£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

Apologies if this has been covered already. I did try reading through the thread but I didn't see anything. My question is:

For existing subscribers to RTV who actually ARE abroad, will we be getting the same coverage as the PPV viewers for these games? In other words, does my existing all access subscription get me the studio analysis and new commentary or is that going to be a separate feed?

We could have 3 or 4 games a month at home. No way I would be paying £100 a month to watch a stream. 4 games at a tenner each, absolutely

The basis of your argument was about selling tickets next season for a tenner.

My argument was right now ST holders have effectively paid £25 per game, non ST holders can pay £9.99.

Folk are saying stop moaning.

My argument is that if next season the club sold match day tickets for £9.99 to walk up fans, ST holders would moan and rightly so.

It’s not difficult to understand ...

Apologies if this has been covered already. I did try reading through the thread but I didn't see anything. My question is:

For existing subscribers to RTV who actually ARE abroad, will we be getting the same coverage as the PPV viewers for these games? In other words, does my existing all access subscription get me the studio analysis and new commentary or is that going to be a separate feed?

Same for subscribers. Confirmed in another thread with a screen capture of an email from RangersTV confirming it. Post #411.

My argument was right now ST holders have effectively paid £25 per game, non ST holders can pay £9.99.

My argument is that if next season the club sold match day tickets for £9.99 to walk up fans, ST holders would moan and rightly so.

If the club offered you a full refund to give up your season ticket then buy the PPV for each game, would you take it?

Why don’t we do what motherwell
Sorry but unless I’m mistaken, they’re selling every home match for £9.99.

ST holders are effectively around £25 per game if you base a ST price at £500.

What part am I talking pish?

Bisgrove stated months ago he knew providing ST holders with a stream for the game wasn’t enough to compensate for our ST price. The club would need to do more.

It’s all went very quiet on that front
I bought the season ticket knowing I might not get in to a game - correct

I also didn't think stmirren fans would be watching a game on Sunday for 9.99 when it cost me £38

I'm delighted we'll make money but you need to show some respect to your loyal season ticket holders who spend thousands each year. Simple as..
we should do what Motherwell are doing . This season ticket 20/21 is for 19 games . If we only get into 12, you get a seven match discount on next season price . We’ve shown our commitment by ploughing millions upfront , the club should do the same and secure our investment

we should do what Motherwell are doing . This season ticket 20/21 is for 19 games . If we only get into 12, you get a seven match discount on next season price . We’ve shown our commitment by ploughing millions upfront , the club should do the same and secure our investment

But I take it you still want us to make big signings and challenge for the title while losing out on all that money?

Good stuff, glad to see the club able to cash in. Good value too, if including the pre-match stuff with the new line up.

Only complaint is £9.99 to watch a team of jobbers park a 9 man defence in front of their goalie :D

It usually costs a lot more than that to watch the hammer throwers when they come to Ibrox: seat, S/T or not, travel, pies & pints, etc etc. And compared to Livi at £20??
(Mind you, I suppose they had to charge more, even at that price their half dozen "loyal fans" will only raise a tiny bit of cash)

I'd actually agree with that and had hoped it was what we would announce when STs went on sale. Hearts have a similar commitment. Nothing to stop Rangers announcing similar later in the season of course, once its easier to assess how much such a scheme would actually lose the Club in terms of income.

If the club offered you a full refund to give up your season ticket then buy the PPV for each game, would you take it?

No as I’ve had my ST for near 30 years

However, Bisgrove said we’d receive more than just a stream pass for our games.

I’d like to think it’d be a freebie or 2 into next seasons European qualifiers or similar

Again, Bisgrove said a stream pass wasn’t enough to compensate us. Why are fans getting angry at any fan questioning the club for giving non ST holders cheaper home game PPV cost

But I take it you still want us to make big signings and challenge for the title while losing out on all that money?

The new bar72 members are being given refunds on a monthly basis for the games BCD.

Why should ST holders not receive some form of refund or credit towards next season?

to be fair Livi were quick to refund all their fans and such and are now charging £20 a game which is daylight robbery for a stream, our fans haven't received as big a refund as such but are getting our streams for £9.99, swings and roundabouts

No matter how hard you try you can't compare the price of watching a game on ppv with the price of actually attending a match.

With that arguement people paying to watch a boxing PPV should be charged same price as a ring side seat in Vegas.

Ok let's stay with your Vegas pish.

I bought a ringside seats knowing that no matter what seat you bought (ringside or restricted views) you all got access to a stream.. that is fair

Now the folk who normally look through the window while standing outside in the sun of Vegas, can now buy a ticket for 9.99 (away fans too)

That's not right in my book...

The club need the funds, last thing they are going to do is promote refunds.

Is one of the arguments for justifying the 10 quid per game really that our fans would watch illegally if they were asked to pay the same as ST holders are paying?
I would have thought it’s because season ticket holders are paying far more than those on PPV for the same thing.

No as I’ve had my ST for near 30 years

However, Bisgrove said we’d receive more than just a stream pass for our games.

I’d like to think it’d be a freebie or 2 into next seasons European qualifiers or similar

Again, Bisgrove said a stream pass wasn’t enough to compensate us. Why are fans getting angry at any fan questioning the club for giving non ST holders cheaper home game PPV cost
100% this

The new bar72 members are being given refunds on a monthly basis for the games BCD.

