£9.99 for PPV for home League matches on Rangers TV

It will get money from me and many other non season ticket holders for sure.

We all have different finances.

I was not in a position to get a ST this year, and would be far down the waiting list. But I have Sky for whatever games we are on there, and this £9.99 option is good for each game at a few per month (£30 for example)

I would not have paid it if it was £25 or whatever (£75 per month) and as I say I think a few people will be like this.
This for me......I`m in the same boat;(except for the fact I don`t have Sky Sports).
I`ll be in for most, (if not all) of the home games on offer.

Id rather they were consistent across the board. Either refunds for all or no refunds for anyone regardless of where your season ticket is for

Fans have been milked plentiful in recent years.

Normal season tickets are paying just to see the match. We are getting to see the match the only way legally possible.

Hospitality are paying a lot extra for dinner, drinks, guest speakers etc so I'm guessing that is the reason behind it.

Did you know when you bought your ticket that you wouldn't get a refund and would have to watch on a stream until we were allowed back in? I'm guessing so.

So what the hell are you moaning for?

Its increasing the revenue for the club.

Other than being selfish there is nothing to complain about.

Seriously mate, selfish? %^*& right off. It might be increasing revenue. You're a complete moron if you can't see why people feel it isn't fair.

Go back to my first post on this, it's all right there.

Read the thread again as well. Your opinion isn't the only one being expressed here, quite a few folk think this could be being handled better.

But yeah, we'll just shut the %^*& up and hand the money over. That tactic has never ever caused Rangers any problems in the past... :rolleyes:

Lots of extra money for the club, great.

What's changed in the rules that means it ok to to buy this from UK rather than just OS? It cant be due to COVID-19 as UK folks were never in a position to PPV, just curious. Will there be a maximum capacity, sure I read somewhere that streams would be, limited to the stadium capacity.

Will this become the new normal even when we do get back in? That would be great.

After reading the whole thread here’s my take.as a STH holder I can understand why people may be angry but in my view this years season ticket was more or less a donation.what would anger me would be if the board played on our loyalty by bumping prices next season.

Lots of extra money for the club, great.

What's changed in the rules that means it ok to to buy this from UK rather than just OS? It cant be due to COVID-19 as UK folks were never in a position to PPV, just curious. Will there be a maximum capacity, sure I read somewhere that streams would be, limited to the stadium capacity.

Will this become the new normal even when we do get back in? That would be great.

It is down Covid 19 why the current broadcasting rules had to be changed as ST were been sold and something had to given back

There has been an agreement from the SPFL who own the broadcast rights and Sky Sports who hold the broadcast rights to allow clubs to stream games themselves for STH all games regardless of been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports and on a PPV basis- clubs are under no obligation to make games available for PPV. Sky Sports games aren't available for PPV

The only limits were the access passes for STH and that was based on 2019/20 so say we only sold 40k then that is the amount of access passes we could issue for VST in 2020/21

Both VST and PPV will only be available until full capacity are reached again

Going forward after this will PPV be offered within the UK who knows

Regardless of all the arguments about the price, the only worry I have is about the quality of the stream with the extra supporters tuning in.

2 years ago the price was 4.99, now 9.99.
For me its too expensive. I am overseas and paying that to see the games on my computer is too much

It is down Covid 19 why the current broadcasting rules had to be changed as ST were been sold and something had to given back

There has been an agreement from the SPFL who own the broadcast rights and Sky Sports who hold the broadcast rights to allow clubs to stream games themselves for STH all games regardless of been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports and on a PPV basis- clubs are under no obligation to make games available for PPV. Sky Sports games aren't available for PPV

The only limits were the access passes for STH and that was based on 2019/20 so say we only sold 40k then that is the amount of access passes we could issue for VST in 2020/21

Both VST and PPV will only be available until full capacity are reached again

Going forward after this will PPV be offered within the UK who knows
It would be brilliant for clubs if PPV was offered when fans are able to return to stadiums. I don’t think Sky would go for it unless they got a very significant cut.

