‘We were bullied’

Alan Johnson

‘ We were bullied ‘.........I’ve read this countless times today, ’ we never matched them physically ‘ ................another belter,Morelos was booked for persistent fouling after 2 maybe 3 nudges??.......do you honestly believe the ref would allow us to give it back to Murderwell the way they dealt it out today?

Wake up ffs!

The cùnts know that they will get away with assaults on our players, we’ve seen it time and time again the yahoos are in control of the officials and refs will not give career affecting descisions that go against the grain

Bullying is rightly seen as a bad thing in school, the workplace, life in general.

It's a term of admiration, at best, or grudging respect at worst, in the context of the joke that is Scottish football.

Unless, as MrBrightside rightly points out, we try it, in which case it reverts to unacceptable behaviour.

Reactions: dmg
So we should just allow ourselves to get bullied then ? We had a player have his nose broken and we did nothing about it , teams bully us because we let them

‘ We were bullied ‘.........I’ve read this countless times today, ’ we never matched them physically ‘ ................another belter,Morelos was booked for persistent fouling after 2 maybe 3 nudges??.......do you honestly believe the ref would allow us to give it back to Murderwell the way they dealt it out today?

Wake up ffs!

Would Gough, Brown, Ferguson, Hateley, Amoruso, etc have stood for that? Absolutely not. They'd have given as good as they got...and then more.

So we should just allow ourselves to get bullied then ? We had a player have his nose broken and we did nothing about it , teams bully us because we let them
What do you suggest we do?
Do you not understand that if we go overly physical the rules will be applied and we’d finish with 8 men most games.

Would Gough, Brown, Ferguson, Hateley, Amoruso, etc have stood for that? Absolutely not. They'd have given as good as they got...and then more.

And in the current climate, been sent off.

OP is right. It's like bullying at school, only the teachers are egging on the bullies and doing %^*& all to help the kid getting beaten up.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this ref cost us the game nonsense. Windass alone had three chances to bury Motherwell today.

Wake up ffs!
so give us the answer,eagerly waiting.

Do you not understand that if we go overly physical the rules will be applied and we’d finish with 8 men most games.
I suggest we stand up for ourselves and stop letting other teams bully us, maybe we will get men booked or sent off but I would prefer that than having cowards in the team

Sorry, but I'm not buying this ref cost us the game nonsense. Windass alone had three chances to bury Motherwell today.
It still does not excuse the ref from applying the rules,Bowman should have been off after 15 minutes,if the ref does his job Cardoso goes home with his face intact!

We're hearing a bit too much whinging about referees here.

In the past, we've always had players who would fight for the jersey and make every opposition player fight for every blade of grass on the park.

Where are those players today. Why are the current lot so unassertive and shrinking ?

This has never been the Rangers way.

That's all right then. They should just let the opposition smash their faces and carry on like little lambs.

I'd rather we finished with 8 men and a bit of fight. Because come the next game the next team might not be so sure of themselves.

And in the current climate, been sent off.

OP is right. It's like bullying at school, only the teachers are egging on the bullies and doing %^*& all to help the kid getting beaten up.

The best analogy ive read about our plight
So many posters on here that don’t appreciate what’s going on and what we’re up against

To answer a question above - the whole hierarchy of Scottish football needs to change and every poet in every position in politics ,media and ruling bodies needs to be rooted out and replaced with fair minded people who can actually do their job professionally and without prejudice to the Bheast

So hardly anything at all really, maybe if we appoint Derek fucking McInnes we’ll be fine

In the past, we've always had players who would fight for the jersey and make every opposition player fight for every blade of grass on the park.

Where are those players today. Why are the current lot so unassertive and shrinking ?

Maybe because they would get no support from the club

I don’t think we cowed against the all out aggression. We controlled the game for 60 mins. I do think our mentality needs to deal with a ref not protecting us, because that’s a thing that’s real and ain’t going away.

We lost the game because we didn’t take chances and Motherwell took theirs

Wake up ffs![/QUOTE

Call it bullied ..... call it whatever you want ....... but face facts we are weak of body and weak of mind. Until we add the physicality to our game that is necessary , we will not become winners. The ref wasn't great but our problems run far deeper than him.

When we did give it back (Alves), the ref had a perfect view and didn't give anything.

Think he was just incompetent today. Probably the occasion and ferocity got to him.

The fact is these teams know we are weak and that's why the continually play physically against us but if they know we match up and can fight fire with fire the won't imo.

The fact is these teams know we are weak and that's why the continually play physically against us but if they know we match up and can fight fire with fire the won't imo.

As soon as we did, our player would be off

Because we have stopped signing winners, by and large.

That is no reason not to imo.

We have to fight back and if it takes some red cards and some bloody noses or just halving a guy like Bowman in two for doing that to our player then so be it I'm sure we would all get that but to do nothing.....nah not on.

Bullshit.
Motherwell knew they’d get away with elbows,shocking tackles,etc.....before the match they were telling us how physical it would be.
It’s easy to say Rangers are weak,pussies etc,etc. Fact is we wouldn’t get away with half the shit these thugs are dishing out!

