‘Player power’

His man management seems utterly terrible. Right from when he came in, he bombed out Kiernan, MOH etc. Now these players were not good enough for us, but I'm sure the players who stayed and played under Pedro were not happy that their mates were frozen out immediately.

These players get paid handsomely to perform.

If PC had cuddled up to Ohalloran etc this place would went ballistic.

Bosman gave the players the power and they will exploit that power when it suits them. Either as a team or as an individual Chelsea and Man City have been rightly mentioned but has been going on for years. The Real Madrid team of the mid 80s into the mid 90s had a weak link, the goalkeeper but because he was a popular team mate the players made known to the then manager Leo Beenhakker under no circumstances was he to be dropped. That Madrid team under achieved massively . Player power at its worst. I think as far as Pedro is concerned when he criticised the players in public he was done for. The supporters maybe thinking yeah Pedro they deserve it but ultimately its players that get you sacked. I genuinely feel sorry for the man that it did not work out.

Great informative post
It could've been that the players even the ones he brought in didn't understand what way he wanted them to play over complicating positions, formations, and who knows whatever he said and done

True… I just don’t want to think that the players feel they can down tools whenever they feel aggrieved with their boss and think that they have the power to make or break whoever!

So much for being professional………

If that is the case…we live in dangerous times football wise……

These players get paid handsomely to perform.

If PC had cuddled up to Ohalloran etc this place would went ballistic.

Sure they get paid handsomely but being paid well doesn't take feeling that their mates are being hard done by.

I never suggest Pedro should cuddle up to O'Halloran? Just that his man management seemed off right from the start.

Could you point me to the part where I mention Kennu Miller, I must have missed it.
I never said you said KM ! I said that this appeared to be the thought process for the majority of the posts where he is singled out ! Did not mean to infer you thought that.

I never said you said KM ! I said that this appeared to be the thought process for the majority of the posts where he is singled out ! Did not mean to infer you thought that.
fair-dos. i wasn't actually thinking about Miller when I posted, more the information in the book I was talking about that states all it takes is one negative attitude at an organization and it can spread like a virus. I think the fact that Pedro was expending energy trying to shut that kind of shit down (no matter who it was coming from) must have been a pain in the arse for him.

Caixinha was a failure however we must ask the question how in fact he got the
manager's post in the first case;
Was there a background check on Pedro's achievements on the footballing front, Qatar being a renown football country and him probably name dropping, as he met Jose and Ronaldo as they passed through Portugal's airport network. Does this merit managing the most successful football team in world - I think not.
The person(s) responsible for hiring and then allowing PC to continue after being beaten by a Saturday morning amateur team in the Europa league, should be held accountable for this latest fiasco.
This of course will never happen - onwards and upwards.

Back