It would be brilliant for clubs if PPV was offered when fans are able to return to stadiums. I don’t think Sky would go for it unless they got a very significant cut.
It does as long as you have a VPN, £240 for your virtual ST, with all cash going to the club rather than Sky

Normal season tickets are paying just to see the match. We are getting to see the match the only way legally possible.

Hospitality are paying a lot extra for dinner, drinks, guest speakers etc so I'm guessing that is the reason behind it.

Did you know when you bought your ticket that you wouldn't get a refund and would have to watch on a stream until we were allowed back in? I'm guessing so.

Your last point. Yes I knew that but Bisgrove stated we’d also get more than just a stream for the match as he recognised that wasn’t enough to merit the cost of a ST

Regardless of all the arguments about the price, the only worry I have is about the quality of the stream with the extra supporters tuning in.
A genuine concern of mine as well. I have heard people complain last season about it stuttering. Hopefully the club have upped the infrastructure to cope with the predicted demand.

Would love the club to send out hard copies of the home match programme to us auld geeks as part of the season ticket package.

I like to collect them and watch my binding increase into a great sight, other geeks will know what I mean.

Seriously mate, selfish? %^*& right off. It might be increasing revenue. You're a complete moron if you can't see why people feel it isn't fair.

Go back to my first post on this, it's all right there.

Read the thread again as well. Your opinion isn't the only one being expressed here, quite a few folk think this could be being handled better.

But yeah, we'll just shut the %^*& up and hand the money over. That tactic has never ever caused Rangers any problems in the past... :rolleyes:

Yes it's selfish.

If you arent happy give up your ticket, somebody else will buy it as testified by the ST waiting list post, then you can buy the games on RTV for a tenner. You won't be guaranteed a ticket when the stadium opens back up again though. That's what you are paying for by buying the ST and paying the extra per game over folk who aren't ST holders.

And here's the thing, plenty of the folk will pay a tenner would have sourced it elsewhere if it was £25, so still getting it for less than the ST holder pays and the club would be losing out

Edit.. to add, everybody also knows you can buy the game for £7.99 and watch with a VPN, so why would you pay £25+ when you can do that?

Or were overseas bears to be shafted By having that price matching a ST cost per game as well?

Probably already asked but do overseas bears get the full RTV package on the unlimited subscription?

The Unlimited (overseas) package gets you all games live (except Europa League group stage and beyond), home and away, plus all the other stuff. It’s been confirmed that will include the ‘enhanced matchday package’ that season ticket holders view with Tyledesley, Souness, Sir Walter etc. Costs £240.

You also need a decent VPN.

I’m a subscriber to “ Scottish Fitbaw “ which costs £32 for one year.

It has blue tv for every Rangers game home, away and Europe and even the recent friendlies.

It has green tv for the same with them.

It has an archive section for past games.

It covers some of the EPL games that are on Sky or BT.

It has a forum.

And the icing on the cake is it streams all ppv boxing etc.

It’s not illegal as the games are slightly delayed by about 1 minute.

The negative is you need a member to invite you to join by email then once accepted it’s all done via PayPal.

I’ve never experienced any problems with it even when abroad.

I watch it on my tv via an iPhone to tv adaptor which cost me £39 in Curry’s.

It is illegal and stealing from the club. Don’t pretend otherwise.

Yes it's selfish.

If you arent happy give up your ticket, somebody else will buy it as testified by the ST waiting list post, then you can buy the games on RTV for a tenner. You won't be guaranteed a ticket when the stadium opens back up again though. That's what you are paying for by buying the ST and paying the extra per game over folk who aren't ST holders.

And here's the thing, plenty of the folk will pay a tenner would have sourced it elsewhere if it was £25, so still getting it for less than the ST holder pays and the club would be losing out

Edit.. to add, everybody also knows you can buy the game for £7.99 and watch with a VPN, so why would you pay £25+ when you can do that?

