“ I just want more goals - I like to celebrate with our fans.” Colak

I read a stat earlier on Twitter that said his xG for the season so far was 3.1 (or something like that) but he’s actually scored 7 goals.

I know xG stats have their critics but those numbers are sensational.

Those numbers basically tell us that he is absolutely clinical in front of goal. The more chances we can make this guy, the better.

We need to get offensive players around him supplying him with chances so that means two attacking midfielders and two wide men.
He'll take more chances than not.

I read a stat earlier on Twitter that said his xG for the season so far was 3.1 (or something like that) but he’s actually scored 7 goals.

I know xG stats have their critics but those numbers are sensational.

Those numbers basically tell us that he is absolutely clinical in front of goal. The more chances we can make this guy, the better.
Can't be many around outperforming their xG that much.

Surely we’re all Morelos and Colak fans tho?

I think it’s people who are just to stubborn to admit they got it wrong
I got it wrong. That are both excellent and cost us a grand total of 2.8m.

If we can find a way of getting both in the starting lineup that would suit all parties.

Was delighted to see Alfie celebrating with him after his 2nd

Media love to portray Morelos as someone who only cares if he scores

He’s lethal we need to find a way of getting both him and Morelos in the side.

Im a massive advocate of that but I think the chances of this happening is pretty much slim to none.

Im a firm believer Morelos playing on the inside right would be a shrewd move.

Given Wilson plenty of stick for our signing policy but credit where it's due for Colak, money well spent.

Might we have a 30 a season striker on our hands? Staying injury free he could maybe reach that over all competitions.

We had a wee squad on here that wanted him to fail, first, he was the third choice, next he could not play outside the box or link up play.
Then he would not score important goals, even though his goals qualified us for the Champions League, next it was he will be okay against the lower teams in our league.

It was all childish stuff as they wanted Morelos to play but hid behind these various excuses.

I love the big man and can’t get my head round the fans who say he’s not good enough
He’s a different option to Alfredo which is a big +

Looks to me at this early stage that %age wise he’ll score a higher proportion of chances and convert to goals than Boydie
Hopefully he’ll go on to score a barrel load of goals same as him
However I’m pretty sure soon as soon as he doesn’t score in a game the criticism will be loud and clear on here

For me it’s great 2 have good options and it’s horses for courses

Was delighted to see Alfie celebrating with him after his 2nd

Media love to portray Morelos as someone who only cares if he scores
Alfie plays selfishly at times (It suits his style ragdolling defenders rather than just passing it, so it's not a negative thing IMO as it works out a lot of the time) but I don't think he's selfish at all and I think that's an important thing to differentiate.

Only have to look at him under Gerrard in the final year where he was played deeper. He was instrumental to the amount of goals we were scoring across the whole starting 11 despite it actually hurting his own numbers.

Back