‘Do you know anybody who’s looking to take over a football club?’ Geoff Brown delivers brutal verdict on St Johnstone ownership

I agree in principal but disagree on the reality of it.

If we distribute everything and introduce a cap we do indeed have a more competitive league. What we also have is a league where the worst get a bit better but the best get a lot worse. We would be basically writing off Europe (we have already earned what this season? 5 seasons worth of Scottish money?) and we would be setting limits on what players we can get in that would see league 1 clubs in England able to out-spend us on wages.

The aim must not be us giving people things for free and dragging us down to their level, we need a way of dragging them up to ours. I understand well that this is not easy, but the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of 2 groups; 1, the SFA who are happy to see the status quo for personal gain and 2, the smaller clubs who see 2 visits of the OF per season as the pinnacle of their ambitions.

You dont have a way to drag others up to our level because there isnt one.

The ONLY solution is to share resources more evenly AND introduce a salary scale NOT a cap.

Forget europe for now. Its making things worse unless we agree to share european money out evenly. Why not?

As for players going elsewhere for more money. Let them. I cant see the like of Arfield opting for Barca.

The priority is to save Scottish football.

It wont end there though will it? The same problem will still exist though with fewer teams. The final outcome will be just a few teams left.

You must be able to see this. Its inevitable unless we do something now. It may even be too late.

If Fife had one team and that team started selling out East End Park every week, that club would more than live within it’s means. Likewise for Dundee.

Keevins was correct for once, your solution is nothing more than football communism and it’s absurd. You don’t want a more competitive league, you want a less competitive Rangers and Celtic. A race to the bottom. Bonkers. Let’s make everyone equally shit, I’m sure the fans will love that.

Doesnt matter what I say does it?

I'll go back to my original claim. We are one of the least competitive leagues in the world. There is only one solution but unfortunately too many just dont get it...yet.
...that you can think of.
Tell me this, given that our club is currently running at a loss and has survived the last few years through loans(converted to shares) from King et al, what do you think will happen if we go down the route of subsidising other clubs?
One of 2 things will happen;
1) we will end up in the financial shit again
2) our team will get considerably worse as we can't afford any decent players, which means that we can kiss goodbye to any kind of sustained run in European football.

Which would you prefer?

Do you mean clubs should amalgamate?

If so (and to play devil's advocate) if EPL clubs and German etc. suggested to UEFA that certain countries don't merit competition so clubs should amalgamate to compete then would anyone be happy putting a united Scottish team in? Absurd, eh!

As above, it’s the same lazy (and completely nonsense) comparison from folk who won’t accept we have too many professional teams and it’s not sustained.

It's a nice idea, in principle, but, in practice, I cannot see how Rangers and Celtic implement it without an enormous financial hit that would be comparable to a 2012 event for both clubs.

I hear you. We need a lead in period of a few years AND we need to take account of overheads. The Scottish government will need to contribute too.

Eventually we could have a competitive league worth watching. No more 9 in a rows but excitement, unpredictability, more opposition fans, better atmosphere's etc etc. Everyone's a winner.

St Johnstone has never been a well supported club but for most of my lifetime they have been a well run club. Where I think they made a mistake was in the location of McDermid Park. Their old ground, Muirton Park, was quite central in Perth and accessible for most fans in that they did not need a car to get there. A lot of people would sometimes make a late decision on a Saturday to go to a game at Muirton as it was not too much hassle to get there from the centre of Perth. Getting to McDermid Park imo is a different matter and unless you've got a car it's not a ground you'd make a late decision to go to. I also think that the sheep will end up in the same situation if they ever do get round to leaving Pittodrie.

...that you can think of.
Tell me this, given that our club is currently running at a loss and has survived the last few years through loans(converted to shares) from King et al, what do you think will happen if we go down the route of subsidising other clubs?
One of 2 things will happen;
1) we will end up in the financial shit again
2) our team will get considerably worse as we can't afford any decent players, which means that we can kiss goodbye to any kind of sustained run in European football.

Which would you prefer?

Id prefer to bring through our own young players on a sustainable salary scale with a team that competes week in and week out with other young teams from Motherwell, Killie, Hibs, Hearts etc.

The big salaries paid out to our players are lost to football. They get spent on luxury cars etc. Money that Scottish football cant afford to lose.

We like others will cut costs so that we become sustainable. We all have to adjust. There isnt an alternative.

I dont expect this to happen however as there are too many who cant see the wood for the trees.

