£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

Aye, and you did see where I said people would gladly pay that if it meant they get a season ticket?

The point I was referring to was whilst we are under BCD this season.

So are Rangers missing a trick but not saying to people on the waiting list - pay a few hundred more and we’ll give you a better chance of an ST when one comes up...?

It is what it is but don’t pretend we’ve spent £500+ on STs to watch on tv. Around renewal time a large proportion of people would’ve imagined we’d have been getting into the stadium much sooner

The latest chat I’ve seen on here is potentially 2021 with partial crowds, never mind full capacity.
There’ll be thousands who scraped £ together for a ST to keep their seats, thinking they’d maybe miss out on half the games etc

Let’s not pretend 40k+ all renewed in the knowledge that we’d be paying to watch games through Rangers TV. Guarantee renewal numbers would’ve been lower if ST holders knew the chances of getting to games is as slim as we know it is now/they could get access to the games for £15 less than their ST would work out at
Every single person knew that it could be either this autumn or it could be into the near year. Every single supporter should have known that large crowds are likely the last thing to be signed off by governments. No promises were made about September/october. Gyms arent even open till September! As I said, every one should have know the risks.

Can't believe I cancelled the legacy monthly subscription during lockdown. Hard times made harder.

Hopefully the monthly comes back now that they've sorted everything else out

Every single person knew that it could be either this autumn or it could be into the near year. Every single supporter should have known that large crowds are likely the last thing to be signed off by governments. No promises were made about September/october. Gyms arent even open till September! As I said, every one should have know the risks.

The post I replied to suggested everyone knew it was potentially a season of watching on tv. Can guarantee everyone I spoke to had the expectation that we’d see some games at Ibrox towards the end of 2020.

Ive said earlier in this thread that I viewed it as a donation but don’t kid yourself people knew they’d be sat watching on tv the full season

The point I was referring to was whilst we are under BCD this season.

So are Rangers missing a trick but not saying to people on the waiting list - pay a few hundred more and we’ll give you a better chance of an ST when one comes up...?

All I am saying is people on the waiting list would be willing to pay if people with season tickets aren't.

Your straw man argument doesn't change this.

Why arent people grasping that without season ticket money the lights will go out?

Don’t think anyone’s failing to grasp that, they’re questioning why ST money is keeping the lights on yet the people who paid for the STs are paying at least £15 more per game shown on tv that non ST holders

Don’t think anyone’s failing to grasp that, they’re questioning why ST money is keeping the lights on yet the people who paid for the STs are paying at least £15 more per game shown on tv that non ST holders
And?

Before this morning the value of the stream? Games have always been sold online way below ST price.
Yes but until this morning, the only way to watch us this Sunday was to pay for a ST which works out as more than 10 quid per game (ie the value today)

we as season ticket holders have paid for the right to have our seat at Ibrox not a seat in our living room. We Will still have our seat when this ends but those non st holders will have nothing.

Will one of these work with my iPhone/iPad to get it on the telly? I’m not that up to date with this kind of thing?

That's a great price.
I'm a ST holder, by no means well off and can only speak for myself. But I've no issue with the prices. I think I'm lucky to have the ST, I'll have it as long as I want to, and hopefully I'll be back in the ground soon. Happy to fund the club at this time, and I'm glad loads of fans who don't have RTV subscriptions will get to see home matches cheaply. Plenty cash in from away fans too hopefully. All good.

No idea. Partial refunds/credits towards next season?

Guarantee of free entry into our EL qualifiers or a couple of cup games next season?

Seems they’re giving refunds to the new bar72 hospitality. Only fair normal ST holders get something in return
EL qualifiers?
We going straight to CL groups ;)

Its fucking mental. We pay 500-700, board members pay £8-10m. Yet posters accuse the club of being deceitful and liars. Its fucking mins boggling. The same people complaining about this are the same people in transfer threads asking for 6 new first team players.

The board get shares or else any loan back in full.

IIRC Bisgrove said months back that he knows given ST holders the home matches for free on RTV isn’t enough to compensate the outlay we’re putting out knowing we’re not getting to games

If Bisgrove recognises this, why do we have fans raging at fellow fans dare asking what else we’ll get for our £500+

It should be the same price as cheapest ticket we sell
I was about to disagree with that. I have no issue with the PPV price, I would have hoped for some sort of sweetener, even a token gesture, for ST holders. I’ve already commented extensively in this thread.

However, when I stopped to think, that isn’t such a bad suggestion. I have to put my hand up and say I’ve no idea what the cheapest ticket is for a public sale game. I’m going to hazard around the £20 mark. But if the club had gone for that and couched it in the right way “this gives all fans an opportunity a chance to watch the home games at a level consistent with our lowest prices gone ticket” I actually think that might have had everyone on side.

It should be the same price as cheapest ticket we sell

To be perfectly honest this is a pathetic me me me attitude

You bought the season ticket knowing you probably wouldn't get access to the games for some or all of this season.

We still sold 47k STs or something like that.

Fair play to everybody who bought a ticket.

Now the club needs to maximise every revenue possible. We can sell unlimited access to home games

If its sold at £26 per game or there will be very low uptake and much more illegal streaming.

