‘’ Strike Me Deid If It’s No True The Rangers Have Beaten The Celtic’’.

I've wondered about what words the fans sang back in the day, as with its references to Edinburgh and the Italian imposter C. E. Stuart, it doesn't seem likely it was sung with the original lyrics. If anyone can enlighten me please I'd be more than grateful. Another case for the FFDA!

Once again this report that we found stops short after mentioning singing.

The Rangers held their Annual Meeting at The Queens Rooms on Clifton Street Glasgow in 1875 and again in 1877

It also hosted the Club’s first 12 Annual Hops between 1872 and 1884, a press report stated the following.

‘The second annual meeting of the members and friends of The Rangers Football Club was held in the Queens Rooms on the evening of Wednesday 1st December 1875. The Chairman Mr Peter McNeil gave a very interesting address giving a sketch of the Club since its formation. Mr.Vallance Club captain also gave a short address. The proceedings of the evening were greatly added to by several of the ladies and gentlemen present giving a few songs and recitals’’.

The Queens Rooms.

qxjdrs.jpg

2q2hn39.jpg

Last edited:
Once again this report that we found stops short after mentioning singing.

The Rangers held their Annual Meeting at The Queens Rooms on Clifton Street Glasgow in 1875 and again in 1877

It also hosted the Club’s first 12 Annual Hops between 1872 and 1884, a press report stated the following.

‘The second annual meeting of the members and friends of The Rangers Football Club was held in the Queens Rooms on the evening of Wednesday 1st December 1875. The Chairman Mr Peter McNeil gave a very interesting address giving a sketch of the Club since its formation. Mr.Vallance Club captain also gave a short address. The proceedings of the evening were greatly added to by several of the ladies and gentlemen present giving a few songs and recitals’’.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I was thinking of The Bonnie Wells O'Wearie.

Pray tell.
In preparation for our first ever Scottish Cup Final in 1877 our lads were training at their Kinning Park ground 6 nights a week often under moonlight to ensure that they were in the best possible condition.

The shrieks and howls from the Rangers players had the local's convinced that the ground was actually haunted! :D

This led to the residents daubing the Rangers '' The Moonlighters'' a nickname which actually stuck with us for a few years.

In preparation for our first ever Scottish Cup Final in 1877 our lads were training at their Kinning Park ground 6 nights a week often under moonlight to ensure that they were in the best possible condition.

The shrieks and howls from the Rangers players had the local's convinced that the ground was actually haunted! :D

This led to the residents daubing the Rangers '' The Moonlighters'' a nickname which actually stuck with us for a few years.
Good story and thanks for sharing but I was enquiringly as to the circumstances of bleubear's demise.

Back