St Johnstone has never been a well supported club but for most of my lifetime they have been a well run club. Where I think they made a mistake was in the location of McDermid Park. Their old ground, Muirton Park, was quite central in Perth and accessible for most fans in that they did not need a car to get there. A lot of people would sometimes make a late decision on a Saturday to go to a game at Muirton as it was not too much hassle to get there from the centre of Perth. Getting to McDermid Park imo is a different matter and unless you've got a car it's not a ground you'd make a late decision to go to. I also think that the sheep will end up in the same situation if they ever do get round to leaving Pittodrie.

Moving didnt help but it simply speeded up their demise. I think it'll take a few more years but we'll see clubs going to the wall.

You dont have a way to drag others up to our level because there isnt one.

The ONLY solution is to share resources more evenly AND introduce a salary scale NOT a cap.

Forget europe for now. Its making things worse unless we agree to share european money out evenly. Why not?

As for players going elsewhere for more money. Let them. I cant see the like of Arfield opting for Barca.

The priority is to save Scottish football.

A salary scale puts an upper limit on what the biggest spenders can spend. That is a cap whatever way you look at it. I would agree that letting players play league 1 football in England is fine, if it were not for the fact that we are simply not producing players good enough to replace them.

Scottish football does not need to be saved, it will exist in one form or another. By dragging us down to them you are removing us from world football which will mean competitive games of really shit football across the board with no respite.

When you say there is no way to drag them up, what you actually mean is there is no way to drag them up that has been tried yet. There is absolutely no way we can do anything quickly, so long term solutions are the order of the day. A multi-tiered approach is required which could (not should, I am no expert) include grassroots funding, better education, better facilities, a central and results led youth system that favours the smaller sides, perhaps with a draft system where products are contractually bound to play for 2 years for the club that gets them, a reworking of the league structure to remove the incentive of OF games and introduce an incentive for actually doing well.

The easy option is making the top 2 worse to make the bottom 10 slightly better but ultimately it is a false situation that leads to an over-all worsening of Scottish football. You make things better by making things better and incentivising improvement is always a better option than hampering advancement for those able to grab it.

I say all of that as someone who actually agrees in principal

Doesnt matter what I say does it?

I'll go back to my original claim. We are one of the least competitive leagues in the world. There is only one solution but unfortunately too many just dont get it...yet.
The other solution is the rest go to the wall and Rangers and Celtic get admitted to the English League set-up.

Its a pity no one in authority can see the bleeding obvious. We have one of the least competitive leagues in the world with over 90% of titles shared between 2 teams.

The ONLY solution is to share the limited resources more evenly AND introduce a Scottish professional footballers salary scale.

These two moves would allow the "diddy" teams to develop young exciting competitive teams and maybe give us genuine competition. Nothing else will save the game here.

I raised this years ago with Keevins and the thick bastard claimed it was "communism".

The point is sport isnt worth watching without competition and we dont have this in Scotland.

Please dont bother telling me about other leagues. None come near ours for lack of competition.

By doing that us and Celtic would become worse and therefore the league would end up the equivalent of the Welsh or Irish leagues.

No thanks.

I think Scottish Football could afford to rip up the blue print and redefine itself, tbh.

We are such a small, shitey run league, that not much to lose.

Start thinking outside the box. Redefine what going to the football should be for folk.

I think Cormack is an arrogant bastard, but he seems driven on changing the game for the sheep.

A salary scale puts an upper limit on what the biggest spenders can spend. That is a cap whatever way you look at it. I would agree that letting players play league 1 football in England is fine, if it were not for the fact that we are simply not producing players good enough to replace them.

Scottish football does not need to be saved, it will exist in one form or another. By dragging us down to them you are removing us from world football which will mean competitive games of really shit football across the board with no respite.

When you say there is no way to drag them up, what you actually mean is there is no way to drag them up that has been tried yet. There is absolutely no way we can do anything quickly, so long term solutions are the order of the day. A multi-tiered approach is required which could (not should, I am no expert) include grassroots funding, better education, better facilities, a central and results led youth system that favours the smaller sides, perhaps with a draft system where products are contractually bound to play for 2 years for the club that gets them, a reworking of the league structure to remove the incentive of OF games and introduce an incentive for actually doing well.

The easy option is making the top 2 worse to make the bottom 10 slightly better but ultimately it is a false situation that leads to an over-all worsening of Scottish football. You make things better by making things better and incentivising improvement is always a better option than hampering advancement for those able to grab it.

