“ Sky Ranger satellite Tv Decoder box 90

Yes one of his companies in Livi

I never knew that but would not surprise me have a few other bits and pieces that he was probably involved with during those days “New innovations” which at the time we just had no idea where it would see us end up?

If you scroll down the link on desktop have a few other images have uploaded

I had one of these. Remember the first game I seen on it was v. Hibs at Hampden when a howler from Andy Goram knocked us out. I thought ''He'll never be a Rangers keeper!'' How wrong was I.....

I had one of these. Remember the first game I seen on it was v. Hibs at Hampden when a howler from Andy Goram knocked us out. I thought ''He'll never be a Rangers keeper!'' How wrong was I.....

Yip think maybe got that one slightly wrong lol, you wonder just how many trophies he actually won us , for sure under the Tommy Burns season he was just special versus them those saves at Ibrox

Thanks for clarifying. I deal with a company called Mi-tec and they do not electronic equipment. Confused the hell out of me!

So there was no mintec lol, I wonder if anyone still has one up of these boxes up in their lofts bound to be ? Maybe could can scan ?

I have added some great other older images to the imagur page you just have to scroll down the link to see them all inc photos of the 1st ever Rangers public counter Shop they have had a lot of hits and have proved popular if anyone has missed.

And some catalogues and other bits too if you on the train home and board !

So there was no mintec lol, I wonder if anyone still has one up of these boxes up in their lofts bound to be ? Maybe could can scan ?

I have added some great other older images to the imagur page you just have to scroll down the link to see them all inc photos of the 1st ever Rangers public counter Shop they have had a lot of hits and have proved popular if anyone has missed.

And some catalogues and other bits too if you on the train home and board !

I bet someone does, but it wouldn’t pick anything up because the satellite will have been shut off years ago

Aye was more just too see the box get a scan of it if anyone had as love all these old things ,

1z822g.jpg

zxmc9l.jpg

There you go Mimtec definitely existed and Murray had a hand in it. I worked for a company back in the day and I installed one of those in Mark Hateley's home in Helensburgh (Not a Hibs one :)))

Last edited:
1z822g.jpg

zxmc9l.jpg

There you go Mimtec definitely existed and Murray had a hand in it. I worked for a company back in the day and I installed one of those in Mark Hateley's home in Helensburgh (Not a Hibs one :)))

That’s quality Linwood actually some of the out put cables at the back would still work today,

Murray having a hand in it there is a surprise :D thanks for sharing I bet you some collectors would buy them if was a “ sky ranger logo “ even that hibs one you would find a buyer

Actually is smaller more modern looking than I thought it would be

That’s quality Linwood actually some of the out put cables at the back would still work today,

Murray having a hand in it there is a surprise :D thanks for sharing I bet you some collectors would buy them if was a “ sky ranger logo “ even that hibs one you would find a buyer

Actually is smaller more modern looking than I thought it would be
They were an ugly bulky square unreliable box. I hated installing them as you knew you would probably be back at some point exchanging the box due to failure. I wish I had kept some though as you are probably right about them now being a collectors item.

4qfkpk.jpg

These IMO were the best from that time slimline and fairly reliable

Last edited:
They were an ugly bulky square unreliable box. I hated installing them as you knew you would probably be back at some point exchanging the box due to failure. I wish I had kept some though as you are probably right about them now being a collectors item.

4qfkpk.jpg

These IMO were the best from that time slimline and fairly reliable

Defo would say you get £100 for one !

If still in original box lol

I can imagine it being difficult for you installing them as I guess in those days like everything else 1st Walkman, c d players , I pod’s always going to be electrical / software failures until they get it right ...

Although those Rangers landlines bet they still working ok if any about

Back