Why should ST holders not receive some form of refund or credit towards next season?

How do you expect the club to cover this money? I take it you will be happy selling our best players and not getting in any good players?

I would have thought it’s because season ticket holders are paying far more than those on PPV for the same thing.
I think we're on the same page mate. It was suggested earlier that it should be the same as a ticket price across the board and some members said this would turn folk to illegal streams. That's not a strong enough justification for the (imo) low price

Some squad we would have if season ticket holders got a refund.

Would be like the 2013/14 team.

Another fucking idiotic comment. Nobody is looking for a refund.

Those big bad ST holders, ploughing money into the club season after season. How dare they raise disquiet about the way the club has chosen to do something...

I’m out of this thread. It’s going full retard.

From the website

An option to purchase matches via pay-per-view for Away Supporters and Non-Season Ticket holders both in the UK and Internationally will be offered at £9.99 per match.

Away supporters are the away fans of the club we are playing
This is a disgrace I am paying £700 quid for a season ticket yet you can sit in your house and watch all the games for £180 ! Who is the Daftie?

I think we're on the same page mate. It was suggested earlier that it should be the same as a ticket price across the board and some members said this would turn folk to illegal streams. That's not a strong enough justification for the (imo) low price
If crowds are allowed back then no harm done, but I strongly suspect they won’t be back at all this season, regardless of what’s being mooted at the moment in terms of returning.

Look the club can’t take in the guts of 20 million on season tickets and if we only get half the games say “ tough cookies people , but gonna give us £550 again in May . Also what IF we don’t win the league ( but I know we will )

ST holders never paid for PPV though we paid for a seat so the club aren’t asking us to pay 2-3 times more for the same product. When we get back we will have a seat. Non ST holders won’t.
You won’t get back in this season, sadly. Maybe 10,000 will absolute tops.

I paid because the club need the money

I doubt i’ll see the inside of Ibrox and im also at risk of redundancy

Club needs us every penny counts

Im confused. I pay £6 a month for RTV which is currently saying that our upcoming home fixtures will be broadcast.

Am I wrong? Why would people pay a tenner on ppv when a sub is 6 quid?

Im obviously missing something. Help!!

We all pay different prices for our ST to watch the same game
Yeh this is true but then anyone buying a seat in a specific category would pay the same price for that seat as anyone else.

Opposition fans getting it more than 50% cheaper than a ST holder doesn't look brilliant but can't see how the club can prohibit that. Ultimately the club are trying to make it appealing to buy which is good. I don't know projected numbers for watching online but if we got as many non ST holders streaming as ST holders then the price could be brought somewhere in the middle.

If the uptake for non ST is low then fair enough

Look the club can’t take in the guts of 20 million on season tickets and if we only get half the games say “ tough cookies people , but gonna give us £550 again in May . Also what IF we don’t win the league ( but I know we will )

So how is the club going to afford refunding all this money without ruining the team?

And you also knew this was the case when you bought your season ticket.

Im confused. I pay £6 a month for RTV which is currently saying that our upcoming home fixtures will be broadcast.

Am I wrong? Why would people pay a tenner on ppv when a sub is 6 quid?

Im obviously missing something. Help!!

Games are not live on £6 a month subscription or £60 annual for that matter

Delayed transmission after midnight I think

There is absolutely no chance of the club doing that mate. That's not maximising what they can get out of the fans.

Not a big deal for me but it was always likely to cause some frustration. Why not give ST holders the full RTV package as a sign of goodwill and a differentiator from the 10 a head viewers.
Good idea and a credit towards next year's for those that already have it

Just hope the infrastructure can cope with the traffic for the additional viewers

Then they should get a grip. This will get the club way more money than charging £25 per game would

It will get money from me and many other non season ticket holders for sure.

We all have different finances.

I was not in a position to get a ST this year, and would be far down the waiting list. But I have Sky for whatever games we are on there, and this £9.99 option is good for each game at a few per month (£30 for example)

I would not have paid it if it was £25 or whatever (£75 per month) and as I say I think a few people will be like this.

How do you expect the club to cover this money? I take it you will be happy selling our best players and not getting in any good players?

Id rather they were consistent across the board. Either refunds for all or no refunds for anyone regardless of where your season ticket is for

Fans have been milked plentiful in recent years.

And its a stupid argument as they would never charge just a tenner to get in the stadium and you know it.

I'd actually agree with that and had hoped it was what we would announce when STs went on sale. Hearts have a similar commitment. Nothing to stop Rangers announcing similar later in the season of course, once its easier to assess how much such a scheme would actually lose the Club in terms of income.

Season tickets aren't anywhere near as much revenue for them as they are for us. Much easier for them to budget with 40 or 50k out their budget compared to 7 or 8 million.

Another fucking idiotic comment. Nobody is looking for a refund.

Those big bad ST holders, ploughing money into the club season after season. How dare they raise disquiet about the way the club has chosen to do something...

I’m out of this thread. It’s going full retard.

So what the hell are you moaning for?

Its increasing the revenue for the club.

Other than being selfish there is nothing to complain about.

Back