I say all of that as someone who actually agrees in principal

Do electricians, plumbers, doctors, nurses etc have a "salary cap"? They have a salary scale. Footballers should have the same. We can do this in Scotland. We need to do this to protect our game.

As for creating competition. We cant do this by making the others as 'good' as us. Not unless they have the same income to spend on top players. The solution then is to share what we do have and make it less attractive for young guys to leave their local team for the OF.

Look at Wayne Rooney. Massive Evertonian but left Goodison for Old Trafford purely for more money. What chance did Everton have to compete? None. Same as here. Its shit and wont get better till we deal with the underlying problem. Money.

He's dismissed my point about our league being one of the worst with over 100 titles won by just 2 teams. Apparently that's "history" so doesnt count. Im sure size wont matter as well.
Didnt dismiss it at all. You've taken a wee strop about this as you have about anyone who doesn't agree with you.

I dont think it would fall that far. We've got bigger crowds
Yeah but if a salary cap is introduced we will lose players to every similar sized league unless the cap is based on club turnover or something.

Anything to even they playing field would need to be done football wide. The only thing I can see is redistribution of UEFA funds.

If Fife had one team and that team started selling out East End Park every week, that club would more than live within it’s means. Likewise for Dundee.

Keevins was correct for once, your solution is nothing more than football communism and it’s absurd. You don’t want a more competitive league, you want a less competitive Rangers and Celtic. A race to the bottom. Bonkers. Let’s make everyone equally shit, I’m sure the fans will love that.

You’re coming at it (no doubt fuelled by the word communism being involved) from the perspective that it will make everyone equally bad.

No-one is saying that and it need not be inevitable.
How many times have we said in the last 40 years when disposed of by some competent but hardly dazzling European side “it’s the league we’re in, we need competition, we need to be challenged and be ready for this”

This is not some Rangers philanthropy that is being mooted-it’s driven solely by selfishness and a desire for Rangers to thrive in a better environment.

I’d put it back to you that it’s your argument that is lazy “well just amalgamate the clubs and that will make them bigger and better”

File that one under : cuckoo land, cloud.

Last edited:
Individual clubs are going to struggle when the governing body is so inept. Scottish football requires a significant overhaul rather than lurching from one temporary fix to the next.

There are things from the MLS I would look into it. For example, get one overall League sponsor.:

"Adidas are the official supplier for the league, its clubs, MLS youth academies and youth affiliated clubs.

"Each team and their affiliates wear Adidas uniforms, footwear, training gear and sideline apparel. The official match ball will be Adidas as well."

A six-year deal signed in 2017 was worth $700 million. I'm not suggesting the SPL would get anywhere near that. But with us and them, it must surely be an attractive proposition.

Do electricians, plumbers, doctors, nurses etc have a "salary cap"? They have a salary scale. Footballers should have the same. We can do this in Scotland. We need to do this to protect our game.

As for creating competition. We cant do this by making the others as 'good' as us. Not unless they have the same income to spend on top players. The solution then is to share what we do have and make it less attractive for young guys to leave their local team for the OF.

Look at Wayne Rooney. Massive Evertonian but left Goodison for Old Trafford purely for more money. What chance did Everton have to compete? None. Same as here. Its shit and wont get better till we deal with the underlying problem. Money.
If you are putting an upper limit on what people can earn, you are capping wages. If you do not put an upper limit on wages you are not changing anything. A salary scale simply means that people doing job x get paid a certain amount. That, ultimately, is capping their wage.

Everything else you said makes perfect sense, if Scotland exists in a vacuum. It does not and what you are doing is removing the foreign players because of the salary cap (or scale, whichever term you prefer) AND sending the better home grown players abroad because they can earn what an employer is willing to pay them on the free market. Add that to the reduction in ability of the best teams and you are simply devaluing the game further.

One other thing to note is that tv revenue would drop, sponsorship would drop and we would lose pretty much all of our young support to the decent football that saturates TV and takes place a few hours away.

As difficult as it would be, we need to get the rest to be better.

Last edited:
"The Saints chairman, who has warned Perth fans to brace themselves for “heavy losses”, …"

Lurvly jubbly! :)

On another front, why doesn't Mr. S. Cosgrove step into the breach and turn the Saintees around? Thon fat ride seems to have the answer to everything relating to Scottish fitba from what I've heard.

As above, it’s the same lazy (and completely nonsense) comparison from folk who won’t accept we have too many professional teams and it’s not sustained.