Or were overseas bears to be shafted By having that price matching a ST cost per game as well?

You know what mate, just %^*& off. I won’t be lectured to by you. I’ve spent thousands upon thousands following Rangers in my time on this planet. I stated in my very first post on this thread I was happy with the £9.99 option for non season ticket holders. You’re wilfully going out your way to make out that myself and others are looking for refunds or being selfish. Utter horseshit. There’s no point trying to even discuss this with clowns who are wilfully missing the basic point that has been articulated time after time. You simply seem to be determined to keep an argument going.

Been a member of FF since shortly after it started. Congrats on being the first person to meet my ignore button.

From the website

An option to purchase matches via pay-per-view for Away Supporters and Non-Season Ticket holders both in the UK and Internationally will be offered at £9.99 per match.

Away supporters are the away fans of the club we are playing
Do you need to be a member if the MyGers club to access it?

You know what mate, just %^*& off. I won’t be lectured to by you. I’ve spent thousands upon thousands following Rangers in my time on this planet. I stated in my very first post on this thread I was happy with the £9.99 option for non season ticket holders. You’re wilfully going out your way to make out that myself and others are looking for refunds or being selfish. Utter horseshit. There’s no point trying to even discuss this with clowns who are wilfully missing the basic point that has been articulated time after time. You simply seem to be determined to keep an argument going.

Been a member of FF since shortly after it started. Congrats on being the first person to meet my ignore button.

Your first post is asking for something more for paying the ST money and saying you feel fleeced. Yes?

Anyway ignore away. I won't miss the abuse. Clown, moron, told to %^*& off. Very good

£9.99 people will happily pay it.

£30 per game people will just watch it through other means.

No brainer for the club. No one forced us to buy season tickets. More money in the club should be something to be happy about.

Yes it's selfish.

I don't think he's asking for a price match upwards to £25.

£9.99 people will happily pay it.

£30 per game people will just watch it through other means.

No brainer for the club. No one forced us to buy season tickets. More money in the club should be something to be happy about.

This is exactly my feelings as well. We all knew what was happening with the games this season and hopefully we will all be back in soon. A lot of people will pay the tenner for the home games which just adds more money to the club.

Your last point. Yes I knew that but Bisgrove stated we’d also get more than just a stream for the match as he recognised that wasn’t enough to merit the cost of a ST

I took that to mean we would be getting the extra pundits, pre-match, halftime and postmatch analysis, better commentator etc.

There is nothing they could do to make it the same value as going to a match. It's a completely unique situation which the club is trying to do their best with.

The club need the season ticket money to run. You can't expect us to make signings and challenge for titles but also refund season ticket money or give away enough free stuff that it ends up costing the same. If you decided to get the season ticket you knew the situation you signed up for. Doing that then pissing and moaning about it is pointless.

Silly question here...can you pay for view our games on the telly like the boxing?? If so what channel?

I hate watching games from laptop...

Id rather they were consistent across the board. Either refunds for all or no refunds for anyone regardless of where your season ticket is for

Fans have been milked plentiful in recent years.

This thread is basically the same arguments as the refund thread was.

The sooner ST holders understand that we are a source of revenue for the club and the notion of loyalty is simply a myth that facilitates a greater level of security for the club in getting that income, the easier it'll be to accept where we stand and make decisions based on that.

The club don't need us, they need our money. They don't care who's in the seat and they don't value a ST holder of 50 years any more than one new in the door. There's no real benefit to having a ST this season and there's no real reward for our loyalty in buying under the circumstances.

The bottom line is whether you are prepared to renew/keep your ST on the basis of handing money over to Rangers because the business needs it. We're not getting value for money this year, no getting away from it, but if you can make peace with helping to keep the club on a more sound financial footing, then that's what it is.

Last edited:
BT are doing a month pass for £25 for the web player and app, with all the European football this month im gonna get it.

Back