Being sold at £9.99 will see far more uptake and therefor increase the revenue.

They do.

If next season when we’re all back inside stadiums, if the club start punting match tickets for £10 per game, ST holders would rightfully ask why we’re paying over double that per game.

This is no different

Thats ludicrous. They arent selling tickets for £10 per game. You know they arent either so stop talking pish just to forge a grievance.

I was about to disagree with that. I have no issue with the PPV price, I would have hoped for some sort of sweetener, even a token gesture, for ST holders. I’ve already commented extensively in this thread.

However, when I stopped to think, that isn’t such a bad suggestion. I have to put my hand up and say I’ve no idea what the cheapest ticket is for a public sale game. I’m going to hazard around the £20 mark. But if the club had gone for that and couched it in the right way “this gives all fans an opportunity a chance to watch the home games at a level consistent with our lowest prices gone ticket” I actually think that might have had everyone on side.

The cheapest adult ticket is nearly £30 for most games.

What really amazes me is all the negativity about ST holders paying more than some of our 'casual ' fans
but no one whinging about away fans getting it cheaper than ST holders
There you are something else to moan about
That's is mental when you think about it... Utter disgrace if in honest.. don't mind us making money but they just pissing off season ticket holders

An ST is a commitment. It's us ploughing our dough into the club year after year because we want to. If I need to miss a game for a wedding or whatever I'm not raging that I've wasted £30 on a game I couldn't go to. This is the same. If I only wanted to watch the odd game online I wouldn't have a season ticket. £10 for people that don't have a ST or away fans is a good price point.

Public sale prices are based on the area the ST is in now, ST price per game is in Category C pricing or just below it so say £600 for STH divide by 19 works at £31.50 a game means the public sale will be around £33/£34 for Category C game in the same area

Last season public sale prices
Cat C games £28-£41
Cat B games £30-£43
Cat A game £52

Public sale prices are based on the area the ST is in now, ST price per game is in Category C pricing or just below it so say £600 for STH divide by 19 works at £31.50 a game means the public sale will be around £33/£34 for Category C game in the same area

Last season public sale prices
Cat C games £28-£41
Cat B games £30-£43
Cat A game £52

Thanks for that info. So hindsight is wonderful but I wonder what people would have paid on here prior to the announcement, if there had been a conversation in the context of above.

Looking at that my own feeling is if Rangers had said here’s our usual public sale prices. We want to provide opportunity for fans to see the games PPV. We’re going to offer them at £20.

I don’t think too many folk would have found that unreasonable.

Reactions: GF7
To be perfectly honest this is a pathetic me me me attitude

You bought the season ticket knowing you probably wouldn't get access to the games for some or all of this season.

We still sold 47k STs or something like that.

Fair play to everybody who bought a ticket.

Now the club needs to maximise every revenue possible. We can sell unlimited access to home games

If its sold at £26 per game or there will be very low uptake and much more illegal streaming.

Being sold at £9.99 will see far more uptake and therefor increase the revenue.
I bought the season ticket knowing I might not get in to a game - correct

I also didn't think stmirren fans would be watching a game on Sunday for 9.99 when it cost me £38

I'm delighted we'll make money but you need to show some respect to your loyal season ticket holders who spend thousands each year. Simple as..

Thats ludicrous. They arent selling tickets for £10 per game. You know they arent either so stop talking pish just to forge a grievance.

Sorry but unless I’m mistaken, they’re selling every home match for £9.99.

ST holders are effectively around £25 per game if you base a ST price at £500.

What part am I talking pish?

Bisgrove stated months ago he knew providing ST holders with a stream for the game wasn’t enough to compensate for our ST price. The club would need to do more.

It’s all went very quiet on that front

Thanks for that info. So hindsight is wonderful but I wonder what people would have paid on here prior to the announcement, if there had been a conversation in the context of above.

Looking at that my own feeling is if Rangers had said here’s our usual public sale prices. We want to provide opportunity for fans to see the games PPV. We’re going to offer them at £20.

I don’t think too many folk would have found that unreasonable.

There was always going be issues over this

Lucky there is PPV option available for all club with agreement in place

I wasn’t aware of that mate. I was also thinking about it in terms of concessionary prices. I would have assumed nearer the low 20s.

We could have 3 or 4 games a month at home. No way I would be paying £100 a month to watch a stream. 4 games at a tenner each, absolutely
Sorry but unless I’m mistaken, they’re selling every home match for £9.99.

ST holders are effectively around £25 per game if you base a ST price at £500.

What part am I talking pish?

Bisgrove stated months ago he knew providing ST holders with a stream for the game wasn’t enough to compensate for our ST price. The club would need to do more.

It’s all went very quiet on that front

The basis of your argument was about selling tickets next season for a tenner.

Remember that its also very easy to buy games for £7.99 and watch them anyway.

I'm sure the club are acutely aware that pricing at £25-£30 when thats a viable option for people is a bit daft, and they can't exactly increase the costs for overseas fans.

Obviously the debate will go on.

Bottom line is there are options now for everyone and that’s good.

I just feel the club need to tread warily as we move forward. I hope they’re listening. A lot of people have put a lot of money in year after year. They need to make sure they are pitching things appropriately to keep as many people happy as possible.

Back