Bullshit.
Motherwell knew they’d get away with elbows,shocking tackles,etc.....before the match they were telling us how physical it would be.
It’s easy to say Rangers are weak,pussies etc,etc. Fact is we wouldn’t get away with half the shit these thugs are dishing out!

Ok were was our players and where was the retribution to these elbows? Absolutely nowhere it didn't even fire them up seeing one of their mates nose smashed and blood everywhere.

If that was me and I seen that is be going hunting as would a Kevin Thomson you don't let people push you around ever.

I agree with the OP.

The same people saying they'd rather see players showing fight and getting sent off would be the first to criticise players for losing their discipline and getting sent off.

According to craigan Hartley was a real man,and Morelos just a young man starting to ply his trade.

Jesus H Christ, they have players doing scissor kick challenges and we do not even get a foul, I dont know what game some of FF were watching but if the ref is doing his job correctly and applying the rules as laid down we would have been playing 9 men before the 1st half was over. Windass missing sitters does not help, but neither does the ref letting your opponents kick eff out of you.

I agree with the OP.

The same people saying they'd rather see players showing fight and getting sent off would be the first to criticise players for losing their discipline and getting sent off.
Correct,and they’d all be wailing “it’s not the Rangers way”.

We were not bullied

Bullied in football terms means one team is more physical- the opposition can not cope and fold

We were assaulted and the ref allowed it to happen

I agree with the OP.

We are being bullied and we just stand and accept it ? We need to start standing up for ourselves and if that means we get a few cards then so be it , every so called hard man in Scotland will want to play us the way we are now knowing that there will never be any comeback no matter what they do

This!

Morelos put in a tackle - I didn’t think it was a foul but Mclean gave it - then he pointed to two imaginary fouls (almost pausing to think where can I gesture to) and then that spot before carding him

He lad he “fouled”
Has already gone in after the ball was passed by candeias (foul given) and high & late on Windass (foul given)
Both fouls worse than any Morelos did and no card

We are being bullied and we just stand and accept it ? We need to start standing up for ourselves and if that means we get a few cards then so be it , every so called hard man in Scotland will want to play us the way we are now knowing that there will never be any comeback no matter what they do

We aren't being bullied though.

When teams playing aggressive the physical within the rules of the game, like St Johnstone, we stand up to them and we aren't bullied.

When a referee allows a player to break someone elses nose without even giving a foul, there is literally nothing we can do. Especially when our players get fouls given against them when we breathe near an opponent.

What we need to do is come out as a club and get tore into the incompetent referee's and show them instances of them failing to protect our players. Then, and only then, will we be able to play on a level playing field and play to the same set of rules as our opponents.

So we elbow back etc,go down to 9 men? This is the SPFL not the UFC,I’d rather the refs did their job.
I’d like Pedro in his next presser to show a video of these assaults on our players,from earlier games too, and turn the heat on the SFA and their biased refs.

So we elbow back etc,go down to 9 men? This is the SPFL not the UFC,I’d rather the refs did their job.
I’d like Pedro in his next presser to show a video of these assaults on our players,from earlier games too, and turn the heat on the SFA and their biased refs.
Maybe by acting the way we do its easier for refs to treat us differently, but I do agree we as a club.from the board , manager , staff and players have to take a stand and say no more , videos from previous games and how we are treated in comparison to others must be highlighted but we also need to stand up for ourselves on the park

Wake up ffs!
Excellent post. It is organized against us. Didn't the yahoos once give a referee an ultimatum, "get it right with us or else". What other country would stand for that blatant threatening intimidation.

Jack stood up to Broadfoot and the 4th official starts hallucinating and tells the ref to send Jack off. That is what we are up against.

Teams bully us because the officials allow them to.
The leniency afforded Moult in the first league match at Motherwell, and again at Hampden, allowing Cardoso to be crudely assaulted, make it impossible to compete. When you consider that Rangers have had a player dismissed twice for offences that were figments of the officials imagination.
In the Hibs game:-
Rangers 15 fouls 6 yellow and 1red card.
Hibs. 14 fouls 3yellow cards.

Could not have put it better myself, what this team needs is a bad bastard who wont take any crap from anyone. Ala Souness

Football is evolving but scotland is resisting should we join the resistance or try and move with the times?????

PLG & Pedro tried to move things forward but with this culture and tough man aprotch we (Scotland)remain irrelevant in the footballing world.

Mad Joe`s already explained their behaviour in advance, being a non political club, and the well known tardiness of bus/train drivers, fuk, anybody would think they didn`t actually respect the millions of servicemen and women who gave their lives ( many brave irish souls included )

Football is evolving but scotland is resisting should we join the resistance or try and move with the times?????

PLG & Pedro tried to move things forward but with this culture and tough man aprotch we (Scotland)remain irrelevant in the footballing world.
100% agree. Long ball and elbows flying is just about every teams tactics.

Back