‘Fighter’: Close pal of Rangers hero Fernando Ricksen shares touching image of ailing ex-footballer

Life can be so cruel at times, God bless you Fernando.

So painfully sad xx

Watching the video of Fernando coming out the taxi is heartbreaking.No Surrender Fernando.

God Bless you Fernando. Absolute heartbreaking watching someone deteriorate like that. Horrible horrible illness I wish a cure would hurry up and show itself!!

No matter what happens from here on in. You have shown the world how much of a true warrior you are pal. Well done.

I met him in Silverburn a year past at Christmas......we never shared any words other than I thanked him for all he had done for my club and gave him a big cuddle....
I walked a way greetin’ only to see my wife greetin’ as well...........I had something in my eye of course.
Please if there is a God.......find a cure for this.
God Bless you Fernando.

Bears, please remember this great Ranger in your prayers. To watch him failing like this is heart breaking. God bless you Fernando you are an inspiration.

So sad to see what this disease has done to this man, keep it lit fernando we are all with you.

Heartbreaking watching him get weaker and weaker. I just hope he is comfortable.

Heartbreaking... I have 3 dogs father son and his son. 3 generations.. Ranger Ricksen Blue.. Ricksen was a tribute to Fernando..

Last edited:
Back