‘Morelos can’t play with another striker’....

Morelos played just fine with Kenny Miller when he first arrived. He's not half as greedy as some are making out either. He was worse when he first got here & that today with Arfield was out of line but he's been thinking a lot more team orientated for the past year or so. I think that today was just his frustration at not getting on the score sheet much recently.

An opinion that was mooted often on here and something I have generally thought was true. But today he had 30 minutes with Kamberi as an inside left striker where I thought he looked more than capable of playing with a partner up top and it didn’t look like a complete waste of time trying it.

Is it more about the type of player he is partnered with? Maybe more of a creative second striker suits him. And also someone who is very much the support act to Morelos who clearly likes to be the main man.

He looked more comfortable with Kamberi for me than he has ever looked with Defoe or Cummings previously.

I thought Kamberi played really well when he came on. He was another out ball for us as he shielded the ball well when it came to him and he laid it off. I can't remember him making a hash of any of these. You can see he's a decent footballer.

I think Alfie could work well with either Kamberi or Stewart who are both intelligent footballers. Both would give him more space and occupy defenders. Neither Kent or Hagi are giving us enough upfront.

I think Alfie could work well with either Kamberi or Stewart who are both intelligent footballers. Both would give him more space and occupy defenders. Neither Kent or Hagi are giving us enough upfront.
Hagi, played the ball for the winning goal to Arfield I thought he had a decent game given how off form the players were round about him with only Arfield showing up till Kamberi came on and offered us something different.

Hagi, played the ball for the winning goal to Arfield I thought he had a decent game given how off form the players were round about him with only Arfield showing up till Kamberi came on and offered us something different.
Yes agree - Hagi looks good picking up ball 30 yards out and turning. I like Hagi and think he gives us something different. But would like to see Kent rested / dropped and either Stewart or Kamberi given run up front with Morelos

Morelos was onside when he nipped In and took the ball from Arfield, yes he should have played the ball across goal rather than blasting high and wide but it wasn’t a surprise he went for goal as he does shoot from that angle quite a bit.

From some comments you’d think that he never looked to pass to a teammate all game or let anyone have a chance though (off the top of my head) he did lay on Kent for him to have 2 shots at goal and passes to Kamberi for his disallowed goal.

The slight change in shape when Kamberi came on had Morelos linking up with both Kamberi and Hagi more and is one that I’d like to see given more of a chance. It seems that we all just assume that Morelos doesn’t play well with others but how often have we gave it a chance?

Alfie is playing well within himself for me there’s a whiff of Laudrup’s last season about it. Laudrup looked like he was simply going through the motions at times and Alfie appears the same, either he’s fed up with being booked for looking the wrong way, being distracted by bbc media driven hate campaigns, getting shit at home from a pregnant wife or perhaps keeping and eye on being injured ahead of a summer move, something is impacting his form.

Kamberi looks exactly the kind of player to play alongside Morelos. Will Gerrard give it a go though? Who knows.

Suppose it was inevitable that the door of the closet containing the Alfie critics would be burst open by the team's recent performances.

Alfie is playing well within himself for me there’s a whiff of Laudrup’s last season about it. Laudrup looked like he was simply going through the motions at times and Alfie appears the same, either he’s fed up with being booked for looking the wrong way, being distracted by bbc media driven hate campaigns, getting shit at home from a pregnant wife or perhaps keeping and eye on being injured ahead of a summer move, something is impacting his form.

I honestly hate these sorts of unfounded claims. Absolutely nothing to suggest that’s the case and I think it’s really disrespectful to the player to even suggest so, and what’s more, Laudrup didn’t do that either. He had persistent injury problems, troubling him to the point he paid a physio out his own pocket to get extra treatment.

I honestly hate these sorts of unfounded claims. Absolutely nothing to suggest that’s the case and I think it’s really disrespectful to the player to even suggest so, and what’s more, Laudrup didn’t do that either. He had persistent injury problems, troubling him to the point he paid a physio out his own pocket to get extra treatment.

In posts like this, to contribute to the debate, I am only commenting on the fact he has clearly dropped a notch in his form and exploring some of the potential reasons for it. I may be wrong, I don’t talk from any position of knowledge, pretty much like 99.9% of all other posters on here.

My memory of Laudrups last season didn’t extend to his injuries I’m afraid I just remember being disappointed that the player we had seen world class ability from played within himself. Like Alfie appears to.Like many others I’m just frustrated and looking for answers no slight is meant towards Alfie at all.

In fact where I sit At Ibrox, I’ve had a few words defending him to pricks who are constantly on his back.

I thought he did a lot better when Kamberi came on, probably because he didn’t get into Alfie’s space too much unlike Cummings and Defoe. Strangely his link up play when he is playing well is fantastic atm he isn’t playing well and is probably focusing on his own game too much.
The pressure he brings on himself would have been off if the referees had done their job this week, 3 goals in 3 games would have been a huge boost to his confidence.

So Morelos scored a goal at Killie to win the game, only to have it ruled it for a slight push and the defender throwing himself to the deck about 5 yards away.

Then yesterday he scores a perfectly good goal which is wrongly ruled offside.

