“ 6000 seats still available for the club deck”

Ready for Future/Blue Heaven 1995

25 year you were guaranteed your seat for also had benefits along with it like discounts on the cub shop etc plus your name on your seat for £399

in the mid 2000s they came up with another plan - 3 year season ticket basically you own season ticket with a slight discount on it if you paid up front the 3 years i.e £500 a year it could get it for £1350 for the 3 years

Yes the “Ready for the future / Blue Heaven “ from 1995 I have uploaded here the brochure adverts

( Just scroll right arrow for the images of the corners e c t )

Sh*t! Like many others, I’d imagine, I inherited mine & always thought it was something to have forever.

It’s a shame & surprising the board haven’t tried to put something in place to reinstate that scheme.

May be wrong but I seem to recall that the bond lasted 25 years.

Still have the original certificate and tie somewhere. For old times sake sit in the same seat with my name still on it.

Again it’s such a mixed catalogue of events we are dealing with, at the time yes we where running like a sweetie and we where top class in every way.

Few complained and i think if we look at the global economy even up to a few years later it was difficult for David Murray to predict that his other steel buisness his main source of income would be affected to such a point that his hand would be forced to sell for a £1 like it was.

So I think the two periods in our clubs history although intwined with the same person at the helm are two completely difffrent circumstances in so many ways.

I'm not sure we were being run in a 'top class' way at any point in the Murray era.

Murray's father was a pathetic gambler who ended up bankrupt and in jail. Murray, therefore, was well aware of the risks his, erm, 'business philosophy' had and he took them with Rangers. The only pity is he will not end up like his father.

Back