It is nonsense, to illustrate the overall absurd idea of clubs being forced to merge which was my point.

Having 4 leagues doesn't help in this country should go to an 18 team league play each other twice. Fck the tv money for all we get and play every game 3.00 Saturdays

I'm not a fan of any other team in Scotland, soft spot for one or 2, but that's it. However, I do recognise the need for competition and looking at Scottish football right now is a bit depressing.

The whole "long.....slow.....lingering death" patter is just daft in the long term. If teams like St Johnstone for example get worse and worse with less money as we and Celtic coin it in then it'll end up almost like amateur football with all crowds dropping.

The greater spread of cash as suggested by @LOL 133 is a good idea, but needs clubs to literally see beyond their own nose.
The NFL College Draft System and Pay Caps is the perfect way to allow all teams to compete equally.

All teams have the same budget and the weakest team gets the first pick of the best college players. success boils down to your coaches selecting the right players and implementing the right playing style, while the owners hire the right back office staff to run the club

Only really works in a Franchise type league setup but it is the epitome of competitive fairness

People don’t like it because it is counter intuitive and doesn’t fit in with the “fu.ck the lot of them” logic but we need to ensure the revenue is distributed so that the smaller teams are effectively subsidised by ourselves and Celtic.

Therea no point in you and your neighbour having 2 stunning 9 bedroom mansions if your neighbours are living in decrepit squalor in a trailer park ffs. That does not a great neighbourhood make and only devalues your own property in the long term.

First thing we should have done this season was pool some of the Europa money with the mentally challengeds and force every club in the top flight to get a grass park.

The time for solutions is long past, there’s been think tanks and reports compiled for decades about improving Scottish football and if we cast our minds back to the years before our troubles in 2012 there was much debate about what could be done to make it a better product but the type of things that CAN be done to improve the overall product have not been implemented and probably never will.

There’s been screeds written on here for years with suggestions as to what could be implemented/tried but it’s pretty pointless as there are just too many obstacles in the way of making radical meaningful changes and keep in mind the obvious limitations of a set up of over 40 clubs in a population of 5.6m people with us and them having the majority of fans.

When we were doing much better than we are now and racked up 3 in a row with Walter in charge most of us back then accepted the Scottish game was badly in need of a major revamp but as the news increasingly focussed on our problems the wolves began to circle and eventually the whole football community in this country was whipped up into a frenzy got the scent of blood and there was much glee and an insatiable appetite to see us severely punished and damaged to the point of extinction such was the fervour and clamour by many to take their shot when we were on the floor totally helpless and rudderless.

What happens in Scottish football going forward is impossible to predict but it’s hard to see there being a positive future, as already mentioned the time to fix things is long gone and after the treatment of us these past 8 years in particular I honestly don’t care anymore even though as yet we don’t seem to have a get out route and are having to continue participating in a cesspit environment and competition which is now a farcical pile of dung.

I am now at the point to thinking that if there’s any good at all to come of the filth’s virtual takeover of the game that there’s hopefully going to be a tipping point where the whole thing crumbles because unlike some, I believe something else WOULD materialise because money talks and we do and can generate a lot of money and whatever comes next I believe would be better than this crap we are in now and better for us in the long term.

We have to accept too much has happened in recent years, the damage and rot is well and truly set in and there is no positive future for us within Scottish football...that is obvious to me, even with the tide turning on the park eventually and toppling that mob the football environment is not conducive to having a healthy vibrant product that is balanced with the ambition and aspirations of first of all US and gives the opposition a realistic shot at achieving a level of success.

The thing is limping on regardless but it’s complete and utter shit and will remain so even with us sitting at the top of the pile, it’s not worth saving and deserves to wither and die due to the final episode which is now one of farcical meaningless mediocrity as things have been carefully steered towards this situation for the sole benefit of one club and at the expense of the biggest club in the land.

Last edited:
The time for solutions is long past, there’s been think tanks and reports compiled for decades about improving Scottish football and if we cast our minds back to the years before our troubles in 2012 there was much debate about what could be done to make it a better product but the type of things that CAN be done to improve the overall product have not been implemented and probably never will.

There’s been screeds written on here for years with suggestions as to what could be implemented/tried but it’s pretty pointless as there are just too many obstacles in the way of making radical meaningful changes and keep in mind the obvious limitations of a set up of over 40 clubs in a population of 5.6m people with us and them having the majority of fans.