Yet some still want him dropped? Even off form he's still our biggest threat.

What do people watch? Kamberi didn’t play ‘up with’ Morelos in a two. He played wider, pretty similar positionally to Kent actually. We haven’t seen Morelos and Kamberi play as a partnership yet. I repeat our shape didn’t change when Kamberi came on yesterday.

He looked good yesterday but Kamberi couldn’t lace Alfie’s boots as a footballer - Doidge kept him out the Hibs team ffs so folk wanting Alfie dropped for him are talking utter pish again. Same guy would have wanted Cummings replacing him also..

There is certainly something not quite right with Alfredo at the moment. Personally I think he isn’t fully fit but I expect him to play through this and it’s worth pointing out he has had 2 good goals disallowed in the last 2 games.

Thursday is a big game for him since it not only puts him back in the shop window but generally his best performances have come in Europe this season.

There is certainly something not quite right with Alfredo at the moment. Personally I think he isn’t fully fit but I expect him to play through this and it’s worth pointing out he has had 2 good goals disallowed in the last 2 games.

Thursday is a big game for him since it not only puts him back in the shop window but generally his best performances have come in Europe this season.

Yep, been fantastic in Europe more open football and it seems to suit his game better.

The last few months of adverse media coverage have clearly taken a toll on the lad and that's hardly surprising. The 'throat slitting', the dubious red card, the car tampering, the racist abuse and now goals chalked off at the slightest excuse. All of that must be reaping havoc with his mood and confidence.

You couldn't blame the lad for thinking 'sooner out of this country the better'. Bears turning on him when he needs our support most is hardly likely to motivate a return to form. Nor will it encourage larger bids come the summer. Madness.

For all Buff has been off form he's hit the bar, had a couple of one on one saved and has had two goals wrongly rules out. He's trying.

Kamberi and Buff up front, Hagi central behind. Width from the fullbacks and drop Kent. Simple

People have been crying out for two strikers through out the season. But some in here label it dinosaur bullshit or worry about the midfield becoming over run.

Livingston struggled with it, they had no answers to it.

Morelos is a greedy bastard and wont work well in a partnership
If the second striker is willing to play as the second striker in the partnership I don't see the issue. It's when both are fighting for the top dog status that it won't.

If he was referred fairly he would have had a couple more goals and a couple of pens. Would we be complaining as much if we had not been cheated since the break?

There are a few good points made on here --

If Alfie wasn't getting goals wrongly disallowed so much, he would be "an in-form striker", full of confidence.

He DID look as if he was on the same wavelength as Kamberi when he came on, and those two plus Hagi do look as if they could be a good attacking mix.

If his other teammates were scoring more goals, then Alfie wouldn't have to be so greedy.

And btw, the reference to Laudrup is wrong imo -- I'll again quote the joke that many of us told at the time:
"What's the difference between a black cab and Brian Laudrup?
A black cab can only carry five people."

Like Alfie, Laudrup also carried the team on many many occasions.

People have been crying out for two strikers through out the season. But some in here label it dinosaur bullshit or worry about the midfield becoming over run.

Livingston struggled with it, they had no answers to it.

We didn’t play ‘two up top’ though? We kept the same shape with Kamberi coming off the left.

Reactions: M@x
Like the rest of the team hes come back from the break off form and looking a bit fried.

However with officials doing their jobs properly he wouldve scored 3 goals in 3 games, won the game against Kilmarnock aand nobody would be talking about dropping him for anybody let alone Kamberi.

Morelos is more than capable of linking play up with others. He is also able to pick a pass to create chances for others. However he does go through spells trying too hard to get a goal. Potentially doesn’t trust the finishing abilities of others?

We didn’t play ‘two up top’ though? We kept the same shape with Kamberi coming off the left.

We had two strikers on the park and it gave the opposition some thing to think about.

A striker coming in off the left or right will have better movement and awareness than an attacking midfielder in and around the box, which Kamberi did.

We're playing so badly right now that we might as well change it up and try 2 up top. Can't be much worse!

Morelos is too greedy to play in a partnership, he never passes to the other player. He took the ball off Arfield when he was through today despite being offside, didn't square it to Hagi when through instead choosing to shoot over and he delayed the pass to Kamberi till he was offside at the end.
Morelos also played a terrific pass to Hagi with his weaker foot who then laid on Davis for a one on one.

Morelos also set up kamberi brilliantly but unfortunately he was just offside.

Morelos also took the ball from Arfield and scored a perfectly good goal which was ruled out unfairly.

Some of the Morelos bashing on here recently is disgusting. The work he has put in for the teams cause, especially in Europe and against the mentally challengeds deserves more respect.

This thread is exactly why FF hot takes should just be ignored.

Kamberi plays on the left for half an hour and that is somehow evidence that he's perfect for a partnership for Morelos

.............................Greegs
Tav..................................................Borna
..................Goldson......Katic
......................,........Jack
.......,,....Arfield........................Davis
...............................Hagi
...............Morelos...........Kamberi

Arfield and Davis can drop behind when full backs go forward to give width.

Back