‘Something a little bit different’ - Castore tipped to take Newcastle in a new direction

I just can't shift this little gnawing in the back of my head.

For SD to get in before official launches, they must have been sent product imagery and spec/pricing for each item. Even if it goes live as 'pre-order', they have been given - by someone - all the details they need to put up on the website.

Now we're waiting on a Castore range of Newcastle gear?

If this was all part of the deal that got us away then fine. But it just doesn't seem such a 'clean break' as we've been told.

For SD to get in before official launches, they must have been sent product imagery and spec/pricing for each item. Even if it goes live as 'pre-order', they have been given - by someone - all the details they need to put up on the website.

If this was all part of the deal that got us away then fine. But it just doesn't seem such a 'clean break' as we've been told.
SD get to sell our kit, that was the deal to get us out of the erroneous contracts, a small price to pay imho.

If Ashley bids for and gets castore I seriously hope our club has a clause in their contract to terminate forthwith.
Iirc this was mentioned that in our deal with Castore it expressly forbids them from being involved with Ashley outside if our existing deal.

SD are the biggest Sportswear retailer in Europe, why would a growing brand exclude themselves from that kind of Customer base?

Because we were their priority you would think they wouldn’t jump into bed the company who tried to ruin us?

Also i think I seen someone else post on here the other day that sports direct stock other Castore items for rugby teams etc which nobody else does You must admit that’s strange ?

Because we were their priority you would think they wouldn’t jump into bed the company who tried to ruin us?

Also i think I seen someone else post on here the other day that sports direct stock other Castore items for rugby teams etc which nobody else does You must admit that’s strange ?
Why would it be strange?, they want to grow their brand, they won’t want to piss off Ashley who has the ability to destroy their business whenever he likes, it’s in their interests to keep him onside, as long as we have safeguards built in to our Contract what they do is down to them.

You need to take the hit when Ashley has got a bit of a high street monopoly in terms of big sports retailers as long as he's giving us the money for the kits he's buying then it shouldn't be that big of an issue

I thought there was talk of the Reuben brothers buying out Ashley at Newcastle.

Haven't been keeping tabs on it but I'm assuming it's not happening now?

Agreed - I can’t shake off this suspicion that he has an influence or an interest in Castore.

He's only going with Castore to get a negative reaction from our support to seed doubt and damage sales.
It's personal.

I think that's a better way to look at it rather than to immediately have a thought that it's going to cost us through some nefarious scheme.

I am aware that he obviously got at Elite and caused problems there so you can never say never in terms of what Castore might do in the future and how it'll impact us but, immediately, it doesn't affect our contract with them.

SD are too big a company to be in the same market as and assume you can have literally no dealings with.

Our best hope is that Ashley has one pie too many.

I thought there was talk of the Reuben brothers buying out Ashley at Newcastle.

Haven't been keeping tabs on it but I'm assuming it's not happening now?
I think it was blocked by the EPL, and it was being looked at again, but I haven’t seen anymore of it.

The daft Geordie twats will buy them in their thousands whilst simultaneously strive to rid their club of Fatso.
Not the way to do it, my Geordie friends.

One pleasing thing about the bears pre Hummel was the dearth of blue shirts inside Ibrox.

Starve the ravenous fat c unt.

This prick's name keeps coming up , and anyone saying there isn’t anything to worry about hasn’t being paying attention for the last ten years.
The club are happy with the Castore deal as has been put our there by many fan outlets I'm sure they will let us know if the situation changes

SD are the biggest Sportswear retailer in Europe, why would a growing brand exclude themselves from that kind of Customer base?
Ethics. Morality.

If Castore have the faith they say they do in their product, I'm sure they could find routes to market that doesnt involve disconnecting the dial on their moral compass.

I get the whole business/personal thing.

Ethics. Morality.

If Castore have the faith they say they do in their product, I'm sure they could find routes to market that doesnt involve disconnecting the dial on their moral compass.

And to be honest, it looks like the bears have had enough.

The whole business scenario.

Do you think they give a flying f.uck?

Nup.

Everything about their SD, Ashley and now Newcastle business stinks to me.

I was told 6 months ago by a Newcastle supporters trust guy that castore were in business with Ashley. Castore have denied it publicly but I’m not convinced

Ethics. Morality.

Ethics and morality won’t stop Ashley putting them out of business if they don’t play ball.

I was told 6 months ago by a Newcastle supporters trust guy that castore were in business with Ashley. Castore have denied it publicly but I’m not convinced
I’m convinced they are.

If anything I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire thing was an MA construct from the very start.
It’s the one thing missing from his portfolio - a credible brand that he owns and controls.
All the hallmarks of his involvement are there - quality issues, vague assurances around production, NUFC, the school jumpers debacle, continued links to SD retail etc

I’m convinced they are.

If anything I wouldn’t be surprised if the entire thing was an MA construct from the very start.
It’s the one thing missing from his portfolio - a credible brand that he owns and controls.
All the hallmarks of his involvement are there - quality issues, vague assurances around production, NUFC, the school jumpers debacle, continued links to SD retail etc

So he founded Castore in 2015 and they flew under the radar for 5 years, just to avoid suspicion.

Robert Senior, Tom Singh, Arnaud Massenet, are all willing pawns in Ashley's game.

The Beahon brothers are actually just actors. Stooges.

And Andy Murray, West Indies Cricket, McLaren F1, Wolves and Saracens are all in on the ruse too.

Iirc this was mentioned that in our deal with Castore it expressly forbids them from being involved with Ashley outside if our existing deal.

I doubt that's true, SD sell non Rangers Castore products including plain Castore clothing, the West Indies cricket stuff, Sydney Roosters, and Melbourne Storm gear, basically every retail deal they have is available through SD. Based on that, it's pretty safe to assume they will also have the Wolves, Newcastle, and any other team signed up when they come out. They even had Rangers gear last season that wasn't available through the Rangers site, or, from anywhere I could see, in store.

We were happy to buy the nonsense that a small company was able to out bid the biggest sports retailer in Europe by giving them an opportunity to sell a product that none of the target market want to buy from them. Just like we were happy to buy it the other two or three times our board and anyone 'in the know' said we were free.

Latest posts

Back