When we were doing much better than we are now and racked up 3 in a row with Walter in charge most of us back then accepted the Scottish game was badly in need of a major revamp but as the news increasingly focussed on our problems the wolves began to circle and eventually the whole football community in this country was whipped up into a frenzy got the scent of blood and there was much glee and an insatiable appetite to see us severely punished and damaged to the point of extinction such was the fervour and clamour by many to take their shot when we were on the floor totally helpless and rudderless.

What happens in Scottish football going forward is impossible to predict but it’s hard to see there being a positive future, as already mentioned the time to fix things is long gone and after the treatment of us these past 8 years in particular I honestly don’t care anymore and even though we don’t seem to have a get out route and are having to continue participating in a cesspit environment and competition which is now a farcical pile of dung.

I am now at the point to thinking that if there’s any good at all to come of the filth’s virtual takeover of the game that there’s a tipping point where the whole thing crumbles because I believe something else WOULD materialise because money talks and we do and can generate a lot of money and that would be better for us in the long term.

We have to accept too much has happened in recent years, the damage and rot is well and truly set in and there is no positive future for us within Scottish football...that is obvious to me, even with the tide turning on the park eventually and toppling that mob the football environment is not conducive to having a healthy vibrant product that is balanced with the ambition and aspirations of first of all US and gives the opposition a realistic shot at achieving a level of success.

The thing is limping on regardless but it’s complete and utter shit and will remain so even with us sitting at the top of the pile, it’s not worth saving and deserves to wither and die due to the final episode which is now of farcical meaningless mediocrity which has been carefully steered towards for the sole benefit of one club and at the expense of the biggest club in the land.

Oh I’d agree that the game is crippled with pettiness, apathy and myopia.

Pretty much the only thing that will generate a desire(or a need) for change being driven through will be one of them actually going to the wall and the others shitting themselves.

I don't actually know how some of these clubs survive. I am guessing travelling old firm support keeps them afloat along with the occasional player sale - as well as putting in plastic pitches and letting them out.

Ross County’s survival baffles me. Dingwall has a population of around 6,000.

If you are putting an upper limit on what people can earn, you are capping wages. If you do not put an upper limit on wages you are not changing anything. A salary scale simply means that people doing job x get paid a certain amount. That, ultimately, is capping their wage.

Everything else you said makes perfect sense, if Scotland exists in a vacuum. It does not and what you are doing is removing the foreign players because of the salary cap (or scale, whichever term you prefer) AND sending the better home grown players abroad because they can earn what an employer is willing to pay them on the free market. Add that to the reduction in ability of the best teams and you are simply devaluing the game further.

One other thing to note is that tv revenue would drop, sponsorship would drop and we would lose pretty much all of our young support to the decent football that saturates TV and takes place a few hours away.

As difficult as it would be, we need to get the rest to be better.

That's great news. Maybe Henry McLeish will produce another report full of great ideas to make all the other teams better. I hope he doesn't let the OF in on his ideas because they might adopt them too and that would just widen the gap again. I think he'd need to devise a sort of vacuum to protect the Diddy teams.

With regards the salary scale/cap. Ive never heard the term cap used outwith sport. Sounds like a clever ploy to prevent the authorities from introducing a salary scale.

As far as europe goes and players leaving for more money. I think other countries will adopt a salary scale too. They'll have to to sort out their own lack of competition. For those that want to leave I say goodbye and goodluck.

Its a pity no one in authority can see the bleeding obvious. We have one of the least competitive leagues in the world with over 90% of titles shared between 2 teams.

The ONLY solution is to share the limited resources more evenly AND introduce a Scottish professional footballers salary scale.

These two moves would allow the "diddy" teams to develop young exciting competitive teams and maybe give us genuine competition. Nothing else will save the game here.

I raised this years ago with Keevins and the thick bastard claimed it was "communism".

The point is sport isnt worth watching without competition and we dont have this in Scotland.

Please dont bother telling me about other leagues. None come near ours for lack of competition.
The reality is that we need to leave this league to make it competitive.
Both us and the scum could operate a second team in the Scottish league at a salary level that would allow the other teams to compete.
That would then allow Rangers to enter a league that befits our standing and level of support.
Otherwise what will happen is that we will be slowly strangled and the diddy teams will all go out of business anyway.

The NFL College Draft System and Pay Caps is the perfect way to allow all teams to compete equally.

All teams have the same budget and the weakest team gets the first pick of the best college players. success boils down to your coaches selecting the right players and implementing the right playing style, while the owners hire the right back office staff to run the club

Only really works in a Franchise type league setup but it is the epitome of competitive fairness

Im sure you'll get bombarded with reasons why this wont work here. We dont do solutions on FF.

