew we weren’t getting value for money this year but did it anyway.

Plus when fans are let back in we are guaranteed our ST seats, others aren’t.

Anyway, if you buy the RTV full package at £240 with a VPN, it must work out cheaper than £10? Nobody moaned at that.

I’d imagine some people may be unhappy that there £25+ match day ticket is being converted into a £10 PPV game thus they are worse off by £15 a game.

I don’t know about anyone else but I renewed even though there is an actual chance I may not be allowed into a game at all this season or very little of them, but I still signed up regardless of this. I knew the price and paid it anyway. £9.99 for joe public is a fair price

Think there’ll be a lot of unhappy ST holders and rightly so tbh. I can see it from both sides but each game that goes past, ST holders will have paid £15+ more for the same coverage

They can't charge the price of a standard match ticket. That's £20-£25 and no-one is paying that for a stream.

I'm a season ticket holder and not bothered by this in the slightest.

As a STH, my only issue will be if the quality isn't there for the numbers accessing it. If I'm paying near £30 and can't get a brilliant picture because a few thousand folk are paying £10 to tune in, that would be galling. I don't know if there's a technical capacity for different servers or web pages for STH's and PPV'ers.

In isolation though, that's a very good price point to encourage people to watch. Hopefully all the would be pirates support the club and pay this to watch each week, even if it's 'only' the likes of St Mirren rather than find other ways.

Its

Not Rangers fault we cant use our ST for home games.

Not saying it is but you can understand why there’s going to be thousands of unhappy ST holders

£25 credited for missed games from last season which amounted to roughly £130 and then this season we’ll be paying £15 per game for each game missed

Personally I think £9.99 is far too low all things considered but that’s just my opinion

340 miles from Glasgow for me so happy to pay that :)

canny wait for Sunday now, Clive Tylldesley, the magnificent Bastard and the Gaffer FFS o_O:p;)

As a STH, my only issue will be if the quality isn't there for the numbers accessing it. If I'm paying near £30 and can't get a brilliant picture because a few thousand folk are paying £10 to tune in, that would be galling. I don't know if there's a technical capacity for different servers or web pages for STH's and PPV'ers.

In isolation though, that's a very good price point to encourage people to watch. Hopefully all the would be pirates support the club and pay this to watch each week, even if it's 'only' the likes of St Mirren rather than find other ways.

@GranvillusClutterbuckus will come along and explain that capacity isn't an issue in a better way than I can. But..capacity isn't an issue.

Not saying it is but you can understand why there’s going to be thousands of unhappy ST holders

£25 credited for missed games from last season which amounted to roughly £130 and then this season we’ll be paying £15 per game for each game missed

Personally I think £9.99 is far too low all things considered but that’s just my opinion

Consider all the additional revenue we will get that we wouldn't if the stadium was open, given we can only sell around 2k tickets for home games.

Thats a good price and no messing about with a VPN.

Tempted to get rid of the RTV unlimited package now and just pay £10 when we aren't on Sky.

Great news. I'll certainly be using this function to watch games, starting with the one on Sunday.

Would it be worth starting a thread with, say, the next 4 games and the options on how to view them? Between Premier, BT, Sky and RTV I'm struggling to keep up!

Last edited:

You could have taken the option for a refund of last seasons games. It was offered by the Club.

Nobody forced you to buy a ST. We all knew we weren’t getting value for money this year but did it anyway.

Plus when fans are let back in we are guaranteed our ST seats, others aren’t.

Anyway, if you buy the RTV full package at £240 with a VPN, it must work out cheaper than £10? Nobody moaned at that.
Good point I have the unlimited package and still paying 17.25 a month.works out at about £5 a match over the season.

You could have taken the option for a refund of last seasons games. It was offered by the Club.

I know I could’ve, youre deliberately missing the point here.

So say we only get into Ibrox for 5 games, ST holders will have paid at least £200 more for the same tv coverage as ppv buyers

I think it’s priced too low considering but I’ll probably be in a minority

I might well be in the minority as my ST cost me £291 this year in the CD (had seat subbed a few last season games as a credit as I dont live in UK and only get to a handful games a season. Family or friends use it otherwise). Works out a little over £15 a game for me.

I paid for a season ticket

How much is it costing me per game to watch RTV? More than a tenner anyway that's for sure.

Not being a season ticket holder I can appreciate your view. All we can hope for is that the crowds are allowed to return in the not too distant future so you can benefit from your ticket. Only time will tell.

I'm happy with this as a ST holder myself. I understand the importance of capitalising on as many revenue streams as possible just now.

I would like to see some added benefits for ST holders but only if these weren't at a high cost to the club. I think there could be a couple of wee things they could do to say thanks, token gestures, but ones that would make people feel valued as loyal supporters.

Overseas and unlimited RTV access for all games (Apart from European Qualifiers) for just over that per month.

The club couldn’t really win with how they priced the games.

Go low (as they have done) and maximise potential sales for non ST Holders.

Go high, appease ST holders but lose more money without non ST income.

Good pricing. Hopefully the club make extra money from it to try cover some of the matchday shortfall.

As a season ticket holder I've no issue with it being a ten spot for others. We want to attract customers and pricing it at 20 quid plus a game isn't going to work at all. Likewise, my season ticket ensures I have a seat to return to when we can get back to Ibrox.

People who bought a ST did so in the knowledge that it was unlikely that they would be able to attend Ibrox.
They were also aware that the club required financial support during this time, it was not bought as an RTV subscription.

Of course that is right

Also the club don't have to make the game available for PPV in the UK either

As an ST holder that price is the most sensible for business. I didn’t even notice the price difference till believe it or not a tim mate told me. No complaints from this bear.

Livy’s is double that ffs.

Guess other clubs have had to pitch it higher to their fans as they will get nothing from their home games against us as Sky will be showing them!

my sky expires soon and i would much rather give Rangers money. i will be buying those home games. Just hope the delivery platform works out

I might well be in the minority as my ST cost me £291 this year in the CD (had seat subbed a few last season games as a credit as I dont live in UK and only get to a handful games a season. Family or friends use it otherwise). Works out a little over £15 a game for me.
Couple of points
Pricing is in effect probably right to get more people watching and is reasonable enough that people won't go looking for streams.

Sth are paying a premium and reality is they probably should look to do something for season ticket holders as a gesture at least

The I suspect how we will be compensated will be for cup games etc to be included for season ticket holders maybe. If not their might be a riot.

Cause if not not people will be unhappy my ticket works out around £28 quid per game its a lot of money over the year when others are paying 10 for the same thing.

A bit torn on this.

I think it’s an excellent price point for the ‘public sale’ for home games. I’ve no issue with that aspect at all.

However I renewed at £700 this season plus decided not to take up the possibility of a refund or the £25 voucher.

So on paper I’m paying £36+ per home game, to watch on a VST system which so far has been far from the best.

I’m fortunate to have an ST and to hopefully still have one in the post covid situation if I stay healthy. In the interim though it’s hard not to feel as though I’m being fleeced a bit. I hope the club give some consideration to recognising their situation ST holders are in this year. I wouldn’t have thought that I would cost them much (anything?) to make the full RTV package available to us as a nod of thanks.

Back