Both us and the scum could operate a second team in the Scottish league at a salary level that would allow the other teams to compete.
That would then allow Rangers to enter a league that befits our standing and level of support.
Otherwise what will happen is that we will be slowly strangled and the diddy teams will all go out of business anyway.

The problem with this is the same thing will happen again. RM Barca and the rest keeping all the cash while we end up financially disadvantaged and a diddy team.

You HAVE to share the cash evenly AND have a salary scale otherwise some teams simply buy their way to success.

Yeah, to be fair it definitely wouldn't work here the best kids would just go to England .... not enough money in the game up here either

The problem with this is the same thing will happen again. RM Barca and the rest keeping all the cash while we end up financially disadvantaged and a diddy team.

You HAVE to share the cash evenly AND have a salary scale otherwise some teams simply buy their way to success.
Nonsense. We would be in probably the second/third tier of a European league system that would have plenty of money.
We would be playing the likes Feyenoord, Braga and Wolves week in, week out and have a half chance of promotion to the top divisions.
Where we currently are we will wither and die over the next few decades unless something changes dramatically.
The good news is that eventually we will get control of our own broadcast rights and that is probably what will rocket us into a big European team as audience levels will be high enough.
We would get TV audiences of millions if we were playing top teams every week.
The small teams will never be able to complete financially and we should not be hampered because of the difficulties that they have got.
That is exactly what is happening now.

Nonsense. We would be in probably the second/third tier of a European league system that would have plenty of money.
We would be playing the likes Feyenoord, Braga and Wolves week in, week out and have a half chance of promotion to the top divisions.
Where we currently are we will wither and die over the next few decades unless something changes dramatically.
The good news is that eventually we will get control of our own broadcast rights and that is probably what will rocket us into a big European team as audience levels will be high enough.
We would get TV audiences of millions if we were playing top teams every week.
The small teams will never be able to complete financially and we should not be hampered because of the difficulties that they have got.
That is exactly what is happening now.

Nonsense.

There are currently 10 leagues in Europe where the winners have won 6 titles or more in a row. This isn't just a scottish problem. Eufa should be worried but they dont give a monkeys.

Can you name me another league where only 2 teams have won the league for 35 consecutive years?
The closest I can find to a two side dominated league like ours is Uruguay, who have had 97 titles out of 117 won by just 2 clubs - and even there the title has been won 7 times by a team outside of those 2 since Aberdeen last won a title here.

Can you name me another league where only 2 teams have won the league for 35 consecutive years?
The closest I can find to a two side dominated league like ours is Uruguay, who have had 97 titles out of 117 won by just 2 clubs - and even there the title has been won 7 times by a team outside of those 2 since Aberdeen last won a title here.
I'll hazard a guess there isnt.

By doing that us and Celtic would become worse and therefore the league would end up the equivalent of the Welsh or Irish leagues.

No thanks.
pretty much already is with teams from these leagues beating scottish teams in Europe.

You’re coming at it (no doubt fuelled by the word communism being involved) from the perspective that it will make everyone equally bad.

No-one is saying that and it need not be inevitable.
How many times have we said in the last 40 years when disposed of by some competent but hardly dazzling European side “it’s the league we’re in, we need competition, we need to be challenged and be ready for this”

This is not some Rangers philanthropy that is being mooted-it’s driven solely by selfishness and a desire for Rangers to thrive in a better environment.

I’d put it back to you that it’s your argument that is lazy “well just amalgamate the clubs and that will make them bigger and better”

File that one under : cuckoo land, cloud.

Yeah, we’ll become hyper competitive in Europe by making ourselves as equally shit as Motherwell and Kilmarnock. Flawless logic there. Cuckoo land indeed.

It’s hilarious that people are trying to argue that “make everything the same level of shit” is a solution.

It is nonsense, to illustrate the overall absurd idea of clubs being forced to merge which was my point.

It’s nonsense because the two aren’t remotely comparable. Scottish football and European competitions aren’t like for like, but you already know that, so no idea why you’re making such a stupid comparison.

Yeah, we’ll become hyper competitive in Europe by making ourselves as equally shit as Motherwell and Kilmarnock. Flawless logic there. Cuckoo land indeed.

It’s hilarious that people are trying to argue that “make everything the same level of shit” is a solution.

Didn’t read the post did you?
I’m out.

Back